Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Good lord the more I try to remember Last Jedi's plot the worse and worse it gets. They really spent half the movie with the Speed spaceship chase scene somehow shitting out all these pointless subplots.

Although at least it didn't have a horseback charge across the deck of an in flight Star Destroyer.

Wait, that got left in??

Sterling

El Presidente
Everyone always talks up the Zhan Trilogy. They're pretty much the literary equivalent of The Mandalorian. Pretty good, but get extra shine because of everything else being shit.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I would still rather go out and see Jewell rather than this piece of dogshit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
God damn. That is an impressive display of two betas trying to slapfight each other and missing while a female has no idea they exist.

BRA. VO.

I'm tagging every fucking Zaara post with that for at least a week.
lol, be nice to Zaara

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I didn't like TLJ because of the Woke undertones and SJW horseshit. It was over the top with Poe getting slapped around like absolutely nothing for the "Power of female".

With that said, the entire movie itself was a complete idiotic mess that didn't advance any story lines and set up anything like Empire Strikes Back did, or hell, even Attack of the Clones. Episode 8 was ruined by Rian Johnson, the Woke movement, but more importantly, the idiotic story telling which made absolutely zero sense with no lead up to see what should have been a dramatic ending ending in Episode 9.

As a result we have people fighting each other over this stupid crap and rather should just not support these idiots with your cash by seeing the movie.

Not sure what Abrams could have done given the shit show that TLJ was to bring anything back to relevance in Episode 9.

With that said, Rian Johnson's thinking and ways of directing need to be kicked in the ass financially by consumers so people go back to making good movies regardless of agenda.

• 4Like

Siliconemelons

Brother "Any plans to see the new starwars?" **as he is coming down for Christmas
Me "Blerhhhh"
Brother "so...no plans?"

• 3Worf

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
They could have done 3 movies about a commando looking for old Sith holocron and fill them with Sith lore and some non jedi saber fight. Hire some Hong Kong ppl to film fights, 1 or 2 cute aliens and be done with that.
But no, let's make "Starwars ² trilogy HD filled with some political stuff instead. Also with very poor writing.

Now, i think Rise of skywalker is the "best" of the 3...

• 3Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Well, people are saying if you hated TLJ you will love this one. So if it helps Rian Johnson never get hired again maybe we should all pitch in to the cause and pirate the movie.

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone that has seen this already - did that orphan kid who was sweeping the floor at the end of the last movie come in last minute to save the day?

• 4Worf
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 4 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Someone that has seen this already - did that orphan kid who was sweeping the floor at the end of the last movie come in last minute to save the day?

Almost nothing of TLJ is mentioned in TROS if it could be avoided. This movie was full backpedaling on most of the TLJ fuckups.

Rose Tico is relegated to a background character, thankfully.
Rose/Finn "romance" is never mentioned, apparently never happened.
Canto Bight isn't mentioned, nor is DJ the codebreaker, or that whole fuckup of a mission.
Broom Kid isn't anywhere in the movie.
Snoke is mentioned once, his origin is briefly explained and then never mentioned again.
Vice-Admiral Holdo is namedropped once when someone mentions the possibility of performing a "Holdo maneuver" on enemy ships.
Poe's demotion and shenanigans in TLJ are never mentioned, he's the de-factor leader of the Resistance after Leia's death.
The "Battle of Crait" is mentioned once by Poe.
Ach-To is briefly visited, we see a couple porgs for precisely 2 seconds.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you mean those slaves who were still slaves at the end of the movie while the space doggies were rescued?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My mom wants to see the new movie on Christmas and I had to say no. Normally I wouldn't care what dumb movie we go see on Christmas, but star wars gets no more of my holiday money. Maybe I'll redbox it in 6 months out of curiosity.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Except that apparently isn't true. TLJ lovers and haters both hate this one, just for different reasons.

That's cause most of the TLJ lovers assume the haters hated it for all the wrong reasons, not just because it was a shit Star Wars movie.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Almost nothing of TLJ is mentioned in TROS if it could be avoided. This movie was full backpedaling on most of the TLJ fuckups.

Rose Tico is relegated to a background character, thankfully.
Rose/Finn "romance" is never mentioned, apparently never happened.
Canto Bight isn't mentioned, nor is DJ the codebreaker, or that whole fuckup of a mission.
Broom Kid isn't anywhere in the movie.
Snoke is mentioned once, his origin is briefly explained and then never mentioned again.
Vice-Admiral Holdo is namedropped once when someone mentions the possibility of performing a "Holdo maneuver" on enemy ships.
Poe's demotion and shenanigans in TLJ are never mentioned, he's the de-factor leader of the Resistance after Leia's death.
The "Battle of Crait" is mentioned once by Poe.
Ach-To is briefly visited, we see a couple porgs for precisely 2 seconds.

Poe being the leader actually makes sense even from TLJ. The guy spends the first 10-15 minutes of TLJ doing stuff in an X wing that even the best Force user pilots in EU would struggle to pull off. Literally the greatest pilot that ever lived, and all that.

Siliconemelons

I am going to go off on conspiracy theory land... and not about anything in the new movie specific...

But when they do this "only use new stuff, so we dont pay Daddy Lucas his licensing $" we get scenes like the Dreadnaught in TLJ intro.

"NO ONE HAS TAKEN DOWN A DREADNAUGHT!"

well... NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN ONE BEFORE so WHO CARES..... couldent have they used something that has exsisted and people recognize and know of so there is some weight behind it? nah no... make something dumb a new?

Also...

ban me I aint spoiler taggen.

The end 'fight/kill' is dumb, but I will give them SOME credit that it is at least use prior- as that s how the emperor got "scarred and disfigured" in the first place with Mace Windu... its still stupid...because we do not "see" any of the "force power struggle" that I am sure will be a revelation once the novelization is out (like TFAs novel shed light on stuff) - all we see is... lightsaber absorbs and reflects lightning... get 2 and YEEHAW- general grevious would win it all bro

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Brother "so...no plans?"

Xadion: oh I got plans
Brother: :(
Xadion: sorry bro

1576783040633.jpeg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I always felt Poe was a good swap for the future. If Rey = Luke then you take Han/Leia and merge it into the Poe character (cool guy with leadership qualities and loyal). I've heard Oscar Isaac does a great job in the movie. Actually folks on both sides have seemingly voiced a lot of praise for everyone's portrayal of their characters.