Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I'm not super savvy with Star Wars lore - are all the storm troopers supposed to be clones of Jango Fett in the original trilogy? I obviously know the republic armies in Ep. 2 and 3 were clones, but I wasn't sure if the Empire's storm troopers were also clones. If so, I could see why people would be upset since, you know, Jango Fett was played by a New Zealand guy.
By the time of the original movies it was supposed to have moved from clones to mostly not clones. The cloning facilities get attacked and destroyed at some point between the movies and the empire starts recruiting normal people. Lucas just decided to focus his movies on the parts of the story that don't matter at all.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I think the lore is, Lucas wrote a scene in Star Wars where Luke uses the throw away term 'Clone Wars' becsuse it sounded cool. Lucas then decides to make three more movies about young Anakin and incorporates said term to make the movies 'flow like poetry' (paraphrased).

Stormtroopers where never meant to be clones. They are recruited into the Imperial Academy (where Luke wanted to go at the start of A New Hope) which leads to another issue, Luke says something along the lines of 'it's not that I like the Empire, I hate it, but it's all so far away.' If you hate the Empire then why are you in such a rush to join?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Didn't the clones also have shortened life-spans because of their accelerated aging?

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think the lore is, Lucas wrote a scene in Star Wars where Luke uses the throw away term 'Clone Wars' becsuse it sounded cool. Lucas then decides to make three more movies about young Anakin and incorporates said term to make the movies 'flow like poetry' (paraphrased).

Stormtroopers where never meant to be clones. They are recruited into the Imperial Academy (where Luke wanted to go at the start of A New Hope) which leads to another issue, Luke says something along the lines of 'it's not that I like the Empire, I hate it, but it's all so far away.' If you hate the Empire then why are you in such a rush to join?
Because it is a guaranteed way to get out of a fucking moisture farm on Tatooine?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't the clones also have shortened life-spans because of their accelerated aging?
Either way, the original trilogy takes place about 20 years after the prequels. Considering the massive amount of casualties plus the time gap, shortened life-spans or not, their ranks would be mostly new recruits by A New Hope.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
rrr_img_113715.jpg

Maul

Dental Dammer
I don't know about you guys but when that black kid took off the white stormtroopers helm it completely ruined my childhood memories.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I don't know about you guys but when that black kid took off the white stormtroopers helm it completely ruined my childhood memories.
Meh, I'd be lying if it doesn't bother me a bit. I'm not sure why exactly it bothers me, but it does. Whether it's latent racism or the fact that it doesn't reflect my nostalgic views of Star Wars, I'm not sure-- but I would have even preferred a hot female jedi protagonist over this guy. I don't know whether it's the fact that he's black, or a relatively nobody actor, or just that he's just kinda ugly-- but he's not what I envisioned the Light Side jedi protagonist to be.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but one of the new episodes of star wars rebels has some old clones and might give some insight into their fate. They look pretty old.

Royal

Well when I was a kid, it never occurred to me what the stormtroopers might look like underneath their helmets at all. I guess I assumed they would like any other large collection of soldiers; i.e. varied.

Royal

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but one of the new episodes of star wars rebels has some old clones and might give some insight into their fate. They look pretty old.
I just watched the first episode of the new season earlier today. They look to be in their late 50's to early 60's ... in our years.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Black male lead and female lead aren't a SJW pleaser. It's a cash grab. Now almost everyone can dress up as a "lead" Star Wars character and spend $$$ getting their costume. Brilliant play.

(Asians and other ethnicities are going to have to wait for Rogue One. Sorry.)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
OMG why isn't that lightsaber cutting her in half??

On a more serious note, seeing some of you guys get tickets this late made me go check again. Seems that either the IMAX here in Sacramento has had people refund some tickets, or the earlier crashes were fucking up the site something awful. There is still not much in the way of seats left unless you want to sit in the front row way off to the side, but I did manage to get one for Friday night at midnight that was a solo seat right in the fucking middle, almost perfect. Yeah, I'll be going alone, and maybe sitting in between smelly fat nerds, but it is a perfect IMAX reserved seat. I've still got my Thursday night general admission one with friends, but I'm sure I'll end up sitting by myself there too, so fuck it, I'll go to downtown Sac and get drunk in the theater and see it again the way it is supposed to be seen.

Anyway, since I wasn't sure if some of you guys were in Sac also, I figured I'd mention that it looks like a few seats have opened up. If you want to go at like 2am Thursday night there are a decent number of seats available, for example.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well when I was a kid, it never occurred to me what the stormtroopers might look like underneath their helmets at all. I guess I assumed they would like any other large collection of soldiers; i.e. varied.
Seriously, how would you even know every stormtrooper was even human? Some of the could have been aliens. Or black aliens. Or hot young black female bisexual aliens with force sensitivity. (They should make a movie about that squadron.)

I don't even give a fuck about the clone shit. As far as I'm concerned the prequels aren't fucking canon, even if they officially are.