Star Wars Battlefront II

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How is the combat though, didn't that suck as well anyway? Meaning shit net code, poor hit detection, etc.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The netcode seems better I had a couple minor lag hiccups but other than that it runs a lot better than it did at launch when there were patches of serious lag/rubber banding. I have had no issues with hit detection the only hit stuff I ever had issues with was during rubber banding lag issues but I have not seen that in a while.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think some of the initial bitching about hit detection was people not realizing some weapons you can unlock mods that give them explosive rounds so you can get some weird how did they hit me issues but in fact they hit what you were hiding next to and explosion hurt you.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
combat is ok, it never really feels smooth or exactly right but once you get used to it, its functional. It just doesn't have the good "feel" of something like Destiny, Fortnite, some of the Call of Duties, etc. This is on console never tried on PC.

Battlefront 2 tho is worth it just for starfighter assault mode, its really fun and pretty chill. don't worry about objectives and shit, just have fun flying a tie fighter or x-wing (~10 different ships plus hero ships) around in space like Anakin Skywalker.

NOW THIS IS POD RACING
3l9tdmhbfhg01.jpg

(did you know that dude took his prequel money and bought a farm and raises animals and food and shit...)

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The flying is pretty damn fun I am like an idiot savant on the kashyyk map I have racked up some big scores flying like a mad man around the trees.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am

So, everybody's failing up and ewoks for cash.

Good on you EA. Really changing the landscape there. fml, they must've taken a page from Brad's playbook.

spronk

FPS noob
Battle for Endor update is out, new game mode Ewok Hunt which is ok. You are either Ewok (respawn) or Stormtrooper (turn into Ewok after death) on Endor at night, which is very cool. Ewoks see well in the dark, Stormtroopers can't see well but have flashlights and there are fire lit areas. Ewoks die super easy but its hard as fuck to see them as a stormtrooper. Survive 5 mins until a ship comes or until all the stormtroopers die. It was fun for 2-3 games but then its a bit boring, you just spend a lot of time wandering around dark areas not seeing shit, although Ewoks can set traps and stuff which is neat. I got like 3 kills in 3 games which isn't very fun.

You can buy skins and stuff for 5k (common) - 40k (epic heroes) so price wise its not that bad I guess, although only the heroes and 4 classes have skins, I didn't see skins for everything else. You can buy upgrade points for some amount of crafting parts if you wanna level up a char super fast.

All in all a decent patch I guess but after an hour I was ready to quit again for a while, starfighter assault is still fun and really the only game mode worth playing.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It’s on sale for 29 again on ps store but not for Xbox. Sounds like the Xbox one X is the version to get.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Battle for Endor update is out, new game mode Ewok Hunt which is ok. You are either Ewok (respawn) or Stormtrooper (turn into Ewok after death) on Endor at night, which is very cool. Ewoks see well in the dark, Stormtroopers can't see well but have flashlights and there are fire lit areas. Ewoks die super easy but its hard as fuck to see them as a stormtrooper. Survive 5 mins until a ship comes or until all the stormtroopers die. It was fun for 2-3 games but then its a bit boring, you just spend a lot of time wandering around dark areas not seeing shit, although Ewoks can set traps and stuff which is neat. I got like 3 kills in 3 games which isn't very fun.

You can buy skins and stuff for 5k (common) - 40k (epic heroes) so price wise its not that bad I guess, although only the heroes and 4 classes have skins, I didn't see skins for everything else. You can buy upgrade points for some amount of crafting parts if you wanna level up a char super fast.

All in all a decent patch I guess but after an hour I was ready to quit again for a while, starfighter assault is still fun and really the only game mode worth playing.
I think this mode will be better as people learn the map. Ewoks really need to know their way around to get behind troopers.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to say the ewok thing is a bit odd right now it just is a lot of learning curve figuring out the map. Had one really fun run last night we were down to like 4 storm troopers cowering in the caves then you hear all the horns and yub nubs and big zerg wave of barely seen ewoks bum rushed us from all sides. It was like some alien movie you just see creepy teddy bear faces via the flash lights as you get viciously stabbed to bits.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This is now on sale for $13 CDN on PSN.

Is the campaign worth $13? i do enjoy star wars, but did not love the MP in the first one.
I doubt there is even anyone to play MP with for BF2 anway.

IS the campaign worth $13?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It was when you were a badass fighting for the empire. Than they ruined that.

spronk

FPS noob
its a goofy campaign, its better than TLJ but it is a huge nostalgia wankfest that brings back original trilogy characters in super goofy ways. I think it takes place like a few years after ROTJ and then skips ahead a bit to around TFA times. The first 2-3 missions are great and then it just goes downhill. If you love the original trilogy you'll enjoy it for a bit but be ultimately disappointed by it. Its super short too, like maybe 8 hours tops.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Not worth it.

Yep, not really worth it at all. The space flight bit is pure trash. ALL the enemy ships are way faster than you are AND you can't ever hit a single fucking thing. Flew around in a multiplayer battle for 7 minutes and did zero fucking damage. It's a waste of electrons and disk space.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Picked it up for $4.50. Multiplayer would be a lot more fun if the jedi/sith heros wherent so powerful. Someone gets lucky and gets enough points fast then they spawn as Maul or Palpatine and spend the next 10-15 mins raping everyone ending the match with 60-70 kills.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users