Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

spronk

FPS noob
dont celebrate too much about D&D being off star wars, apparently rian "i ruined star wars" johnson is still going forward with his movies

i really just don't care though, i know any stars wars trilogy he makes will be utter dogshit
Following his work on Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Johnson will now create an entirely new story that is disconnected from the main Skywalker saga.

SEE ALSO: What to Expect From Rian Johnson’s Upcoming New ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy

“I think that the fun and challenging part of it is to dive in, figure out what’s exciting and then figure out what it’s going to be,” he said. “We’re doing something that steps beyond the legacy characters. What does that look like? To me, the blue sky element of it is what was most striking about it. I know the way that I’m coming at it and what’s fun about it for everyone in Lucasfilm is figuring out, ‘what’s the next step?’ It really makes you think and figure out what the essence of Star Wars is for me and what that will look like moving forward.”

• 1Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
dont celebrate too much about D&D being off star wars, apparently rian "i ruined star wars" johnson is still going forward with his movies

i really just don't care though, i know any stars wars trilogy he makes will be utter dogshit
Following his work on Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Johnson will now create an entirely new story that is disconnected from the main Skywalker saga.

SEE ALSO: What to Expect From Rian Johnson’s Upcoming New ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy

“I think that the fun and challenging part of it is to dive in, figure out what’s exciting and then figure out what it’s going to be,” he said. “We’re doing something that steps beyond the legacy characters. What does that look like? To me, the blue sky element of it is what was most striking about it. I know the way that I’m coming at it and what’s fun about it for everyone in Lucasfilm is figuring out, ‘what’s the next step?’ It really makes you think and figure out what the essence of Star Wars is for me and what that will look like moving forward.”
Fucking hell...

Just do Knights of the Old Republic.

• 2Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And right there you lost me and my midichlorians.
I don't think I'm alone in saying that I'd rather have midichlorians and the occasional horrendous anakin/padme level of dialogue than what Disney is about to poop out.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like some people need to rewatch the Plinkett reviews. Because they're funny. And the prequels were fucking horrid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Revenge of the Shit, is the best of the worst because everyone dies and its hilarious.
It's a movie for children! *proceeds to murder all the children*

All the star wars movies after the original set are like elections, because there's nothing but bad choices

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Episode I -- Padme is a strong queen of action, throwing herself in danger and blasting folk. Not someone to fuck with.
Episode II -- Padme is a strong senator fighting for peace, flying a starfighter and kicking ass in a skin-tight white catsuit. Not someone to fuck with.
Episode III -- Padme dies of sadness

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Episode I -- Padme is a strong queen of action, throwing herself in danger and blasting folk. Not someone to fuck with.
Episode II -- Padme is a strong senator fighting for peace, flying a starfighter and kicking ass in a skin-tight white catsuit. Not someone to fuck with.
40 years later and some of you still haven't figured out that Star Wars (as intended by George Lucas) is a SPACE OPERA and not a science fiction documentary.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Even as space opera I would expect more of a character arc and less of a character cratering. Padme should be the ultimate tragic figure of the first trilogy, a strong character who becomes completely undone by her connection to the anti-hero Anakin. There is some of that in Episode III, but overall she goes from a position of strength to barefoot and preggers waaaay too fast.

Part of this is the fundamental weakness of the Star Wars films -- each one takes place over a very short timespan and thus we are cheated out of any realistic pace of narrative development. This is also part of the reason why Clone Wars is so goddamn good as it affords the opportunity for long-form character and plot development of the sort that one would expect from a true weekly serial.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

episode 2: padme is a pedophile who fucks the kid she used to babyshit

3u58rw9d93i11.jpg

• 4Like
  • 2Worf

Fadaar

That guy
Even as space opera I would expect more of a character arc and less of a character cratering. Padme should be the ultimate tragic figure of the first trilogy, a strong character who becomes completely undone by her connection to the anti-hero Anakin. There is some of that in Episode III, but overall she goes from a position of strength to barefoot and preggers waaaay too fast.

Part of this is the fundamental weakness of the Star Wars films -- each one takes place over a very short timespan and thus we are cheated out of any realistic pace of narrative development. This is also part of the reason why Clone Wars is so goddamn good as it affords the opportunity for long-form character and plot development of the sort that one would expect from a true weekly serial.

That is a negative but with the relatively long time jump between each of the movies it evens out IMO. For example, Ep 4 to 5 you go from Luke still being super green and basically brand new to the military/Rebellion to him being a hardened veteran and the Rebellion going from riding high over the destruction of the Death Star to being battered and cornered on Hoth. From what I've gathered reading online, 3 years between Ep 4 and 5, and a year between 5 and 6. For the OT it works great and it lets your mind fill in the gaps with "what if's". Contrast that to Ep 7 to 8, an extremely short gap of a few days to maybe weeks. There's really nothing left to the imagination, you know that as soon as the Resistance finished off the third Death Star and got back to base that the First Order was up their ass relatively quickly. If Ep 9 takes place immediately after 8 and the story lasts the same amount of time (a few days per movie) then that would be the whole trilogy taking place in the span of a few weeks, which is fucking lame.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

The title is a bit of clickbait but the video itself is very good. The idea that Lucas retains a portion of the merchandising from his original characters thus Disney has an incentive to ditch all that as much as possible in favor of their own creations makes a lot of sense.

Also, what happened with Star Trek is a real shame. That property is going to remain fractured for years to come.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The title is a bit of clickbait but the video itself is very good. The idea that Lucas retains a portion of the merchandising from his original characters thus Disney has an incentive to ditch all that as much as possible in favor of their own creations makes a lot of sense.

Also, what happened with Star Trek is a real shame. That property is going to remain fractured for years to come.
yeah it makes a lot of sense and had me thinking if it relates to other movie/tv prospects over the years. like if you had a favorite TV show and the developer of the show suddenly quits/gets fired, you notice your favorite characters start to get killed off and replaced with brand new losers.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's a movie for children! *proceeds to murder all the children*

All the star wars movies after the original set are like elections, because there's nothing but bad choices

Yet here you are.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>

This was pretty completely debunked on Rebel Force Radio today