Star Wars Squadrons

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wtf is the difference bettween combo power to shields and increase shield power?

What the even greater fuck is the difference between Combo select target ahead and select target ahead?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
One thing I don't care for in the Fleet battle is the ease with which the tide flips back and forth. If you are actually attacking the cap ships to progress to the next phase then you end up losing ground on the morale meter thing and end up having to retreat through the arbitrary mechanics. I found the best way to handle this was to use a T.I.E. Bomber but make sure to fire the multimissile at a swarm of grunt rebels (as opposed to the AI named pilots). By crushing a ton of those grunts it helped to delay the flip back to D while most of the players worked on the Cap ship.
I'm pretty sure this working exactly by design as a catchup mechanic. It's supposed to flip back and forth so one team doesn't just get railroaded off a bad start. The fleet battles seem like they're meant to take 20-30 minutes if both sides are actively participating in pushing the needle back and forth.

Obviously it's something that they could tweak the numbers on a bit, but it does seem to be mostly working the way they described it should.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the control mechanics are definitely the most complex part of the game, and certainly not their DOTA clone attempt for fleet battles. Are the controls actually explained somewhere?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Played the Prologue, on a widescreen, without any crashes, weird shit, or anything. Wtf you guys smoking? Game looked fine. It's fucking space, how black you want your pixels?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. This game didn't exceed my expectations in any way but it definitely meets my expectations, which were not super high.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was watching some streamers play it, how does it look worse than battlefront 2?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played the Prologue, on a widescreen, without any crashes, weird shit, or anything. Wtf you guys smoking? Game looked fine. It's fucking space, how black you want your pixels?
by widescreen you mean a normal display?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Have not played this just watched some streams and really the Battlefront 2 space shit looks better than this shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i got it earlier today basically on a whim... i REALLY wish it had 3rd person but whatever... anyway, the gameplay itself is decent. the single player story though is absolute clown world. i haven't seen a single white dude and the characters are so far up diversity's butt that it ended up in conformity colon. the "characters" are superficially different but are basically all the same personality. even the alien races basically act and talk the same way.

i mean, i think an interesting study could be done on how individual systems tend to generate it's own sense of style and communication, i.e. siblings will tell the same kinds of jokes, groups of friends tend to dress alike, etc. if a writer was trying to point out how the unit you identify with has a stronger pull than where and how you grew up, that would make sense... like if they were exploring the Bad Batch from the clone wars, or something...

but that's got NOTHING to do with why they are all the same. they are all the same because these people absolutely refuse to consider anything outside their echo chamber. the rebel pilots are part of ECHO WING for crying out loud...

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ultra wide. 3440x1440
So how did logging into your EA account work for you? Or are you playing offline? because I can confirm that there was a serious misalignment issue for the mouse on the login and I had to guess where to click to focus on the fields.