Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
woooop.png

What I saw.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Buzz out today that Disney signed Donald Glover for a Lando series, with Billy Dee also rumored to be involved. Seems like a SW version of Young Indy series. I'm in, Solo is still in my upper half ranking wise. I'd love to see more of that type of thing.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Solo sucks but don't have a problem with Glover.

They should have used the movie to break outside of the typical Star Wars bullshit universe. Swing and a miss.

I think the series will finally do that.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Disagree with you but respect your opinion. Movie is fun across the board.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Solo sucks but don't have a problem with Glover.

They should have used the movie to break outside of the typical Star Wars bullshit universe. Swing and a miss.

I think the series will finally do that.

Is it OK to watch Solo as a guilty pleasure? I like L3, and Harrelson is perfect for me as Beckett, and I really don't mind the recast Han or Lando. The Empire feels a lot like Imperial Guard from WH40K, too. I sort of forgive it as a really good made-for-TV movie.

I totally agree that they should have broken more from the Star Wars universe. Probably should have kept it more on Corellia.

Sterling

El Presidente
The main problem with Solo is that it's probably a better movie if you just cut Han and Chewy out of the movie and just have it be a heist movie with Harrelson's crew. Also, you're cramming an entire multiyear backstory that's better off left mostly vague into 1 movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
SIlly aliens are pretty consistent with Star Wars movies, and yeah, Anakin's dialogue through all 3 movies is what really drags the whole trilogy down.
Don't get me wrong, the dialogue was definitely cringey as fuck, but Hayden drags down the entire fucking thing. If you give that same dialogue to someone who can act and it would improve a lot about the prequels. Especially since he's the Luke of the prequels, so the entire thing revolves around him. The dude is a fucking garbage-tier actor as is evidenced by his horrid performances in pretty much everything else he has done. Ever see Life as a House? He's a fucking awful actor. Look at Ian, Neeson and McGregor - all 3 had awful dialogue as well but they are solid actors, so it comes across 1000% better. Hell, even Lee turned in a solid performance for what he was given(again, he's a great actor).

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Don't get me wrong, the dialogue was definitely cringey as fuck, but Hayden drags down the entire fucking thing. If you give that same dialogue to someone who can act and it would improve a lot about the prequels. Especially since he's the Luke of the prequels, so the entire thing revolves around him. The dude is a fucking garbage-tier actor as is evidenced by his horrid performances in pretty much everything else he has done. Ever see Life as a House? He's a fucking awful actor. Look at Ian, Neeson and McGregor - all 3 had awful dialogue as well but they are solid actors, so it comes across 1000% better. Hell, even Lee turned in a solid performance for what he was given(again, he's a great actor).
He basically plays the same character in Life as a House - a whiney emo bitch. If you want to see some real acting chops, watch him butcher an Italian accent in Little Italy.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
- George Lucas issues apology for Rise of Skywalker through Bob Iger interview.

- Mandalorian season 2 will be far different than season 1.

- Iger said Lucas held creative differences with Kennedy against her and that's why he didn't attend.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I said it earlier in this thread, but if you just fast forward past any scene with Emilia Clarke Solo is way more enjoyable.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This recent Iger interview cements the fact there is indeed at least 1 additional cut of Rise, and that the Lucas cut does exist.

Rumors proven accurate yet again.

• 1Let's Go
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also have a Brie Larson update.

- She's going to Disney+ for the 2022 schedule.

- Like a Batwoman 2.0.

- Leslie Headlund (Kennedy's deputy) is working directly with Brie Larson.

- They want to give Brie a brand new timeline, far before Episode 1, or far after Episode 9.

- Brie Larson's character will be a "chosen one"

- Extremely strong character.

- Headlund is borrowing from Lucas original sequel trilogy script, and is going to use Lucas material for the building of her unvierse. (See: Whills).

- Her character will be the embodiment of the light side of the force, created by the Whills, god-like beings.

• 3Pathetic
  • 2Garbage
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He basically plays the same character in Life as a House - a whiney emo bitch. If you want to see some real acting chops, watch him butcher an Italian accent in Little Italy.

everyone that was talking made my skin crawl

this is literally worse than white ppl doing anime vo

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If Kennedy does get the boot I wonder how many projects will get axed right along with her.