Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just wish even before the crawl JJ McDouchecanoe put this up regarding the previous movie.

giphy.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Please take the discussion about utility and suitability of
spoilers
to its own thread.
This thread is for spoiling star wars.
I heard the movie might be badtastic but that is just a rumor at this time. Maybe i should have spoilered that.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
they had to admit reshoots were still going as of this past sunday due to Finn leaving the script for house keeping to sell on ebay. its a good bet that they are still working on this.

How is this even possible? Surely it takes longer than a month to shoot, edit, color grade, sound edit, master (whatever the cinema equivalent is called), and distribute the thing worldwide. Crazy

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How is this even possible? Surely it takes longer than a month to shoot, edit, color grade, sound edit, master (whatever the cinema equivalent is called), and distribute the thing worldwide. Crazy

All editing takes place day-of, during the actual shooting for Rise. So upon completion of a scene ON LOCATION or IN STUDIO, editing begins IMMEDIATELY on that scene.

Its relatively unprecedented and created the "thrown together" meme, as no other movie has done this at this budget.

Sourced earlier in this thread. Bondurant Bondurant I'll pull it if he tests me.

• 1WTF

Caliane

Rise of skywalker is going to be the first movie, broadcast live in theatres while filming.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It happens when you dont have an outline and studio heads are calling the shots on story. This isnt a spoiler, but the original script by Treverow did not have Palpatine in it. This came out last week when Abrams gave an interview saying that yes palps was planned to be in RoS all along. Treverow who got fired by KK has no loyalty to Disney SW, so he immediately called that shit out. Its a massive clusterfuck. Maybe the worst since John Carter.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It happens when you dont have an outline and studio heads are calling the shots on story. This isnt a spoiler, but the original script by Treverow did not have Palpatine in it. This came out last week when Abrams gave an interview saying that yes palps was planned to be in RoS all along. Treverow who got fired by KK has no loyalty to Disney SW, so he immediately called that shit out. Its a massive clusterfuck. Maybe the worst since John Carter.
Apparently they showed a dying guy and his son the movie yesterday. So unless they showed them unfinished rough prints they have the movie done.

Dying ‘Star Wars’ Fan Sees ‘The Rise Of Skywalker’ In Private Screening With Help From Bob Iger

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I have a crazy dream... That in some way someone at Disney gets back in charge over this property and decides they want to actually not kill it. Then, since JarJar Abrams was involved they borrow a page from his book in another property.

"Force Luke is powerful enough that he's able to project back in time and hire the Mandolorian to both kill Rey as a child and arrange a marriage counseling bot for Leia/Han. As such we're making a new trilogy to take place after the Mandalorian and in an alternate timeline from those other three movies. So they're still real, they just not current cannon now."

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
All editing takes place day-of, during the actual shooting for Rise. So upon completion of a scene ON LOCATION or IN STUDIO, editing begins IMMEDIATELY on that scene.

Its relatively unprecedented and created the "thrown together" meme, as no other movie has done this at this budget.

Sourced earlier in this thread. Bondurant Bondurant I'll pull it if he tests me.

I don't understand why you would do that.

That sounds like a shitshow. I'm no filmmaker, but damn. Isn't the process write script (plan movie), gather footage (do movie), edit product (finalize movie)? Daily editing sounds like they're ad-libbing or something.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That sounds like a shitshow. I'm no filmmaker, but damn. Isn't the process write script (plan movie), gather footage (do movie), edit product (finalize movie)? Daily editing sounds like they're ad-libbing or something.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand why you would do that.

yes, but the problem is that producers are dictating too much of the movie business. in order to get the best release window, you have to sort of reserve it years in advance. so if an avengers movie comes out, they pick what weekend they think will give them the best opening depending on what other movies are coming out that weekend. then other movies that the studio has less faith in will select release dates that aren't around those big movies.

but then you have the reality that sometimes things might work on paper but absolutely not at all in reality. sometimes there are issues with the script that maybe don't show up until far too long in the process and it forces rewrites. and sometimes the studio says "here's your release window, now make it happen" before a writer has even been picked. a few movies have pulled off miracles in that area so now producers just expect it to happen. they were still writing the script for ironman when it was filming. rdj is good enough on his feet that he didn't really need fully written dialogue but jeff bridges said that filming scenes were a nightmare because he isn't good at improvising. he wants a fully fleshed out script that he can read and understand but it just wasn't there.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

So, what are our predictions on how this will do in Theaters? domestic and worldwide?

Massive failure- <$300 million?
Middling $300-500?
Success $500-1b?

Is Disney not understanding how badly The last jedi, etc damaged the brand? are, we underestimating how powerful the December slot is, and family movies over xmas?

Like, if "I" was in charge after that fiasco, I would have broken the trilogy format. Either start fresh entirely, with a new trilogy. Or, came back with a Last Jedi part 2, THEN a proper conclusion to that movie, for a 4 movie set.
Any themes and storylines started with The force awakens was dashed in last jedi. so, creating a proper conclusion in this movie is impossible. this movie has to stand alone. it has to create a story/threat, and conclude in the same movie. and pretend its somehow relevant to the last 2... and even all fucking 9... That just can not be done. Bringing palpatine back is the means at which they are trying...
At very least with all these reshoots and shit, I would have delayed it. pushed it till next dec, or July. Its a bit crazy to me, they are not delaying it.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I bet it will still crack $800M. Star Wars fans are idiots.

• 10Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 12 users