Star Wars Squadrons

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just watched the EA live and this is just battlefront 2 flying part of the game. I mean it even looks like they copied battlefront 2 levels. Crossplay even in VR.
Not really. It's first person, you use instruments, and the HUDs are exact 3d versions of the classic X-Wing and Tie-Fighter pc game HUDs.

Battlefront 2 starfighter assault. is more of a third-person arcadey thing.

This is also limited to 5v5 and appears to be role-based.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyway, this game looks like at least a B- effort at making a modern X-Wing Vs Tie-Fighter esport moba thing so I'll give them credit for trying something.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I mean there’s no assault gunboat either wtf... I really hope they bring some of the resource management aspects of tie fighter into the game (I.e boosting shields/engines with weapon power) and allow me to join a secret order or two...
1592540195173.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It looks like there's shield management from the instrument panels so there's hoping.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
All this has done for me so far is make me want to fire up X-Wing and TIE Fighter. Haven't played either in ages.

Need to find a decent joystick though.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
All this has done for me so far is make me want to fire up X-Wing and TIE Fighter. Haven't played either in ages.

Need to find a decent joystick though.

-

Really though if you just want a decent affordable stick, the 16000m from Thrustmaster is probably the best option

Khalan

Trakanon Raider

-

Really though if you just want a decent affordable stick, the 16000m from Thrustmaster is probably the best option

I might have to finally bite the bullet for VR/Joystick for this game. I really hope you can combo the two. THe current VR games just never enticed me but Space Sim in Full VR with Joystick/Throttle sounds badass.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
THe current VR games just never enticed me but Space Sim in Full VR with Joystick/Throttle sounds badass.

Elite Dangerous in VR with a hotas setup was an amazing experience. Flying around a station and using your head to track it outside the cockpit window, flipping the ship around and then jamming the throttle all the way forward to zoom through an opening in the structure... unf

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users