Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Column_sl

shitlord
Got my tickets awhile ago. Walked out with 12 of them for friends, and family including two showings for myself. Didn't wait in line.

FYI

AMC theaters were the first to start selling tickets this past Friday.

Still need to pick up IMAX showing tonight tho.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Apparently it's not another Death Star, it's a superweapon built inside a hollowed-out ice planet, where "Starkiller Base" is located in the movie. If rumors are to be believed, the superweapon destroys, you guessed it, stars. Also it looks like it has a force field around it to protect it, and hopefully this time the First Order did not install the shield generator on a planet full of murderous teddy bears.
I'm not sure why the thought never occurred to me until now but seeing the new poster with the "New Death Star" in the background, if its a hollowed out ice planet, could this then be a shot of the surface of the new death star?

star-wars-the-force-awakens-first-order-teaser-asset-lucasfilm.jpg

Up until now I had just assumed this was just some far away First Order outpost.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
So Germany was defeated, but instead of the third reich being overturned they picked up and moved to a secret fortified iceberg under their control. I could totally write that book as alt history fiction and rip off episode 7.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, every showing from Thursday through Sunday, except perhaps for the 5:30 am Friday morning one, is already sold out at the IMAX here in Sacramento. Fuck!

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, the page wouldn't load for me and the marathon was sold out by the time it did. Working on tickets for the new one.

spronk

FPS noob
tickets bought at the reserved seating theater near me, 7pm showing near perfect seats. I can walk in 5 minutes before the movie and enjoy, no filthy lines or anything like peasants. The theater also sells beer and wine. literally 5 minutes after I bought the tickets every showing was pretty much fully booked for the entire weekend, this movie is going to be INSANE in box office numbers.

i opted for regular ATMOS DFX and skipped the 3D, probably will go the following week to see it in 3D and compare the two.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
jesus christ the internet exploded on the imax theater. Guess im gonna have to see it like a hobo at a normal theater.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think all previous box office records are going to go down in flames with this one. JJ going to deliver a lens flare masterpiece.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Got tickets after trying for 30 minutes through Fandango, but I had driven to the theater to get them because nothing was loading. While waiting in line (they can't sell them until the trailer is over) I finally got Fandango mobile to load (not the app). Woo!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yea, the page wouldn't load for me and the marathon was sold out by the time it did. Working on tickets for the new one.
Are you in Sacramento? Or were you just talking about IMAX in general?

EDIT: Holy shit, I was literally just selecting my seat for the Monday 5:55 showing, with only about 10 seats already sold, when it timed out on me. When I got back in, it was totally sold out. The numbers on this are going to be huge that first couple weeks, at least.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I was sure my order was going to time out earlier but finally went through. I feel bad for anyone that is going online after the trailer hits because there won't be anything left before Xmas

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Used Movietickets.com while Fandango was down a few hours ago. Got 7pm tickets (8) for Friday, and Sunday morning tickets(4). I had my choice of recliners at the Regal, the enter reserved seating was entirely open.

It pays to use alternate sites.

Arakkis

N00b
You know what? I'm not going to see this the first day. Hell, I might not even see it the first week.

I'm going to wait for people to see it and reviews to come in. If it is a shitfest, I might never see it.

I was facefucked three times by Jarjar. That's right, I went and saw Episode I three times opening week in an effort to convince myself it was a good movie. I'm jaded and I'm not going to fall for the hype again.

Column_sl

shitlord
Just an FYI this releases a few days earlier in some places of Europe. Might want to stay off any geeky sites for a few days because I'm sure it will be smoiler city.