Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Fadaar

That guy
a properly done Fett movie, or even a bounty hunters ensemble, would be fucking amazing

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
'Star Wars': Boba Fett Movie in the Works With James Mangold

Im down for a dark Western-esque movie (hopefully)

A Boba Fett movie requires Breckin Meyer

1200px-Breckin_Meyer_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I'd assume so since Boba was a kid at the end of the prequel trilogy. Could also give us nerds some real boner fuel and slot in some Shadows of the Empire stuff since a lot of that story/game revolved around bounty hunters.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Too bad now that the jury is in and the obvious conclusion to Solo’s bombing is male leads are terrible, Fett will now be fem or trans. God knows about any other bounty hunters, I can only imagine the absurdities.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
My bad, I can do more than imagine. The only white male will be Dengar, and they will explain why he’s wrapped in toilet paper. It’s because he’s incontinent from all the ass-rammings by his wife’s mandingo.

You’re welcome, Kathleen. You can fire all your hack writers that you pay for some reason, because I just did what they’d do, but for free and in 3 minutes.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Follow IG-88 as he breaks free from his White Empire agent master’s chains to prove robot lives matter.

• 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I loved Boba Fett as a kid. I had one of those life-sized cardboard upstanding of him in my room growing up, before Fathead's were a thing. Am I excited to hear that they are giving the character his own movie? No, I am not.

What makes a character like Boba Fett awesome comes down to 3 things: Incredibly cool look, ruthless efficiency, limited screen-time/mystery.

This movie is fucked. The character is fucked. They are going to humanize him, they are going to try to make you think "Hmm, he really isn't that bad of a guy, just good at his job".

They only way they could successfully make a Boba Fett movie, is basically Predator (1987), where Boba Fett is the Predator. Limited dialogue and screen time, never takes off his helmet, and systematically takes down Arnold Schwarzenegger-level mother fuckers. Disney doesn't have the balls.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the only way to successfully do a boba fett movie is to make the republic/rebellion the antagonists. the fist time we see him in the movies, he's being lectured by darth vader about disintegrating too much. think about that for a second. DARTH VADER thinks boba fett needs to tone it down. i'm not saying boba fett can't be honorable, the comics showed him to be. he's a mandalorian, so he's brutal, but he's honorable.

the last jedi DID hint at the republic being pretty trashy people, at least the rich... so they MIGHT go with a similar angle, fett is hired to bring in one of the republics super rich CEO's and has to fight through his private army... i don't know...

anyway, my point is that i think disney is going to end up focusing too much on fett being a bounty hunter with a heart of gold. he's sent to bring in some bounty but ends up siding with them because they are kids or something stupid. it's like the latest battlefield star wars game. they REALLY had a chance to do something special with the characters being imperials, but they made the empire irrevocably evil and the protagonists had no choice but to switch sides, and they did it like 3 missions in.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
What makes a character like Boba Fett awesome comes down to 3 things: Incredibly cool look, ruthless efficiency, limited screen-time/mystery.

This movie is fucked. The character is fucked. They are going to humanize him, they are going to try to make you think "Hmm, he really isn't that bad of a guy, just good at his job".

They'll probably make him diverse and give him some sort of tragic backstory where a jedi killed his dad so he took his father's armor and ship to get revenge on them. Could be pretty cool if it's R rated and he is just fucking murdering jedis all of the time.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
People are seriously over analyzing the box office totals for SOLO. It has nothing to do with 'brand fatigue' or 'rejecting the white male protagonist' and everything to do with it being something that no one really wanted. There is also the metacontexual fact that people knew the movie had issues and so kinda expected it to not do well.

• 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
There is only one Boba Fett movie I want to see: Quentin Tarantino's Boba Fett.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Give me some John Wick style action in star wars setting starring Boba Fett being sent to hunt shitbags by even worse shitbags and you got yourself a flick.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I could see them doing a bit where someone who setup a contract for him to complete then tried to kill him to close the loop. So, he could go hardcore against bad guys without feigning goodness.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd assume so since Boba was a kid at the end of the prequel trilogy. Could also give us nerds some real boner fuel and slot in some Shadows of the Empire stuff since a lot of that story/game revolved around bounty hunters.

For sure I would probably take supporting characters and stories from Shadows and just reassign that whole timeline into post-prequel. Disney has full creative control with their directors having penultimate freedom, so now would be the time to reassign Shadows characters into the Fett timeline they are going to be using.

Why? Because I don't trust Disney to write original content anymore. Recycling content is a safer beat.