Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Lot of seasons of Clone Wars. Do they all need to be watched?
There is lots more good than bad. Google "chronological order clone wars" and watch it in that order. If an arc doesn't grab you in the first 15 minutes of the first ep its probably skipable (although I think there are maybe 3 arcs max that don't matter in the long run). Once you get to season 4-7 almost none of it is skippable and some of it is, IMO, the best Star Wars there has ever been.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Just skip every droid focussed episode/arc. Almost everything else is solid to amazing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wanted to like this more than I did. I never could get into the other animated shows, so I had no expectations of EU knowledge. But the voice acting was pretty terrible and some of the characters were super cringy and didnt feel like I was in the Star Wars world. Show would probably be a lot better without Crosshair in it.

spronk

FPS noob
I liked it, the Clone Wars war announcer VO at the start was a great way to begin the series, even though I only watched Clone Wars a few months ago. Must have been amazing for anyone who watched it while it aired, since its been 8 (!!) years since Clone Wars ended.

Obviously the Omega character is super wonky, but its a stand in for kids watching the show to identify with someone so makes sense. I'm guessing she has midichlorians or some shit, Jango Fett's dream and nightmare of a jedi daughter lol.

The only bad plot point I thought was Admiral Tarkin being in the episode, it makes zero sense that a dude like that would jet off to the clone production facility on day 0 of The Empire. All the admirals will be fighting to make themselves the Emperors right hand man, hunting down jedi and remnant seperatists. Him focusing on 5 clones was really silly, it shoulda been a lower ranked imperial.

I really like the time period, day 1 of the new Empire and it shows the kind of flex Filoni has now if he is being given the story reigns of such a critical time period. I hope we get some Vader hunting Jedi.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I liked it, the Clone Wars war announcer VO at the start was a great way to begin the series, even though I only watched Clone Wars a few months ago. Must have been amazing for anyone who watched it while it aired, since its been 8 (!!) years since Clone Wars ended.

Obviously the Omega character is super wonky, but its a stand in for kids watching the show to identify with someone so makes sense. I'm guessing she has midichlorians or some shit, Jango Fett's dream and nightmare of a jedi daughter lol.

The only bad plot point I thought was Admiral Tarkin being in the episode, it makes zero sense that a dude like that would jet off to the clone production facility on day 0 of The Empire. All the admirals will be fighting to make themselves the Emperors right hand man, hunting down jedi and remnant seperatists. Him focusing on 5 clones was really silly, it shoulda been a lower ranked imperial.

I really like the time period, day 1 of the new Empire and it shows the kind of flex Filoni has now if he is being given the story reigns of such a critical time period. I hope we get some Vader hunting Jedi.
Tarkin is already near/at the top of the command chain when this happens. He is also not just judging those 5 clones but the whole of the clone army remnants. This is the turn where the Empire doesn't need the clones anymore and pivots to cheaper forced conscription and brainwashing.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The padawan was Kanan Jarrus. Most of you probably recognized his voice or something, but I had to watch the credits to verify Caleb's last name was Dume. For some reason I thought he was in the temple when order 66 was executed. So is he going to be part of this?

I saw fennec shand was supposed to be in this, I don't remember seeing her.

Pretty good show overall. Looks like the girl has an enhanced mary sue gene.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
The padawan was Kanan Jarrus. Most of you probably recognized his voice or something, but I had to watch the credits to verify Caleb's last name was Dume. For some reason I thought he was in the temple when order 66 was executed. So is he going to be part of this?

I saw fennec shand was supposed to be in this, I don't remember seeing her.

Pretty good show overall. Looks like the girl has an enhanced mary sue gene.
They made a few changes to the comic version of what happened to Caleb and Depa, but they were always in the field when 66 happened. I doubt we will see him again, it was just a fantastic way to show another Order 66 event that involved someone we already knew. He goes way underground and off the radar for years after it happened. Fennec hasn't showed up yet, we've still got 15 episodes to go this season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well episode 2 is essentially standalone adventure. Has some character stuff for Omega but we aren't any closer to figuring out her deal.

Did Cut not have an inhibitor chip? I don't recall enough from 'The Deserter' but at that point I don't think the existence of the chip had been developed story-wise.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Did Cut not have an inhibitor chip? I don't recall enough from 'The Deserter' but at that point I don't think the existence of the chip had been developed story-wise.

He did. But it could have been damaged when he was shot down. It could be that those chips have to be refreshed occasionally similar to what they did to crosshair. Though what they did the crosshair was obviously an experimental thing unless they were purposely letting the squad run around uninhibited during the war.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much just a character building episode but dammit, I love Omega already. Really enjoying the subtle changes to the Clone Troopers to merge them more into Stormtroopers. Not only the reduction of personalization to armor and callsigns almost completely, but their voices through the helmets are different. Really liking that there are a lot of places they can go with this show and I have no idea which direction they will chose. Potential Maul/Rex/Vader/Inquisitor appearances seem likely. Don't think we will get much Ahsoka in this time period, I think shes pretty underground now (although I've read the Ahsoka novel I can't remember if it would be overlapping with this, I think its a few years down the road).

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
He did. But it could have been damaged when he was shot down. It could be that those chips have to be refreshed occasionally similar to what they did to crosshair. Though what they did the crosshair was obviously an experimental thing unless they were purposely letting the squad run around uninhibited during the war.
Not sure about Crosshair's chip. The aurebesh on the screen when they were scanning him in ep1 read "anomaly" so its possible none of the Bad Batch's chips were working the way they were supposed to, just that Crosshair's was the one that was working at all, even if barely.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Oh lord...

So they update the lighting rig for their animation pipeline and everyone concludes that they are whitewashing the clones + Kanan. Its like the whole Overwatch 2 McCree thing all over again.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Omega seems like a setup for future Rex related clone issues. Exactly how old is she and how fast her aging process is will come up and how they solve her problems will likely be an easter egg for Rex later on.

Cybsled

She could potentially be like Boba Fett as well - a clone without enhanced growth factors

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Nice Rogue One tie-in with War Mantel. Seems like
first generation Death Troopers being led by Crosshair.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
If Crosshair isn't with them.. why is there no place for Omega to sleep?

I didn't hear them say it, but I assumed it's because they weren't giving up Crosshair's berth. Also, it could be that they all share a room.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The running theme is going to be how many headblows Wrecker gets all season.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was probably my favorite episode so far. Omega's voice is just so annoying and cringy though.