Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone know if its a seamless transition from planet surface to space and vice versa? I never saw it in the promo, but I was skipping around a lot.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Does anyone know if its a seamless transition from planet surface to space and vice versa? I never saw it in the promo, but I was skipping around a lot.

I highly doubt it based on everything I've seen

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I hope someone copies every single ship in Star Citizen and puts them all in a mod pack for this. The game engine worries me. The framerate in the fucking trailer was horrible.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

I hope someone copies every single ship in Star Citizen and puts them all in a mod pack for this. The game engine worries me. The framerate in the fucking trailer was horrible.

Everything during the show was supposedly being run on an Xbox, so I'm holding judgement on performance until I see it run on a PC.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Trailer looks cool. Feels like no mans skyrim, which is fine. I really just want Freelancer 2.

After playing Chorus it'll be hard to play a space combat sim with dump truck flight controls. I need fast paced, twitch space combat.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Excited to see what they are making. Even more excited to see the mods that'll be out 5 years after launch that populate the planets more, improve space combat, make settlement building/management easier, etc.

• 4Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Excited to see what they are making. Even more excited to see the mods that'll be out 5 years after launch that populate the planets more, improve space combat, make settlement building/management easier, etc.
Saying things like that makes Todd cum

Shmoopy

Looks decent. Hopefully this is much better than Outer Worlds which was disappointing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Only game im really looking forward to. Say all you want about Todd but he gave us some decent games over the years. Prob played his shit more hours than any other stuff except maybe destiny/destiny 2 looool.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It actually is going to be pretty hilarious if this game ends up hitting on lots of things Star Citizen promised and it causes the last surviving whales to snap out of their delusions

I went on the Star Citizen forums out of curiosity, I think the game is safe. It’s kind of funny really, like they dismiss Starfield because it has loading screens for example. These people are too far gone into the rabbit hole. :)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Saying things like that makes Todd cum
"One of the planets you can visit is Nirn. You get knocked out, robbed, and wake up in a cart after trying to cross a border naked. We simultaneously released Skyrim: Starfield Edition inside of Starfield. You're welcome."

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
"One of the planets you can visit is Nirn. You get knocked out, robbed, and wake up in a cart after trying to cross a border naked. We simultaneously released Skyrim: Starfield Edition inside of Starfield. You're welcome."
The plots of "super advanced individual gets dropped onto low-tech world" is one of my favorite plots and helps break things up. I hope they include that as part of this game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

The entire space flight combat system is in shambles. They can't get anything to work correctly in Gamebryo and why they still use that modified piece of shit is beyond me. Hence the delay. So aside from all the bugs one has to worry about due to this engine, Z-Axis shit is a nightmare in the engine and it cannot keep up from a gameplay perspective.

I would most definitely temper expectations. A delay from Bethesda is really saying something considering how they launched FO76.

Also key note worth mentioning, they didn't even ramp up production on this until 2 and a half years ago.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The entire space flight combat system is in shambles. They can't get anything to work correctly in Gamebryo and why they still use that modified piece of shit is beyond me. Hence the delay. So aside from all the bugs one has to worry about due to this engine, Z-Axis shit is a nightmare in the engine and it cannot keep up from a gameplay perspective.

I would most definitely temper expectations. A delay from Bethesda is really saying something considering how they launched FO76.

Also key note worth mentioning, they didn't even ramp up production on this until 2 and a half years ago.
Imagine the world we'd live in if they started using id Tech back in 2009 when Zenimax bought ID and released fallout 4 on it.

Or if they were releasing Starfield on Unreal 5.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Imagine the world we'd live in if they started using id Tech back in 2009 when Zenimax bought ID and released fallout 4 on it.

Or if they were releasing Starfield on Unreal 5.

Yep agreed.

Thing is, I am betting dollars to donus they are still forcing this use of this due to how they created their revenue model of charging for mods. Creation Club is most likely a huge revenue maker for them now, and they know if they switch engine's it could make that more difficult or require a complete re-work on their little nugget, which also sees players fixing their own bugs free of internal labor costs and even making money on it to boot.

Daidraco

You've got to come at this with a pessimistic view. Theyre trying to do a lot, too much imo. I think the space flight shit is going to be garbage. I also think outside of the MSQ - shit is going to be empty and barren. The game is probably going to have to do quite a bit of loading and I can almost feel the unskippable cinematic for the transition from planet surface to space and vice versa being designed.
This right here is going to the saving grace for this game. I just hope that the game is fun enough to play off and on until some big mods come out.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yep agreed.

Thing is, I am betting dollars to donus they are still forcing this use of this due to how they created their revenue model of charging for mods. Creation Club is most likely a huge revenue maker for them now, and they know if they switch engine's it could make that more difficult or require a complete re-work on their little nugget, which also sees players fixing their own bugs free of internal labor costs and even making money on it to boot.
Yeah. Modding is an essential part of TES / FO for me. I don't know about id Tech but Unreal would facilitate that. The drop in reverse compatibility with an engine change would be worth it for all the easy ways that modding can be done in UE.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All the boredom and grind of No Man's Sky with all the bugs of a Bethesda Game? Yeah, hard pass on this one.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

I don’t have enough background in either to comment. I tried to play around with creation engine and was totally lost.

However my understanding is the core concepts in creation engine are approximately the same, so letting people with 15ish years of experience tinker with it might be more appealing to them than starting from scratch