Star Wars Squadrons

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So anyone getting this for PS4? I have a controller for my PC too so not sure what to get it on. I’ll probably have it on ea play through gamepass soon enough for pc and Xbox anyway. Gaming weekend this weekend :)
It's all platform crossplay as far as I'm aware.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Can confirm. Crossplay across all platforms with VR on PC and PS4. Hopefully the PC cheating crowd don't ruining it like warzone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got it for PS4, but intend to mainly just play the single player. I remember enough what a grief fest XvT and XW Alliance were like to not want to touch the MP in this, especially since it looks like a microtransaction fest already. I wish I still had my flight stick, but I think I might just roll with my home stereo and VR headset for this one.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
especially since it looks like a microtransaction fest already.
Star Wars: Squadrons will have 'zero microtransactions' | PC Gamer (pcgamer.com)
EA reveals why Star Wars Squadrons is $40 without microtransactions | TweakTown
Star Wars: Squadrons doesn't have microtransactions, isn't a live-service game • Eurogamer.net

1601566948800.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think more likely the problem is that this game just probably isn't very good, or else EA would be hyping it more.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok I admit I am behind on news for it and the preorder "bonuses" made it look like a MT Fest at the time, but you are probably right. But for 40 bucks I will throw on my VR helmet and zap terrorists for Pappa Palpatine. But I think you are probably right Mist. Its likely going to suck, especially since the devs seem to be off on basics of SW nerd dome.

My biggest gripe (and its a picky nerdy one) is that they are using the U - Wing and that Tie Assault lander in the game, which are troop landers and primarily meant for atmospheric landings. I want a fucking B Wing and either the Defender or Starboat.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Without mtx I wonder if they have a more aggressive expansion schedule or something, adding story, ships, etc.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
They could be under hyping it thanks to the colossal fuck up from Battlefront 2. But it's a Star Wars game from EA, so I think the bar is pretty low to begin with.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I and others have been pestering them about the B-Wing / Tie-Defender and their consistent response was 'no microtransactions, no DLC, no expansion'.

In other news I scored a list-price order for a Tflight One HOTAS, but it won't be here for another week :(

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think more likely the problem is that this game just probably isn't very good, or else EA would be hyping it more.
I read a "it's pretty good, campaign is fun and multiplayer should last a few days after that as well" review today. Which is perfectly fine for a €40 game.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
who knows it could be a pleasant surprise.

The game doesn't let you join multi-player until you complete a tutorial with all ship types I believe. So it should be fun at first while people are still learning.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I read a "it's pretty good, campaign is fun and multiplayer should last a few days after that as well" review today. Which is perfectly fine for a €40 game.

You could just do the 1 month for 10 bucks. What i plan on doing.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I haven't supported anything Star Wars in quite a while but I am thinking of taking a look at this. Can you download early on Steam?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I haven't supported anything Star Wars in quite a while but I am thinking of taking a look at this. Can you download early on Steam?
On Steam it looks like it's coming out at 8pm EDT and you can already download it.