Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Outside of some pacing issues+copypasta, my biggest complaint about the movie was Finn. I kinda wonder if you could cut Finn out of the movie entirely and insert Poe into his roll. How different would the movie have been if Poe hadn't been caught at the beginning of the movie, and instead of Finn getting him off the ship, Poe escapes into the desert and eventually runs into Rey on his own? Seems as simple as torturing Max Von Sydow's character for the information instead of Poe.

Throughout the movie, everything about Finn didn't make a lot of sense to me. Why was someone who had been a Stormtrooper all his life start cracking wise the second he talked to someone who wasn't an Imperial? Essentially none of his entire life of being a Storm Trooper shines through in any of his actions the entire movie. I also thought there were some clear over acting moments. He had known Rey for about 45 minutes and he's suddenly REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYing at the ship as Ren flies away with her? C'mon.

My 2c
I think they couldn't put poe there because it would hvw taken away from the whole Rey can fly the falcon so well. I agree on Finn's personality though if he spent his whole life being conditioned as a storm trooper I doubt he would have picked up those speech patterns or personality traits, unless you believe he is one of lando's spent love children a d then the lando shows through. Seemed off but didn't mind it

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man Who Spoiled New Star Wars Movie Beaten In Theater | God
BAKERSFIELD, CA - A 20-year-old man named Raymond Chatfield walked out of a premiere of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' on Thursday night and shouted out a major spoiler, which was heard by almost a hundred people waiting on line in the lobby.

"I was waiting on line to see the 10pm showing," said witness Robert Selvidge. "Then this snot-nose kid walks past the line, shouts out the ending and starts laughing. He totally ruined the movie for everyone...what a jerk!"

Chatfield was immediately assaulted by a Wookie, a Stormtrooper and Boba Fett.

"I saw it all. This guy shouts out the spoiler right? Within 15 seconds he was on the ground getting his ass stomped," said another witness, who asked to remain anonymous. "At first the crowd was cheering them on, and I think that made it worse. They beat him up for a solid 5 minutes, kicking him in the balls, punching him in the gut, bitch-slapping him...eventually people got quiet. Even I was like, okay...enough yo."

The Wookie, the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett were not only not arrested by police, they were even allowed to watch the movie as planned.

"We view this as justifiable assault," said police chief Greg Richardson. "May the Force be with you."

The spoiler Raymond Chatfield is currently listed in critical condition in the intensive care unit at Mercy Hospital.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Definitely agree with the ass kicking not so much the critical condition. Roll the stupid dice and sometimes it comes up snake eyes.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
not real. i know this because the kind of people that would line up to see the movie on day one don't have it in them to do violence except when sitting behind a computer screen.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that spoilers are off, a better break down of my review.

Acting: 9.5 - This by far was the largest gap of difference between the prequels and this movie in critique. It literally is the other side of the pendulum. I would go as far as to say that the acting was even better than the originals. Even Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher did a better job than the originals. The only weak point were some parts with the Han Solo's son. There were parts where he excelled and some that felt flat.

Effects: 10.0 - How can you improve on perfection? The world felt alive and was wonderful to witness. Using old school techniques in combination with new school was brilliant and it showed. Yes he had a glare moment but at least it was fitting. This could be the one academy nomination this movie gets.

Story: 7.0 - This is the part that felt rushed. As others have said, this story would have been wonderful over 8 hours of telling it. I wanted to know more about Rei's struggles. I wanted to better understand the struggle that drove the son towards the evil side. I even felt that the best rebel pilot had a great story. So many paths. The extended version could very well change this rating as that could prove to seam up the pace of the movie. I will also say that knowing more of the story as we will with the next two might also help. This might be one of those cases where you can only critique the story when all of it has been told.

Music: 7.0 - The music makes the movie. Now the music was good but it was literally a replay of music we have heard many many times. That is fine but in this case it felt as though they were forcing the scene to fit the music. I love the old sound track but I was hoping that perhaps some new material would have come about. Maybe that will happen with the next 2 movies.

Characters: 7.5 - The Cylon/Silver Storm Trooper felt wasted to me. It would have taken nothing out of the enjoyment of the movie if she had not been in it. Golem was a surprise but that character also felt a bit weak. Until he disappeared as a hologram, I actually thought he might have been a giant race like creature. That would have been awesome as an evil supreme ruler. In short, Evil did not feel as evil as I hoped it would be. On the bright side, there was no Jar Jar Binks nor a village of cute teddy bears to ruin the movie.

This was a movie well worth watching.

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Just got back. I enjoyed the movie, I got sappy just seeing the text scrolling at the beginning. Rei gave off a very Kiera Knightly in the PotC vibe, but Rei was more likable for me. Maybe it was just the accent, I don't know still trying to put my finger on it. I couldn't tell that was Po/Poe in the X-Wing with his helmet on, completely unrecognizable, then when they showed him outside of his fighter, I was surprised. Then during the battle again, had trouble recognizing him. As far as the lightsaber battle goes, I think it showed how untrained Kylo is but how well Rei survived on her own on Jakku since she used her bo staff as defense, she does have some know how. Their battle was more believable than Obi and Anakin's choreographed flipping and spinning nonsense, but those two were on another level of Jedi mastery. One thing that bothered me is how the fuck do you have such a large battle station and for the third time in a row fuck it up. This station was considerably larger than the Death Star and had about as much defense as Death Star 1. No Star Destroyer's, no cruisers, just Tie fighers. And another thing that bugged me.... if you're consuming an active star, how is the surrounding area to the transfer mechanism still a snowy wonderland? I would have imagined a molten wasteland or desert. Finally, given the situation I'm surprised how accepting Chewie was in the end with grieving. I'm still sad.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Chewie's rampage was awesome. Poor guy. Not sure if I liked that whole scene better or the forest scene.

It is annoying how many things are implied and left unsaid. Leaving Rey's training implied is annoying, and her parentage. I realize it's a series but you go to see a movie and tehy tell you half a story and then go "Tune in in two years..." that sucks.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chewie's rampage was awesome. Poor guy. Not sure if I liked that whole scene better or the forest scene.

It is annoying how many things are implied and left unsaid. Leaving Rey's training implied is annoying, and her parentage. I realize it's a series but you go to see a movie and tehy tell you half a story and then go "Tune in in two years..." that sucks.
I was very amused how han kept borrowing chewies bow caster. guess he played some starwars battlefront and realized how OP they are.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You're a god damn retard.
1. we have no fucking clue how much training he has.
2. the repressed memories and force sensitivity to the lightsaber plus allusions to prior training, does not say she just picked up a lightsaber.
3. he took a god damn bowcaster blast to the side that blew normal troopers 15 feet backwards.

get rekt homo
And you sound like a retard reaching for excuses to justify aspects of the movie. Only thing getting rekt is your ass hole from all the butt hurt.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

Think Disney said they want to put out a new Star Wars every year for the forseeable future so I imagine you only have a year to wait to find out!

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Think Disney said they want to put out a new Star Wars every year for the forseeable future so I imagine you only have a year to wait to find out!
Rogue One is Dec 2016, Ep 8 is May 2017, so you have to wait about a year and a half.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So what's the deal with the Knights of Ren? Anyone else think they may be in the other two films? Just seems like it would be a waste to not flesh that out more.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The feeling afterward was of a satisfaction only comparable to a good dump, but where you feel full afterwards instead of empty

8.5/10

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
One thing I noticed that seemed different or more dramatic was the camera angle and sound when the light saber duel started. The light saber seemed more real. Not sure how to explain it

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah they are alternating the saga with spinoffs every other year.