Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe Phantom Menace was gonna suck no matter what. the original trilogy was so built up in our minds that anything new would be a letdown. or it was really just a pile of shit that ruined everything

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing is going to change the fact that the dialogue, Jar Jar, and Jake Lloyd were utter disasters. No amount of passage of time will ever correct that.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Phantom Menace started out in a pretty cool way. The whole blockade and the 2 Jedi showing up and all that seemed like a cool intro and hopefully a nice buildup into something interesting. Instead they get to the planet and Jar Jar.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 1Picard
  • 1Barf

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean comic relief is fine if you do it in proper doses. That is not what happened.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I think both are kinda true.

Yes, our expectations were too high. And yeah, the movie was a piece of political propaganda. The analogies he was making to Bush were just so hamfisted and unavoidable. Instead of that he should have just retold the Julius Ceasar civil war except when they try to stab ceasar he busts out a lightsaber and murders the senate, then he tracks down all the jedi one by one with the help of young anakin, who he has corrupted with a vision of empire and glory.

You start with clone wars as ceasar in gaul, then you move into phantom menace (ceasar against coruscant, and the jedi suspect fuckery, and the political tension resulting from a senator personally being in charge of a clone army) and then you end with MURDERSPLATS. You can even have anakin beat obi-wan in some climatic duel but release him in an act of mercy, foreshadowing both his redemption by luke and giving context to the obi-wan/vader duel in new hope.

That would have been better at least than NatPo talking about sand in her vagina.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think ive still only seen phantom menace once in the theater and once on video to confirm, that yes it was that bad. The Plinkett review made sure i will never be curious if its gotten better over time.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Surprised this hasn’t already been posted. This guy does Red Letter Media better than RLM does RLM.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw those the other day. I had to triple check that it wasn't just a RLM secondary account. Whoever is running that channel has the Plinkett voice down perfectly.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The midichlorians shit completely destroyed the fucking movie for me, and I was 14 at the time.
But I admit, for all the hate I have for the prequels, TLJ still is far worse, wayyyyyty worse.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lucas has talked about midichlorians-- but I forget his exact words, so I can't quote him.

I think it had something to do with a strong desire to explain some things that he was not able to explain. He had this philosophy about answering questions people had about the technology with mumbo jumbo. A lot of Star Wars tech is explained by mumbo jumbo, especially in the EU (For example, there is a full "real world" explanation for blaster and laser bolt technology but it makes no sense in the real world because it defies the current known properties for those energy types. You can't mix laser, gas, and electricity and you can't shoot an "electrical bolt" of anything, creating a bolt makes no sense. Electricity is not able to be projected in that way in a specific aimed burst) but the force was one thing that was left spiritual and open to interpretation.

Despite Star Wars already having mumbo jumbo in it long before he invented midichlorians-- he still had to go all Star Trek on the force. It sucks.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
R.I.P. Peter Mayhew :(

edit: totes wrong thread. Help me Amod Amod you're my only hope.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
D5mNJhlXsAI4wx2.jpg

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
he always sounded like an extremely nice and kind guy, being extra kind to fans at events even though probably half are autistic sperglords. Its crazy too that such a tall guy lived so long, as a moderately tall guy (6'4) i know genetics are not in our favor for lifespans :(

• 2Like