Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You mean crosshair? His chip needs dealing with right now.

spronk

FPS noob
crosshair is already working for the Empire so his chip is working perfectly, but Wrecker keeps talking about his head hurting and shit which seems like heavy foreshadowing for his chip to suddenly activate and work. Him going head to head against a Rancor in a punching match isn't gonna help.

and yeah Rex should be like what around 40 years old now so him and his team should be findable, they are all in season 4 of Rebels which is ~10 years after Bad Batch?

Fadaar

That guy
Eh redemption for Crosshair will come later. I was talking more immediate. Also Rex should be the same age as the Bad Batch clones. Far as I know their accelerated aging is no different than his. He shouldn't really look any different than he did at the end of season 7 of TCW, keep in mind this is only a few weeks? months? after that.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Excellent episode. I love how well they have built the relationship with Omega and the Batch so well already. This episode really capitalized on everything they have established so far, and then added in the huge Clone Wars tie ins with
Captain Rex and him relaying story beats from the Clone Wars finale

spronk

FPS noob
eh, i thought it was maybe a bit too predictable but I really liked the animation style and art direction. I just wish we saw more of what was going on in the galaxy during this critical time while the Empire consolidates power, instead we get virtually no peek into how Palps and Vader are running shit, killing Jedi, and terrorizing plebs.

The planet they are on, Bracca, is where Cal from Jedi Fallen Order spends his time right after order 66. I think the beginning of the game has you run around in a crazy ship dismantling place, be interesting to see if he shows up.

Also at Galaxy's Edge parks in Disneyland/world you can buy that popcorn lol

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This felt like a "well it has to happen at some point, let's get it out of the way now" episode. We all knew the chips would be taken out but this way of doing it didn't have much climax. Hell, the "stay above the waterline" was immediately used for the next area and then forgotten rather than being involved in the tension part of the last act.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Nice touch having Bracca show up. I do enjoy that this really is a continuation of Clone Wars in many ways but also a means to bridge episode 3 and 4 more solidly than we have seen to date.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Bracca is the planet they were on.

Cad Bane

is who showed up.

The lack of nerdism is disturbing.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Was not expecting that appearance, that was a tense episode. Loved the first person view through Hunter's helmet at the end, they have done some incredible things with the animation in almost every episode so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This episode was definitely a step up in action, plot, and tension.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Wildcard of this ep is the Ion engine wrecking Crosshair. I do wonder where that is going. Pretty sure we are going to get the
Bane v Fett showdown
out of this. This series could continue to deliver more than we expected.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Crosshair has rapidly made the jump from gruff anti-hero to full on scenery-chewing villain. I am curious to see what the Kaminoans endgame is.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Crosshair has rapidly made the jump from gruff anti-hero to full on scenery-chewing villain. I am curious to see what the Kaminoans endgame is.
Crosshair is such a lame duck character. His name is dumb and doesnt fit in with any Star Wars narrative and hes such a cliche villain.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Totally awesome episode. Opened up a whole bunch of potential with what Omega actually is and the way they are tying all of the established eras together is pretty incredible. I did not expect this much from this series.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Kaminoan mystery deepens. This is the first time we've heard of them having a planet other than Kamino and the look of the place made it seem like it was abandoned in a rush, but not damaged.

I'm wondering if the Kaminoans aren't themselves a dying race similar to the Asgard from Stargate where a clone race over cloned and can no longer make stable new clones.

• 1Like