Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Don't forget Peter Cushing. While not exactly an A lister at the time, he had name recognition.

And with that whole "we're putting time travel into the stories". It got me thinking: Yo, dawg, we retconned your favorite films, but they suck so now we're going to retcon the retcon!

I have a feeling we might be staring at a rehash of Dallas here. Episode 10 opening sequence, we see hazy images of 7-9, then a youngish Luke (with The Irisman younging) wakes up in a sweat and we get a decent trilogy!

...one can hope!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Don't forget Peter Cushing. While not exactly an A lister at the time, he had name recognition.

And with that whole "we're putting time travel into the stories". It got me thinking: Yo, dawg, we retconned your favorite films, but they suck so now we're going to retcon the retcon!

I have a feeling we might be staring at a rehash of Dallas here. Episode 10 opening sequence, we see hazy images of 7-9, then a youngish Luke (with The Irisman younging) wakes up in a sweat and we get a decent trilogy!

...one can hope!
People dont like it because its a lazy gimmick that hack writers use to get themselves out of a problem.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What Daisy means is that the damage didn't total up until Rise press tour.

“January was not that nice,” Ridley said. “It was weird, I felt like all of this love that we’d sort of been shown the first time around, I was like, ‘Where’s the love gone?’”

The reason for this was TFA was well-received, so heading into TLJ you had a lot of love. It wasn't until the 3rd movie that the fandom menace was in full effect. Which is why Rise failed to outperform Joker at the box office.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
TFA production

- Harrison Ford disagreed with death scene in TFA, in terms of the specifics. He wanted Luke involved in some way, or at least as a witness to it and/or aware of it.

Rise of Skywalker production

- Ford felt that an on-screen reunion of the the 3 original trilogy actors would make sense.

- Ford shot a large amount of scenes for Rise of Skywalker.

- Specific scenes were shot with Luke, Han, Lando, and Leia together in Episode 9. A stand-in actress was used to play Leia.

- Ford is annoyed at the amount of rehearsal, practice and readings he had to do for these scenes. Several hours a day, for several weeks.

- Kathleen Kennedy deleted these scenes from Episode 9 entirely.

- Harrison Ford said to at least keep his work on the Blu-ray, which did not happen.

- Harrison Ford had only returned to work on Rise of Skywalker because he genuinely enjoyed the TFA production, working with JJ, and Adam Driver.

- Ford took pride in his work, despite no love of Star Wars.

- Rift with Kennedy is permanent

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
TFA production

- Harrison Ford disagreed with death scene in TFA, in terms of the specifics. He wanted Luke involved in some way, or at least as a witness to it and/or aware of it.

Rise of Skywalker production

- Ford felt that an on-screen reunion of the the 3 original trilogy actors would make sense.

- Ford shot a large amount of scenes for Rise of Skywalker.

- Specific scenes were shot with Luke, Han, Lando, and Leia together in Episode 9. A stand-in actress was used to play Leia.

- Ford is annoyed at the amount of rehearsal, practice and readings he had to do for these scenes. Several hours a day, for several weeks.

- Kathleen Kennedy deleted these scenes from Episode 9 entirely.

- Harrison Ford said to at least keep his work on the Blu-ray, which did not happen.

- Harrison Ford had only returned to work on Rise of Skywalker because he genuinely enjoyed the TFA production, working with JJ, and Adam Driver.

- Ford took pride in his work, despite no love of Star Wars.

- Rift with Kennedy is permanent
Where do you get this fan fic from?

• 1Garbage

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I generally dislike the diversity / sjw push going on. But Boyega was great in 7, really liked the Finn character. By 9 he was just standing in the scenes and not used. Didn't really care about Kelly Tran, she was just playing another side character and wasn't that good at it.

By 9 Kennedy seemed to have acknowledged the fan pushback but totally misheard what was being said and just turned Finn into a token. They tried to give Poe the spotlight and that actor sucks. Just another reason why 8 and 9 are garbage.

I come here to hopefully hear that Kennedy and Johnson have been fired from anything ever to do with Star Wars. One can dream.

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
I generally dislike the diversity / sjw push going on. But Boyega was great in 7, really liked the Finn character. By 9 he was just standing in the scenes and not used. Didn't really care about Kelly Tran, she was just playing another side character and wasn't that good at it.

By 9 Kennedy seemed to have acknowledged the fan pushback but totally misheard what was being said and just turned Finn into a token. They tried to give Poe the spotlight and that actor sucks. Just another reason why 8 and 9 are garbage.

I come here to hopefully hear that Kennedy and Johnson have been fired from anything ever to do with Star Wars. One can dream.

Time the fuck out. Are you saying Oscar Isaac is a bad actor?

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Time the fuck out. Are you saying Oscar Isaac is a bad actor?
he doesn't like his dancing
source.gif

but if he's basing it on this
tumblr_nz92bqDP4Q1r9pt1so9_500.gif

i can't refute he sucks

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

A major prequel-prequel trilogy that had dinosaurs in it, which its believed Rian was attached to, was cancelled. They're sort of just hanging around at this point.

Taika Waikiki and Rian Johnson were meeting together about the movie Taika is doing but I doubt it amounts to any real collaborative effort. Just Rian's people trying to keep him at Lucas Film. They also put out that he was working with D&D before Disney axed them.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Rian could have been a good director if they had let someone who actually knew something about Star Wars write the screenplay.

They should stop putting all of the power in the hands of a single person.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Guys I was rewatching Breaking Bad and one of the last episodes is called "Ozymandias" and I fucking swear Rian Jonhsons name popped up as director.

Do I have Last Jedi PTSD or did that actually happen :/

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Guys I was rewatching Breaking Bad and one of the last episodes is called "Ozymandias" and I fucking swear Rian Jonhsons name popped up as director.

Do I have Last Jedi PTSD or did that actually happen :/
Breaking Bad (TV Series) (3 episodes)
- Ozymandias (2013)
- Fifty-One (2012)
- Fly (2010)

He's not a bad director he just shouldn't be allowed to write Star Wars when I don't think he ever saw a Star Wars movie.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rian could have been a good director if they had let someone who actually knew something about Star Wars write the screenplay.

They should stop putting all of the power in the hands of a single person.

Especially given Rian Johnson has no writing credit of any significance.

Also the FIRST DRAFT of TLJ was used. That NEVER happens in Hollywood. Nobody gets their first draft approved as the final screenplay, but Rian did.

For example, TFA went through at least 3 known major studio ordered re-writes before production began.

There were a bunch of anomalies that enabled TLJs failures.

This is likely why Kiri Hart was removed from Story. Approval of a first draft with 0 changes by a junior writer is unforgivable. Disney caught wind of it and sacked her.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Breaking Bad (TV Series) (3 episodes)
- Ozymandias (2013)
- Fifty-One (2012)
- Fly (2010)

He's not a bad director he just shouldn't be allowed to write Star Wars when I don't think he ever saw a Star Wars movie.

Yeah. Looper was great. Don't know if I've seen anything else by him. Probably, don't usually check the credits for that kind of thing though.

• 1Like