Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I didnt realize calling it the worst or 2nd worst star wars movie was white knighting. I guess I have to spend more time in the Gamergate thread to TRULY learn the ways of the 'cel.
Is 'cel like incel? Is everyone who thinks this movie terrible a virgin? Are we all fat and short too, or is that just the dudes white-knighting the flick?

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Is 'cel like incel? Is everyone who thinks this movie terrible a virgin? Are we all fat and short too, or is that just the dudes white-knighting the flick?
I dunno. I'm operating on Red Pill rules here so apparantly if I think Kennedy is qualified, the movie was enjoyable, I dont make fat Asian and black jokes, and I call out nerds for being bad at paying attention I am some kind of faggot.

It's a weird world you have built for yourself Soy and I just do my best to live in it.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So what made Anakin so special? Dude was supposed to literally be Force Jesus out of the blue and was the biggest Mary Sue of the entire series. Whose to say Rey isnt ACTUALLY some kind of chosen one as well that the force dumped out and the Jedi got it wrong from the start. Just spit balling here

Even as the Chosen One, he still was taken in for training at a young age, much younger than either Luke or Rey. Doesn't strike me as nearly as big of a Mary Sue as Rey in that case. If Rey is "another" Chosen One, you'd think there'd at least be reference to a prophecy or some such regarding her.

Given how bad TLJ was, what you put out there could of course be possible. It would just be more of the bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I dunno. I'm operating on Red Pill rules here so apparantly if I think Kennedy is qualified, the movie was enjoyable, I dont make fat Asian and black jokes, and I call out nerds for being bad at paying attention I am some kind of faggot.

It's a weird world you have built for yourself Soy and I just do my best to live in it.
It did. And at the end of the day, it's still got space wizards with light swords and cocky assholes cracking wise and shooting stuff and that is fine by me.

No man. YOU have the politics. Kathleen Kennedy is one of the most accomplished, experienced and thoughtful choices to make for something like the Star Wars franchise. Just go look at her resume. Ignore the red pilled, incel dumbshits doing their "lol she must have sucked cock to get there" and just look at her goddamn resume.

You want to talk about most qualifed candidate...
The politics are up there on the screen, Scream. The whole Canto Bight sequence? Admiral Mauvehair EveningDress? I didn't have anything negative to say about KK but she has a terrible track record with directors and has managed to divide one of the most loyal fanbases in cinema history. I keep hearing her fate is already decided and come Sept. she will be stepping down.

Even as the Chosen One, he still was taken in for training at a young age, much younger than either Luke or Rey. Doesn't strike me as nearly as big of a Mary Sue as Rey in that case. If Rey is "another" Chosen One, you'd think there'd at least be reference to a prophecy or some such regarding her.

Given how bad TLJ was, what you put out there could of course be possible. It would just be more of the bad.
He had some gifts but the movies went out of their way to explain them, then the character spent a decade in training with Obi Wan, as opposed to downloading piloting skills while flying the Millennium Falcon and lightsaber skills when holding the Luke's shoulder tosser.

Last edited:

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
12f.jpg

Last edited:
  • 21Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 21 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Even as the Chosen One, he still was taken in for training at a young age, much younger than either Luke or Rey. Doesn't strike me as nearly as big of a Mary Sue as Rey in that case.
He not only built a droid from literal garbage(and it just so happened to act and look like all other protocol droids even though Boy Wonder never even knew what a fucking protocol droid was) using parts he saved as a 'slave boy', became a contender in a sport his race physically can't even compete at, BUT HE ALSO TOOK DOWN AN ENTIRE FLEET ON ACCIDENT.

Take this baby shit out of here dude.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
He had some gifts but the movies went out of their way to explain them, then the character spent a decade in training with Obi Wan, as opposed to downloading piloting skills while flying the Millennium Falcon and lightsaber skills when holding the Luke's shoulder tosser.

8 years old dude. Fleet. Destroyed.

Shut the fuck up.

Btw when I say "oh fuck off" or "shut the fuck up", just imagine a REALLY flamboyant gay dude and it will set the right tone for you guys.

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
8 years old dude. Fleet. Destroyed.

Shut the fuck up.

Btw when I say "oh fuck off" or "shut the fuck up", just imagine a REALLY flamboyant gay dude and it will set the right tone for you guys.

Am I going to have to ignore Screamfeeder to make this thread readable again?

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Am I going to have to ignore Screamfeeder to make this thread readable again?
He's not wrong about Episode 1, but saying Phantom Menace also sucked isn't really a very good argument that TLJ is somehow a good movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

The Chosen One starter pack is: expert pilot, ace engineer, droid linguist, and force potential. No one going to argue that we don't need lessons on who can bulls eye womprats in their T-16s.
Assuming Rian Johnson's TLJ version of Rey is canon and we have no special lineage, training, or contact with any force users whatsoever until she touched the lightsaber and got captured by Kylo then up until that point she's the same as kid Anakin.

After that point, however, TLJ canon means that in less than 18 hours Rey went from point zero into resisting + reversing mind probes, mind tricking Daniel Craig, and beating Kylo.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The Chosen One starter pack is: expert pilot, ace engineer, droid linguist, and force potential. No one going to argue that we don't need lessons on who can bulls eye womprats in their T-16s.
Assuming Rian Johnson's TLJ version of Rey is canon and we have no special lineage, training, or contact with any force users whatsoever until she touched the lightsaber and got captured by Kylo then up until that point she's the same as kid Anakin.

After that point, however, TLJ canon means that in less than 18 hours Rey went from point zero into resisting + reversing mind probes, mind tricking Daniel Craig, and beating Kylo.

First fuckin' solid logical statement in the last several pages. But I always like to point out that Kylo wasn't trying to "win" against Rey, and had just taken a blaster to the gut -- which makes me wonder why he didn't stop that blaster bolt mid air? Too emo crybabying over just stabbing daddy?

• 2Solidarity

Merrith

He not only built a droid from literal garbage(and it just so happened to act and look like all other protocol droids even though Boy Wonder never even knew what a fucking protocol droid was) using parts he saved as a 'slave boy', became a contender in a sport his race physically can't even compete at, BUT HE ALSO TOOK DOWN AN ENTIRE FLEET ON ACCIDENT.

Take this baby shit out of here dude.

Jar Jar basically took down an entire division of troops by accident as well. Also you're ignoring R2's role in everything which is criminal

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I actually liked Rey a lot in the first movie. I sort of liked how she was a 'self discovered' force user. It fit the 'Awakens' title. I thought this was also a little bit true of Finn as well. He isn't a force user but he had his own sort of 'awakening' when he realized he was essentially an SS trooper and decided to quit.

But that was always under the assumption that Rey would then meet Luke and learn the ways of the Jedi. Or even that she was genetically predisposed to the Force the way the Skywalker family appears to be.

But no. She's female. And as we all now know, 'The Force Is Female'. Thanks a lot RJ and KK. Blatant feminist agitprop in a Star Wars film. Fuck me. Leia, with literally zero training, can Mary Poppins herself through space but Luke, the master legend, can't even sense the death of his best friend? I wonder if his penis got in the way of his powers? Maybe only uterine mammals can fly through space?

They gave the script to Anita Sarkeesian and Josh-in-Tosh and we got exactly what we should have and could have expected from such a move.

Remember when Rian Johnson re-tweeted Josh in Tosh in solidarity with him? Peppridge Farms remembers.

Tanoomba wrote Episode 8 and I am supposed to somehow think that it 'wasn't that bad'? Or that I am a virgin because I have the ability to see right through it's hamfisted agenda?

According to Screamkeesian, if you didn't like the video game 'Depression Quest' then the only reason that this could ever be possible is because you are a misogynist mgtow incel.

It's hard for me not to see this as GG all over again. GG was the trial run, and now Star Wars is the big leagues.

Next stop for Screamkeesian: the U.N.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
AngryGerbil said:
According to Screamkeesian, if you didn't like the video game 'Depression Quest' then the only reason that this could ever be possible is because you are a misogynist mgtow incel.

It's hard for me not to see this as GG all over again. GG was the trial run, and now Star Wars is the big leagues.

Next stop for Screamkeesian: the U.N.
I still like Rey, she just needs character development. They haven't quite ruined her yet.

Depression Quest was interesting, the idea of a game having options blocked because of your mental state is a good idea. Having it be text based html choose your adventure webpage isn't. I made something like that in my 1st year at university, she isn't a Game Dev at all.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I still like Rey, she just needs character development. They haven't quite ruined her yet.

Depression Quest was interesting, the idea of a game having options blocked because of your mental state is a good idea. Having it be text based html choose your adventure webpage isn't. I made something like that in my 1st year at university, she isn't a Game Dev at all.

Holy fucking misogyny! Why do you hate women so much Chris?

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

she had two movies of character development. she went from a mary sue with a mysterious past to be a mary sue with a crackhead parent past. her character changed so much. just like luke!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user