Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
BUT THEYRE SITTING ON SO MUCH CASH DOOD

spronk spronk

1596060101747.png

If this goes the way we said, we're going to name and shame em.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tying your business to Chinese government interests, what could go wrong?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Sith Eternal and the whole Sith Fleet etc. are such a waste of an idea. The concept of the Empire continuing on as a cult of rabid loyalists is a good pivot after Return of the Jedi, but the First Order did that schtick already.

The bigger issue is that no one hears about the Sith until a couple days before their one-and-only battle where they lose everything. So they can't even really be used elsewhere in storytelling without breaking their own internal logic. They are the most powerful military force in the Galaxy yet saw less than a full day of combat and all got blown out of the sky by a bunch of pirates and ragtag doofuses.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
The Sith Eternal and the whole Sith Fleet etc. are such a waste of an idea. The concept of the Empire continuing on as a cult of rabid loyalists is a good pivot after Return of the Jedi, but the First Order did that schtick already.

The bigger issue is that no one hears about the Sith until a couple days before their one-and-only battle where they lose everything. So they can't even really be used elsewhere in storytelling without breaking their own internal logic. They are the most powerful military force in the Galaxy yet saw less than a full day of combat and all got blown out of the sky by a bunch of pirates and ragtag doofuses.

I started re-reading Zahn's Heir to the Empire series. It's not perfect, and would need some tidying up, but it makes so much more sense as a continuation of Star Wars. Thrawn just fits. And if you have to have a Mary Sue, Mara Jade is at least a bitter one.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I started re-reading Zahn's Heir to the Empire series. It's not perfect, and would need some tidying up, but it makes so much more sense as a continuation of Star Wars. Thrawn just fits. And if you have to have a Mary Sue, Mara Jade is at least a bitter one.

Kypp Duron or whatever is the Gohan of Star wars.

Best trilogy is the thrawn trilogy imo

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Episode I – The Rise of Skywalker
Episode II – Revenge of the Sith
Episode III – Attack of the Clones
Episode IV – Return of the Jedi
Episode V – The Force Awakens
Episode VI – The Last Jedi
Episode VII - The Empire Strikes Back
Episode VIII – A New Hope
Episode IX – The Phantom Menace

well i guess vaping has some merits

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Episode I – The Rise of Skywalker
Episode II – Revenge of the Sith
Episode III – Attack of the Clones
Episode IV – Return of the Jedi
Episode V – The Force Awakens
Episode VI – The Last Jedi
Episode VIII – A New Hope
Episode IX – The Phantom Menace

well i guess vaping has some merits
where ep vii? empire strikes back?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

- There is no "Lucas cut", Abrams worked as director on the first version of Rise and was ultimately responsible for all its direction and editing.

- Lucas was never brought in to cut a movie-- he assisted JJ on the production of Rise from the beginning, per his consulting contract with Disney. Lucas advised JJ heavily on the first version of Rise.

- Leakers refuse to say "Abrams cut" because they know he's not popular among fans who are against these movies.

- Its the "Abrams cut" but Abrams reps and even Abrams himself will never affirm that because they want maximum distance and its best attributed to George for the fans sake.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They're testing the viability of doing Mark Hamill appearances in future Star Wars series as Luke-- as a computer generated image.

Mark Hamill signed his likeness to Disney for this purpose it has been revealed.

1596864633142.png

This means the planned Mandalorian S3 appearance could be a Grand Moff Tarkin job.

They're exploring enhanced technologies and looking to improve on what is already available.

I.E. same tech used in Lion King, Jungle Book, Rogue One

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I take it with a grain of salt, because another Lucas Film source (WDW Pro is a Disney source, not a Lucas Film day-to-day development source) said they were exploring Mark Hamill de-aging for Mandalorian S3.

I think the WDW post is referring to Disney's overall desire to be able to produce "fake" live action movies.

I doubt if we see Luke reprised by Mark-- that he's going to be a CGI character. Very seriously doubt it. There might be projects that will use CGI Luke, but for his next appearance almost certainly not. Disney knows fans would snap, and they're only interested in building good-will at this point. Or are they?

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure this is played out in this thread that I don't read but I'm a huge star wars fan that has bought many books, movies and games over the years and didn't even bother watching episode 9 because I don't like fan fiction.

I'd love to see them return to canonical star wars and release a movie (or 3) about
1596887835325.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 5 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'd say Grand Admiral Thrawn would be better adapted into a TV series, he's an intricate character, a mix of Sherlock Holmes, an Imperial Admiral, but also willing to bend some rules to look out for his own people, I'd like to see series arcs about campaigns or random missions where he uses his unorthodox strategies to win unwinnable situations, the tension with Palpatine, the missions he sometimes did with Vader and the difference between the methods of these two.. But they need to do it right, and that'll take time. Mandalorian Season 1 can only buy back so much good faith, they need to pull a few more homeruns before people are willing to even give them the benefit of the doubt again.