Star Wars Squadrons

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am going to grab it for PS4 for PSVR so I can check that out. But I bet this is free on EA play in a month when it comes to Gamepass since that will be included.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
No reason to make it free, everyone will have a 10 hour trial on Game Pass.

Game is pretty, just finished the prologue on PC. Have seen a number of complaints that the PSVR just isn't high enough resolution, everything at distance is too blurry. Will try it on the Vive and see if my old HOTAS works.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Glad I picked up a Thrustmaster 16000m a few months back. Eagerly awaiting what you guys think. I'm mainly interested in the single player campaign, but I'm sure I'll give multiplayer a shot if I pick this up. I expect to be awful at it though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hola from South Korea. Xbox controller doesn't seem too bad so far.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I'm not gonna VPN but its annoying they got their release times screwed up. LoL, imagine not knowing when your own game releases.

EA Community manager is on Steam saying the fault lay with Steam changing it at the last minute...yet I guess Steam caused Origin and EPIC to release late too? Typical EA BS.

Hopefully, the XBox controller works well for me, I'm reading a lot of horror stories about the mouse controls right now.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm not gonna VPN but its annoying they got their release times screwed up. LoL, imagine not knowing when your own game releases.

EA Community manager is on Steam saying the fault lay with Steam changing it at the last minute...yet I guess Steam caused Origin and EPIC to release late too? Typical EA BS.

Hopefully, the XBox controller works well for me, I'm reading a lot of horror stories about the mouse controls right now.
Briefly VPNing with softEther was really easy and totally worth doing.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've never done it before and wouldn't know where to start. I'll just work on my homework in the meantime I guess.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Yeah, that is BS.

EA has total control on when it releases on Steam. Valve doesn't give a fuck.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What a pile of garbage. My experience just starting the game was not good and, being that i already hate EA had no problem refunding it. Here's what I ran into:

Still requires you to login to origin for online play BUT, hates ultrawide so I couldn't actually click in any of the boxes/buttons. Had to tab around until I hit the right boxes. VR mode doesnt let you use your headsets controllers (Occulus in my case) and also required you to use the keyboard at the start..in VR mode. Uses Easy Anti Cheat that still, after YEARS, still thinks the ASUS ROG service that controls lighting is cheat software. Maybe i'll take a look in a month or two when its $5 or it shows up on IPT for free. For now, fuck EA.

Also its insulting they have this listed as an OCT 1st release date considering how late it launched.

Last edited:

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Woke up to shit Steam ratings. Figures that my first pre-order would be a turd. I guess it can't hurt to give it an hour and see for myself.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Woke up to shit Steam ratings. Figures that my first pre-order would be a turd. I guess it can't hurt to give it an hour and see for myself.

It's pretty shit.

Bad graphics? Yep.
Bland solo play? Yep.
Laughable ship dynamics in pvp? Yep. Alliance mopped the floor with us every match because something something shields something and the fact that the throttle makes an X-Wing as agile as a Tie Fighter.
It has a really bad UI.
Crashes? CTD trying to PVP as alliance boots me to desktop 100% of the time. I get that there are day 1 bugs...but c'mon. This one is obvious and shouldn't have ever hit live servers.
Why the fuck do I have ZERO situational awareness in a Tie Fighter?
Maps are garbage.
No balance at all between Empire and Alliance. Tie Fighter missiles are trash on top of not knowing WTF is going on. Alliance missiles are an instant teleport to win because they have vastly better lock dynamics and actually do damage.

I give this game a 1 out of 100.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I lasted under a half hour before uninstalling it. I guess someone might enjoy this but it's not for me.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Oh no, another SW product that is complete dogshit?

Anyway.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You guys refunding and not buying this game are racists and bigots.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
And refunded after 36 minutes. Not the fastest I have ever done but still an easy decision.