Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Note that Anakin's hair is much longer and his eyes are starting to look very Sith-y. Nice touches showcasing that this is right before Revenge of the Sith

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
do you guys remember when the clone wars came out? that really stupid season premiere of anikin and his SUPER COOL apprentice ahsoka trying to find copote the hutt's nephew? how terrible that was and how annoying ahsoka was. now look at her.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
do you guys remember when the clone wars came out? that really stupid season premiere of anikin and his SUPER COOL apprentice ahsoka trying to find copote the hutt's nephew? how terrible that was and how annoying ahsoka was. now look at her.
Wasn't that the lead-in film that opened in theaters? Although I will agree they started out with teenage high schooler Ahsoka but then she grew into a better character when she entered her "college years."

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wasn't that the lead-in film that opened in theaters? Although I will agree they started out with teenage high schooler Ahsoka but then she grew into a better character when she entered her "college years."

yes it was, but it also ended up being the first 3 episodes of season one (unless i'm COMPLETELY misremembering). season one was just altogether terrible. it was clearly trying to cater to a MUCH younger audience. then by season 2, i think they were like, pff. screw that noise.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
When I finally went back to watch it on netflix, the movie was separate (or were there 2?) and then the seasons started. It kind of confused me because I never realized they had done a movie.

Malakriss

Star Wars Rebels Creator Dave Filoni Reveals How Season 4 Almost Ended and His Clone Wars Revival Plans - IGN
So with Clone Wars, are you starting at square one with this new season that was just announced, rather than use the existing material that was already laid out from its previous development? Or is it a mixture of both?

Without getting too much into detail - because I love the fan speculation - but it would be a real shame to have done all this work and not use it. So we are looking at everything and going over all those scripts we had. I think that the biggest thing for me is "how do we make this show better?" And I think that means examining all the work we had done, the work we were planning on doing, and also trying to honor the work of so many people that were in the middle of making stuff.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They best announce the new animated series soon... After Resistance got euthanized the dance card is looking sparse

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Trailer is real good. They can do this and Mandalorian and yet the movies are just so bad. It's unreal.

Yeah, it shows what happens when the higher ups have better understanding of the product and the audience it's aimed at.

I mean they can create an awesome character like Ahsoka Tano in Clone Wars, and then go on and give us Rey in the movies. Granted, it took a while and some development for Ahsoka to become a fan favorite, but the point remains.

At no point did Ahsoka require for the males around her to be idiots for her to come into her power become an iconic character.

I'm hugely biased by the way as Ahsoka might very well be my favorite Star Wars character. I also have a soft spot for Asajj Ventress from Clone Wars too. :)

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

The best thing to come out of the prequels: a cartoon! Surprised they didn't plaster Filoni's name 20 times on the trailer.

Season 7 takes place in 19 BBY - Ahsoka is 17 years old and Caleb/Kanan (Rebels) is only 14 to give you a sense of timeline. You can see him and his master during the hologram scene.

According to Kessel Run Transmissions, and it’s something I’ve heard as well, a follow-up animated series to Star Wars Rebels featuring Ahsoka and Sabine is slated for release sometime this year. They mention that Filoni is involved, which I’ve heard as well, but I heard that he may not be directly overseeing it like he did with the original Rebels.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The fact that Dee Bradley Baker is able to make all the clones sound distinctly different is still amazing to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Its gonna be both good and bad that they are releasing these one-a-week
Yeah I could totally binge this. The weekly is gonna suck.

That being said I like the "Bad Batch", but did they just seem like they took the 4 Borderlands archetypes and made them into clones?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Enjoyed the first episode, looking forward to the rest. Clone Wars was awesome, it’s nice to see that they seem to be able to get the tone back after so many years.