StarCraft 2

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Trade the infestor for scourge IMO. Would make the pointless corrupter more pointless, but it would basically makes going colossus on the P side very risky which means zerg can go hydra. Also can trade with vikings to protect a BL army vs Terran but at least gives them a shot to micro in with marines.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
I never said it before, but sc2 sucks. Im going to skip HOTS, then wait two more years and get the last expansion and the second expansion with a discount. At this point, WOL is just broken if they nerf the infestor, then P>Z if they don't then Z>*
Words of wisdom, depressing wisdom.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Trade the infestor for scourge IMO. Would make the pointless corrupter more pointless, but it would basically makes going colossus on the P side very risky which means zerg can go hydra. Also can trade with vikings to protect a BL army vs Terran but at least gives them a shot to micro in with marines.
Zerg can't beat mass blink stalker at all without the infestor. Sadly, the infestor is barely strong enough right now to prevent ZvZ from being mutalisks only. They just recently had to buff infestors again in the beta exactly because of this, ZvZ was nothing but mass mutalisks, nothing else was viable.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
ehh speedling roach handles blink stalker fairly well.

Although it does really depend on the map and where/how big the choke points are.

I never said it before, but sc2 sucks. Im going to skip HOTS, then wait two more years and get the last expansion and the second expansion with a discount. At this point, WOL is just broken if they nerf the infestor, then P>Z if they don't then Z>*
Also, wtf, zerg were winning against toss waaaay before they got smart and started to abuse the infestors. Plus there's still plenty of games where infestor isn't used and zerg still win.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I don't mean, like, a 7 gate allin. I mean 200/200 pure blink stalker. Zerg can do nothing about it without fungal root as zerglings are not effective and nothing else can touch them. Fungal root was added very early in WoL, before fungal did damage, specifically to address the fact that blink stalkers just killed Zerg.

Hake_sl

shitlord
I was thinking that maybe adding a 0.5s (maybe less) Global Cooldown on the powerful AE spells (Fungal, Storm, EMP?) could be helpful.

I agree on the state of SC2, it's not super fun to watch right now, all matches look the same, and early/mid-game defensive play is very strong and boring. What worries me a lot more is that the new units in HOTS are not that fun, only things I like is Protoss having Recall very early, and Zerg having the flying unit that can pull another unit. The rest are pretty much all harass units that are going to make the game very frustrating for casual players.

Flank_sl

shitlord
Roach hydra would easily beat pure stalker. If you take out infestors then sentries would be the problem, not stalkers. Pure stalker barely beats pure roach.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Hydras are not a viable unit to make in 99% of ZvP matches. Once a colossus hits the field they're just wasted resources. The only time hydras are actually decent is in a 200/200 ZvZ where they're better for their supply than roaches. Other than that, Blizzard completely shit on hydras from day 1.

And blink stalkers still shit all over roach/hydra since hydras are so immobile.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Stalkers are the least cost effective unit in straight up fights against almost everything. I think I read somewhere workers beat Stalkers cost effectively.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Blink stalkers snowball really well, you start in sort of even fight and then you end with the same amount of stalkers but you just killed everything.

Anyway, after watching Dota 2 G-League, I'm not even looking forward to new season of GSL...

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm excited to see what new maps GSL will bring out, especially since Kespa introduced a lot of new maps I'm hoping GSL brings out 2 or 3 new ones. I swear if we get another 5 GSLs with Antiga Shipyard I'm going to kill someone.

Hake_sl

shitlord
I was thinking that maybe adding a 0.5s (maybe less) Global Cooldown on the powerful AE spells (Fungal, Storm, EMP?) could be helpful.
Did anyone see that Jaedong vs Maru game, from EG vs Prime @ IPTL ? Jaedong played perfect, there was one engagement where he managed to insta fungal the entire army of Maru, and send banelings to all pockets all marines, it was absolutely beautiful. And yet, all I was thinking about was that they're going to add a GCD to fungal
tongue.png
I can also see a nerf of creep spread coming up.

tongue.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I didn't realize it was you writing that. Still, I agree, the reason why I watched proleague was because they brought in new maps. Shame that the rest of the organizers don't take chances on new maps, because another game on a fucking Daybreak certainly doesn't make me watch your tournament. The other part of blame is on Blizzard, they get standing ovations for removing 2 years old maps from ladder pool...

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't realize it was you writing that. Still, I agree, the reason why I watched proleague was because they brought in new maps. Shame that the rest of the organizers don't take chances on new maps, because another game on a fucking Daybreak certainly doesn't make me watch your tournament. The other part of blame is on Blizzard, they get standing ovations for removing 2 years old maps from ladder pool...
Yeah, a lot of it probably has to do with Blizzard and their ladder map pool. That rarely changes so why should tournaments care. I actually PM'd a tonnnnn of pro players on TL to get their feedback on the whole map pool thing, some have posted in that thread, some have PM'd me back saying they mostly agree, but most didn't even respond. Hell, White-Ra pm'd me back saying he agreed with my post. I got so excited. haha