Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'd rather shove raccoons up my nose than listen to anything called "Rebel Force Radio."

• 5Like
  • 5Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 11 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The cottage industry of internet film criticism that has grown in part because of Star Wars' popularity and shittiness has been a boon to us nitpicking argumentative types, which is pretty much everyone here.

The prequels horridness definitely put RLM on the map. The sequels terribleness helped me discover Mauler and EFAP. So, thanks Lucas, thanks Disney!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
i'm not watching any star wars retard videos but if the claim was that maybe disney is tanking star wars because of merch rights, thats pretty fucking stupid. When Disney bought Lucasfilm back in 2012 for $4b, it included fully 100% all film, television, merchandising, and property rights. George Lucas gets nothing except the $3.5 billion or so from the sale which he has used to build a mulatto slave leia clone army. Same thing with Marvel, Fox, etc.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
the rumor is that he retained 50% merch rights or the original characters. the actual contract isn't public. Occam's razor, what's more likely? That Disney scrapped the corner stone characters in the IP based on SWJ ideas and poor writing, or they wanted all the profits from the toys? Chewie is the best example of this. He did nothing in the 2 sequels, was totally out of character. what purpose is there to basically have him do nothing? what did he do? he played w those these:

0be6f1c2-8939-406a-88e1-60a94b82beb0.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
With A New Hope (then just Star Wars) the deal Lucas had left him with all manner of intellectual property and merchandising rights. I'm talking out of my ass here but I don't think you'd ever get a studio these days to cut you a fat check on a movie and then leave you with all of that to yourself. Given how much he profited from that arrangement over the last forty goddamn years it wouldn't surprise me if the final deal he signed with Disney left him with at least some percentage of the merchandising.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
If Disney painstakingly killed Han Solo and Luke Skywalker characters just to give less money to George Lucas because he rakes in all that dough on old characters, can you explain why they decided to bring back PALPATINE for Episode 9 despite him being dead? I mean, I get why they really brought him back, because they're throwing everything at the wall hoping it sticks for this movie after the clusterfuck of TLJ, but can the conspiracy theorists explain how that makes sense to them?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If Disney painstakingly killed Han Solo and Luke Skywalker characters just to give less money to George Lucas because he rakes in all that dough on old characters, can you explain why they decided to bring back PALPATINE for Episode 9 despite him being dead? I mean, I get why they really brought him back, because they're throwing everything at the wall hoping it sticks for this movie after the clusterfuck of TLJ, but can the conspiracy theorists explain how that makes sense to them?

Why does it need to be some conspiracy theory? You've got financial incentives to create new characters and tell new stories with them so that's what you do. There's no meeting about the best ways to improperly manage legacy characters. Everyone wants to tell a brand new story for a new generation. It's just that now that everything hasn't gone as planned that people are looking for reasons as to Disney didn't make better use out of what they had.

• 1Like

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
you really think Palp will be in the movie? every trailer had orig characters, every movie shit on orig characters. 1st trailer for the first sequel showed luke w/ his robot hand w/ R2, but he neer shiped up till the final sceen and never said a word.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You should watch RLM's prediction video. Their predictions are so shitty and off the wall, they're likely going to happen.

Emaciated Ewoks worshipping the near-dead corpse of the Emperor would pretty awesome, even if it's an incidental ripoff of W40k.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Even the poster looks bad. Per Reddit, this is the official poster. Is that Emperor Palpatine in cartoon form?

1566673214696.png

• 3Barf
  • 3Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 7 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
They need a dance off scene, like that Star Wars Kinect song, would improve the film atleast.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Disney just needs to turn it into a musical like Fantasia or something.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Rumor is we are gonna have Darth Rey. Apparently at the end of the Rise presentation she shows up in a black hood and a double edged red saber.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Abandon all hope if any of you were foolish enough to still have some.

• 3Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users