Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching videos on the ship building is crazy, did not realize the depths it goes. Feels so weird to have such crazy ship building, but then the space combat is more of an arcade game.

I don't mind it that much, I don't want a flight simulator, just a weird dichotomy.

And you can apparently build an entire shipyard in your outpost. Why?

Preparation for first DLC? Since it's called "Shattered Space".

Just feels like all that amazing work into the shipbuilding is for show only.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Similar to the lol fun levels of "base building" in Fallout 4.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Base building in FO4 was fun. I made a flying starship base and a massive settlement using the gun storage trick to let me bypass the build limits.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My big disappointment in FO4 is that the outpost building didn't support essentially cleaning up the wastelands. My dream FO4 ending was repurposing the entire area to rebuild a civilization. Kind of a dumb idea, but appeals to my love for sandbox games.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Cybsled

Then you side Institute and pretend there is an actual ending involving that lol

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Then you side Institute and pretend there is an actual ending involving that lol
That was what made me think it was possible. It felt like it was building up to tag-teaming a return of Boston from the shithole wasteland to the art used in the intro of the game. The lack of that made FO4 the only BGS game I've ever not done a second playthrough of since Daggerfall.

Cybsled

Bethesda has no reason for Fallout to become less post apocalyptic, which is why almost every game inevitably ends with the advanced factions either being the bad guys or relegated to some status quo standing

When Fallout 5 comes out, you just know they’ll go with Institute was destroyed and Minute Men win as the canon ending

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Starfield's space system was supposed to be much more involved I guess. The scrap redesign limited it to arcade style. I would bet the first DLC brings with it a ton of extra space features they couldn't get done in the stop start of that which happened fall of last year.

Either way, these people NEED to quit fucking using Gamebryo.

HDR is a joke. Really tired of seeing SDR palletes remarked in Auto HDR.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Starfield's space system was supposed to be much more involved I guess. The scrap redesign limited it to arcade style. I would bet the first DLC brings with it a ton of extra space features they couldn't get done in the stop start of that which happened fall of last year.

Either way, these people NEED to quit fucking using Gamebryo.

HDR is a joke. Really tired of seeing SDR palletes remarked in Auto HDR.

Would love a tagteam between BGS and EpicGames to make an open-sourceish ES6 in UE5.

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
So, is all the junk picked up along the way useful in any manner? I mean tools like bolt cutters and shit - useful one day or mostly vendor loot?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So, is all the junk picked up along the way useful in any manner? I mean tools like bolt cutters and shit - useful one day or mostly vendor loot?
It's vendor loot. And its weight/value ratio is really low. Really, it's just flavor loot and meant to express the purpose of a room in an interactable, sandboxy way rather than being a resource for players to harvest.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's vendor loot. And its weight/value ratio is really low. Really, it's just flavor loot and meant to express the purpose of a room in an interactable, sandboxy way rather than being a resource for players to harvest.
That shit is annoying.

With how much of it there is and with it looking no less special than actual crafting it ends up being a pita collecting mats. Thank god for the mod that tells you if something is a crafting mat before picking it up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Some of the junk loot can be valuable. The antique stuff usually sells for around 300-500 per without the barter skill and usually doesn’t weigh a lot. Depending on how you resolve the generation ship questline, you can get a decent supply of antique stuff to sell

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Lol start living in the real world. Ok.

Their future where all the military is female is a fucking fantasy. Any civilization that continually puts their women in danger will cease to exist. Pure fucking fantasy.

Did you say the same when you saw Aliens?

• 1Potato

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Did you say the same when you saw Aliens?
I can tell you I had zero complaints about the gender distribution of the Starship Troopers coed showers when my dad took me to the theatre to see it when I was 12.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wondering how long its going to take modders until we can land on a planet named Skyrim, or Morrowind, or hell - if the game allows it - the whole planet of Nirn.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can say that if a modder unlocks flying your starship on-planet AND implements being able to find the perfect union of resources on a planet that will be a must-have mod. Right now that's the worst part of outpost building.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if a mod is even capable of doing that. Similar mods in terms of architecture like New Vegas where it was all one seemless environment only existed because the game had it architected in. Just spliced it up because of console limitations of the time.

In Starfields case its like they are totally different app systems.