Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bounty hunter episodes are the better end of what Clone Wars does, probably cause it doesn't try to spell out how the underworld works and simply lets the characters do their jobs for a couple of episodes.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Today's episode was a nice way to show us what is going on in the rest of the galaxy. Also never noticed before that the two doofuses in Cid's bar are two of the Critical Role dudes..or that Cid herself is Rhea Perlman (though I should have realized that ages ago...).

Its also clear that Omega is not just a gen-one clone with pure Fett DNA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah this weeks was awesome, just what I wanted to see whats going on with the rest of the Empire. Only minor niggle is why the Bad Batch won't ever just disguise themselves as regular clones, would seem a lot easier to infiltrate and exfiltrate.

Heres something to blow your mind, the VA for Senator Avi Singh was Alexander Siddiq, aka Dr Bashir

JulianBashir.jpg

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Not surprised they're throwing in the humanizing angle for Separatists. They eventually become the anti-Republic/Empire Rebellion so had to happen at some point. Have a feeling the final few eps of this season are gonna really really hurt.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
And in the first 5 minutes, they've tied Clone Wars, Rebels, and Bad Batch together in a huge way. Fucking awesome. I expected the one cameo, but not the other.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
That was awesome. So many details, like the crashed Y-wing in front of the house that Chopper had been the astromech for. I would have been fine with the Bad Batch not even showing up for that one scene.

About time Orn Free Taa got what he deserved.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Cham was also stunning the clones not killing them. Good troopers, but the people in charge are rotten the whole way down.

spronk

FPS noob
Did Senator Taa die? The Imperial general said attempted assassination but it looked like a headshot

and yeah crazy good episode, good to hear it stands alone but if you watched Rebels its so rich and lore heavy. Thats quite a weight on Hera, her dumb mistake got her mom and dad super fucked.

I have to imagine Hera shows up in the next live action shows, probably Ahsoka but maybe a whole lot more. She was in the recent Squadrons game as a general in the rebel alliance.

Fadaar

That guy
Did Senator Taa die? The Imperial general said attempted assassination but it looked like a headshot

and yeah crazy good episode, good to hear it stands alone but if you watched Rebels its so rich and lore heavy. Thats quite a weight on Hera, her dumb mistake got her mom and dad super fucked.

I have to imagine Hera shows up in the next live action shows, probably Ahsoka but maybe a whole lot more. She was in the recent Squadrons game as a general in the rebel alliance.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Hera didn't show up in Ahsoka

Malakriss

No, he was still twitching as Crosshair only hit a lekku and not the forehead. He's apparently alive further in the timeline for some novel so they couldn't just off him.

Malakriss

Chopper's kill count was a single droid, the only disappointing part of the episode.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, we are totally back on track across the board. That was excellent.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I guess we answered the question of when did clone troopers get replaced by regular troopers, turns out it was pretty damn fast.

Good episodes, the animation is amazing and its crazy to see the difference in quality between clone wars and this. Detail is nuts. I'm a little annoyed that at no point does Hunter think of stealing regular clone trooper armor to fit in. The kid is still pretty annoying but at least she's not in the episodes too much. That high pitch new zealand accent is nails on chalkboard for me.

There are only two more episodes (16 total) for this season, this week and next week. We'll have What-If running wednesdays on D+ for 3 months, then another month break and then Book of Boba Fett and Hawkeye running weekly starting in Dec.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
the animation is amazing and its crazy to see the difference in quality between clone wars and this. Detail is nuts.
The texturing is wonderful, the main troopers faces and armour looks like it was painted on by a paint brush.