Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Chris

Potato del Grande
the idea of going to the death planet in TFA was to stop it from destroying other planets and bringing Emo back, by convincing him to be a good boy or whatver. after Han tries to reason with his son and Emo kills him. the capturing aspect of the mission is over. in my scenario. Luke wants to kill him, Luke should kill him, nobody would bat an eye over it. but Luke is all that is good and striking an unarmed person down is Dark Side shit. Luke aint about that, so yes its a trope, but its what Luke's character is locked into.
So he would try to capture him and bring him back to Leia to answer for what he has done. A hero doesn't let a killer loose.

This is the TLJ criticism where people said Luke, who redeemed Vader, would never want to strike down Ben.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So he would try to capture him and bring him back to Leia to answer for what he has done. A hero doesn't let a killer loose.

This is the TLJ criticism where people said Luke, who redeemed Vader, would never want to strike down Ben.
he could point the LS at Emo's chest and say something like, "you deserve this, but i am taking you with me to answer for what you did" and then stormtrooper 2.0s start shooting at him and he is forced to leave Emo there on the floor. you gotta leave him there to have the second movie and for him to be all salty about getting his plans defeated and killing his dad for nothing. Snoke could chew his ass out for shitting everything up. if they took him prisoner, he would have to escape and then you trade one trope for another.

Chris

Potato del Grande
he could point the LS at Emo's chest and say something like, "you deserve this, but i am taking you with me to answer for what you did" and then stormtrooper 2.0s start shooting at him and he is forced to leave Emo there on the floor. you gotta leave him there to have the second movie and for him to be all salty about getting his plans defeated and killing his dad for nothing. Snoke could chew his ass out for shitting everything up. if they took him prisoner, he would have to escape and then you trade one trope for another.
I'm saying leave him there, I said Luke would fail to capture him because the planet starts to blow up and they gotta run, the ground pulling them apart like in TFA.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm saying leave him there, I said Luke would fail to capture him because the planet starts to blow up and they gotta run, the ground pulling them apart like in TFA.
that works, but even if you and i were writers for TFA and they did all that shit. Rian Johnson would still fuck it all up because Star Wars is a big joke to him. RoS would still be the trainwreck it was meant to be .

Chris

Potato del Grande
that works, but even if you and i were writers for TFA and they did all that shit. Rian Johnson would still fuck it all up because Star Wars is a big joke to him. RoS would still be the trainwreck it was meant to be .
Yeah the blame lies squarely on Rian Johnson and his enablers (Kathleen Kennedy).

The question is how much of an enabler JJ Abrams was by just remaking ANH and potentially not planning out the full trilogy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watching it now, what's with that gay reverse grip backhand way that Ret holds her lightsaber

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kathleen Kennedy needs to be replaced by Brett Faurve or whatever that dude's name is behind Mandalorian and Rogue One. I have faith in him because he has shown he "gets" Star Wars and that he would pick the right people to make movies and trilogies and show series that will be cool as hell to watch. They want to revive this franchise? Let this one die with 9, chalk it up to life lessons learned and only look forward. There is still a ton of potential here, they just need to let this era die.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Watching it now, what's with that gay reverse grip backhand way that Ret holds her lightsaber

It's the 'reverse form V' style that is used in a bunch of games plus Ahsoka Tano in Clone Wars. Not saying it isn't a bit silly, but there is substantial prior art.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's the 'reverse form V' style that is used in a bunch of games plus Ahsoka Tano in Clone Wars. Not saying it isn't a bit silly, but there is substantial prior art.

I'm aware there are different forms of Saber style. Now that you mention it I do recall that specific one from one of the games, I don't think either Rey or Kylo looked particularly proficient at it, they didn't make it look very effective.

spronk

FPS noob
Kathleen Kennedy needs to be replaced by Brett Faurve or whatever that dude's name is behind Mandalorian and Rogue One.

Jon Favreau, the guy who directed/wrote Iron Man, Avengers, Chef, Swingers, and is the writer/showrunner for Mandalorian. Brett Favre is a retired football quarterback

Kevin Feige, aka the wizard behind the 23 run of the MCU, has been given the task of producing a single Star Wars movie, the only one currently greenlit for development. He is supposed to be working with Kathleen Kennedy on it. Who knows what it all means, I'm sure the people who hate where Star Wars is right now imagine if he does well it'll force Kennedy out and him taking over but thats just really speculation based on nothing (other than how shitty Star Wars is performing, relative to expectations). Hollywood is after all a place where people fail upwards.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Also was "a Jedi weapon deserves more respect" aimed at Rian Johnson?

I think so but I think there was more than one little slights aimed at the film. Maybe not a Johnson personally but I had counted at least 5-6 as I went through the movie.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jon Favreau, the guy who directed/wrote Iron Man, Avengers, Chef, Swingers, and is the writer/showrunner for Mandalorian. Brett Favre is a retired football quarterback

Kevin Feige, aka the wizard behind the 23 run of the MCU, has been given the task of producing a single Star Wars movie, the only one currently greenlit for development. He is supposed to be working with Kathleen Kennedy on it. Who knows what it all means, I'm sure the people who hate where Star Wars is right now imagine if he does well it'll force Kennedy out and him taking over but thats just really speculation based on nothing (other than how shitty Star Wars is performing, relative to expectations). Hollywood is after all a place where people fail upwards.

Namon might be on to something. Watching Brett Farve send dick pics for 3 straight movies would have made a better Star Wars trilogy.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I know there are many who enjoy picking movies apart to find flaws, but I’m not one of them. I just want to be entertained and this movie entertained me. I want to see it again.

• 4Like
  • 2GreNeg
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
tenor.gif

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider
I liked this movie. Obviously there was a lot to clean up after TLJ and I think they did a good job of it. Some of it is a bit "off" but man some of you guys literally hang on every single little point.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
If only George Lucas had written 3 more movies and sold them to Disney so they didn’t need to go hire SJW faggots to destroy the franchise. :emoji_thinking: :emoji_thinking: :emoji_thinking: