Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
It's bad. It's just as bad as the dialog in the OT. Go back man. Watch RoTJ and apply this same critical eye. There are some fucking lame lines but nostalgia makes you gloss over it.
Thing is, even if it was as good as the OT movies (they aren't), you can't make a 1977 movie in 2018 and have it judged the same way. Part of the reason for that is that the previous movies have already blazed those trails. ROTJ is a bad candidate out the OT anyway: Lucas is tired of the movies, he has a huge empire, he is getting divorced, his wife is schtooping the carpenter, etc. Tatooine is tie up from fan service/tie-up from ESB, Endor is for his kids/terrible, the fleet battle is ok/fan service, and the only part that he actually cares about is the Emperor/Vader/Luke that is the autobiographical telling of his relationship with his own father/the movie industry.

I did this whole "go back and watch the OT and its just the same" after the Phantom Menace came out, and I walked out really disappointed, particularly with Jar Jar/Jake Lloyd. I softened a little after rewatching ROTJ (on VHS! back in 1999) but I am not doing that shit again. TLJ sucked out loud on so many levels, without the politics, and then you have the politics.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
TLJ sucked out loud on so many levels
It did. And at the end of the day, it's still got space wizards with light swords and cocky assholes cracking wise and shooting stuff and that is fine by me.

you have the politics.
No man. YOU have the politics. Kathleen Kennedy is one of the most accomplished, experienced and thoughtful choices to make for something like the Star Wars franchise. Just go look at her resume. Ignore the red pilled, incel dumbshits doing their "lol she must have sucked cock to get there" and just look at her goddamn resume.

You want to talk about most qualifed candidate...

• 2Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Trashing this movie as the steaming pile of shite that it is is more fun than watching it was.
23f51a6737955f051e6874242978857a.jpg

• 1Salty

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sure. I was going to go with "Reys parents were not Jedi" but you REALLY want to hedge your bets on this one with those Apple EULA conditions.

Hahaha well the whole idea of JJ having Luke/Anakin's old lightsaber "calling" to her in TFA would seem to indicate SOMETHING other than "lol Force sensitive". I'm not saying she had to be a Skywalker, etc...but some sort of link to explain that would be a bit better context. Honestly a lot of the good potential lore set up in TFA is now worse in my eyes for how everything was treated in TLJ. If JJ doesn't at least fix some of that shit, it'll all suffer in my eyes.

• 1Solidarity

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Hahaha well the whole idea of JJ having Luke/Anakin's old lightsaber "calling" to her in TFA would seem to indicate SOMETHING other than "lol Force sensitive". I'm not saying she had to be a Skywalker, etc...but some sort of link to explain that would be a bit better context. Honestly a lot of the good potential lore set up in TFA is now worse in my eyes for how everything was treated in TLJ. If JJ doesn't at least fix some of that shit, it'll all suffer in my eyes.

So is that a no?

• 1Salty

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
No I'll do it, if she literally has no connection to nothing and is just some rando Mary Sue, I'll do the 3 month avatar. It'll just be another sign Episode IX will suck, though.
So you're saying it would be BETTER if she was part of some Royal Jedi Bloodline? What the fuck man....And copy you, I'll go make it official.

Merrith

So you're saying it would be BETTER if she was part of some Royal Jedi Bloodline? What the fuck man....And copy you, I'll go make it official.

"Royal" Jedi Bloodline assumes Skywalker or some throwback tie in to Kenobi or something. I'm saying it would be better if she has SOME connection in order for Luke/Anakin's old lightsaber to call to her the way it did, or it's just another Mary Sue plot device that detracts from TFA and the trilogy in general.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
"Royal" Jedi Bloodline assumes Skywalker or some throwback tie in to Kenobi or something. I'm saying it would be better if she has SOME connection in order for Luke/Anakin's old lightsaber to call to her the way it did, or it's just another Mary Sue plot device that detracts from TFA and the trilogy in general.
So what made Anakin so special? Dude was supposed to literally be Force Jesus out of the blue and was the biggest Mary Sue of the entire series. Whose to say Rey isnt ACTUALLY some kind of chosen one as well that the force dumped out and the Jedi got it wrong from the start. Just spit balling here

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
After reading this drek I con positively confirm that I have never once seen anything Screamfeeder has ever written, and if I did, I certainly turned it off after 10 minutes.

'Bro'

• 1EyeRoll

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
It's cool bro, just chill homie. It's okay little guy. I'm just bored and trolling noodly-armed hollywood hipster faggots.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
So what made Anakin so special? Dude was supposed to literally be Force Jesus out of the blue and was the biggest Mary Sue of the entire series. Whose to say Rey isnt ACTUALLY some kind of chosen one as well that the force dumped out and the Jedi got it wrong from the start. Just spit balling here
That works in the situation but isn't that inception trite? I know that it's already your argument but her being random, awesome, force user isn't a terrible way to take it; the character is just not that good as they've continued to write her and Ridley is terrible at portraying her. Ep8 is is some rough, committee, writing

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If there is one thing I do believe about Screamfeeder(and there is a lot to not believe), it's that he is definitely involved in Hollywood in some way. Only someone genuinely involved in that business could be this insufferable and white knight a turd like TLJ so hard.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

What are the odds on Rey losing a limb or suffering burns in Episode 9? She managed to redirect any life threatening injuries in the first movie to the guy she met the day before and cursed him to be T-boned by an Asian GF on a "save the animals" kick. Maybe she's related to the Witches of Dathomir.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
If there is one thing I do believe about Screamfeeder(and there is a lot to not believe), it's that he is definitely involved in Hollywood in some way. Only someone genuinely involved in that business could be this insufferable and white knight a turd like TLJ so hard.
I didnt realize calling it the worst or 2nd worst star wars movie was white knighting. I guess I have to spend more time in the Gamergate thread to TRULY learn the ways of the 'cel.