StarCraft 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
There is SC2 thread in Other Games already, just dig it up.

I fully support no SP talk in here.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I guess I'll take a moment to invite everyone on the forums into our small but knowledgeable group of people who rabidly follow all things SC2. For the most part we can help you out and guide you on various things if you are looking to get more competitive in the multi player scene. Blizzard has made some things easier in HOTS to help people who are reluctant to try out SC2. Even if you're not good take comfort in knowing that I'm bad, Zaphid is bad and everyone on the forum is bad. We all are trying to improve and even if you're a bronze leaguer struggling to beat a Silver we can give you some skill-level appropriate tips. Trust us we know how hard this game is. We're just slightly less bad.

Training mode
-You get slowly introduced to all the units available in multi player. Similar to SC2 Wings of Liberty not everything from single player is available in multi player. This mode slowly eases you in.

VS AI
-Similar to the ladder for playing a real person but you play an AI. Based on your performance it will slowly elevate the play of the AI. Once you can comfortably beat the AI the next step is playing a real person.

Unranked play
-Exactly like the ranked ladder but no penalty and no pressure. You don't have points, you don't have a league and you don't have a reason to not play a few games a day.

Experience
-Win or lose a game you gain experience now. Experience unlocks things like portraits and custom skins.

Social
-Easier to get in touch with people with full clan and group support now in BNet. Welcome to the future! The technology is finally there!

Replay enhancements
-You can now view replays with others and have the ability to resume from replay. So say you're playing with a practice partner. You both hop into the replay and your partner tells you what he thinks you did wrong. So now you can hop back into the exact same game at the point in time you choose and try something different. Does he think Tanks are a good counter to his roach/hydra composition instead of Marine/Marauder? Do you disagree? Well now you can test it. This should really quickly help with improvement once you have basics down.

Feel free to add me @March#923. I can really help if you choose the best race, Terran but I also know Zerg fairly well. If you have Protoss questions I suggest talking to Zaphid. GGGL.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tenks can help you become a perennial competitor in the Gold bracket as a Terran, I'm sure he will accept all PM's.

with that said, I'm not entirely sure I'll be purchasing HOTS changes, the Terran changes were just so pathetic and I really only played WoL at the end there for the Arcade. Not to mention the massive macro focus that the game requires just kills it for me after like 5-6 games.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not entirely, the campaign was awesome in WoL and this game will probably be the same, I might just buy it for that to be honest. But yeah the unit changes were pretty lack luster, they're afraid to hurt their pro scene, because it's what keeps SC2 interesting. This and Dota2 should hold you over until they release WC4 however.

Tenks

There is plenty different in HOTS that will shake up the professional scene in really all phases of the game. Probably the least changed is early game Zerg but all others are mostly shaken up.

-edit-

And for anyone reading this thread there are really only two people on this forum that played a bunch of HOTS in multi player. That being myself and Zaphid. We both believe the game flows and feels much different than Wings of Liberty.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't touched the beta for many months, last time I played I think was long before the widow mine changes (my widow mines still were 1 use kabooms). Haven't seen any of the latest changes so I have no idea what to expect, but anything that makes the game more exciting in the early game is very welcomed. The whole no push 20 min gg strat where you rush 3 bases and don't do shit is what actually killed the game for me, unsubbed from my twitch channels and GSL ticket.

Tenks

I haven't touched the beta for many months, last time I played I think was long before the widow mine changes (my widow mines still were 1 use kabooms). Haven't seen any of the latest changes so I have no idea what to expect, but anything that makes the game more exciting in the early game is very welcomed. The whole no push 20 min gg strat where you rush 3 bases and don't do shit is what actually killed the game for me, unsubbed from my twitch channels and GSL ticket.
As of right now it doesn't appear to be heading in that direction. As of right now HOTS is much more skirmish based and less 3base 200/200 slamming which, I agree, made latter WoL very unattractive to watch. Terran is back to having early-game pressure-expand builds instead of mandatory rushing to get 3cc without dying. Protoss with the MSC and Recall now has the ability to poke and prod without having the commit your entire army. Terran with medivac speed boost is making drops fast and furious and leading to a requirement to multi-task many fronts. Zerg Viper is a great way of disrupting death ball with it's Blinding Cloud and, of course, abduct. Infestor nerf is leading to a more "zergy" feel to end-game and mid-game Zerg.

Honestly there is a ton to be excited about to see in HOTS at the professional level.

Tenks

Can I 5 minute scv all in toss again and win everytime?
Sadly Photon Overcharge has kind of screwed up early game TvP
frown.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
As of right now it doesn't appear to be heading in that direction. As of right now HOTS is much more skirmish based and less 3base 200/200 slamming which, I agree, made latter WoL very unattractive to watch. Terran is back to having early-game pressure-expand builds instead of mandatory rushing to get 3cc without dying. Protoss with the MSC and Recall now has the ability to poke and prod without having the commit your entire army. Terran with medivac speed boost is making drops fast and furious and leading to a requirement to multi-task many fronts. Zerg Viper is a great way of disrupting death ball with it's Blinding Cloud and, of course, abduct. Infestor nerf is leading to a more "zergy" feel to end-game and mid-game Zerg.

Honestly there is a ton to be excited about to see in HOTS at the professional level.
Yeah, I was showing a buddy, who is just getting into sc, some hots matches and he was like 60vs70 supply at the 13m mark why so low? I had to tell him it was because of all the early game agression.