Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Has anyone found any interesting apparel items?

Not much. It's all pretty mediocre stat wise and worst of all ugly and uninteresting. The apparel design has been a huge disappointment trying to dress up my space girl. Too much asymmetric folds of space leather. Neon Dancer Outfit is funny at least, but mostly apparel hasn't been fun at all. And too many clunky, ugly space suits. I want sleeker stuff like in mass effect. Between shitty dress up ability and ship decorations resetting has been pretty meh.

1694972354223.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Today I learned that legendary (probably all) affixes don't stack, sadly. Was thinking I could get -100% weapon weight but only one of them was active. Same with Resource Hauler so I'm sure it applies to all of them.

To be clear affixes of the same type, but with different names will stack. Like the +40 capacity stacks with the +20 for +60 total.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I finally ditched the Razorleaf and used one of the stolen ecliptic ships. I really wish I had made this decision long ago. I switched all the weapons to the long-range particle beams and upgraded everything I could and it's an absolute beast on very hard. Destroys everything and doesn't take much damage even in three and four ship fights. No idea if it's one of the better ships you can steal but I definitely recommend an upgrade if you've been holding on to the Razorleaf for a long time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Once you unlock everything (L60, piloting 4, design 4) you might as well go back to the Razorleaf since it's the only ship with a unique ability. Not actually all that useful, but it's something I guess.

Unless there's something you can't get by just buying parts within the Crimson Fleet storyline? I still haven't gotten around to doing that series.

Semi-related, a ship building tip I have is to use the Vanguard shield as soon as you can handle the mass. Even if you only power it up to 6, it's still considerably stronger than the standard 6-power shields.

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I still haven't touched ship building, but I finally decided to plop 400k down and buy a Narwhal. Fantastic ship...except for the whole interior. Ladders and maze everywhere. I literally do everything from the cockpit now. Even if I want to exit the ship and I had to stand up for some reason, I still sit back down and then use the command from there, because it is still quicker.

At some point I need to just build a ship, or even upgrade this one, but I keep hearing how I won't have all the parts unlocked until later levels so I keep putting it off. I'm only 25 so I know there is a long ways to go to get all the parts (and I don't want to exploit levels).

What is the unique ability for the Razorleaf? The one where some pirates run away?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Which one of you is this that made a video about my idea?!

He doesn't have all the details fleshed out like I do though, like the fact that if one doesn't land that means it is already on the ground, or saving from the cockpit (he does mention trying to save before you hear the boom but that's pretty iffy).

He does shoot the fucking UC Vanguard Raptor pilots for being faggots though, so that's worth a like from me.

He also got a Falcata which is the one I was hunting for and never got, and I saw his level at 28 at some points in the video, so I don't know if I'm just barely not there or I have terrible luck or what. But Dick clearly got some better ships at much higher level, so maybe I am just a tad too low.

I see he has a follow up that I'll link below with a bunch of ships he stole and he claims they are "legendary" so who knows. That's a much longer video that I don't have time to watch until tonight but I'll be sure to check his level if I can see it.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I swear to god the ship design UI was created by a team of retarded monkeys who where birthed at Chernobyl.

Why cant i save a design in progress?
Why cant i filter by reactor class?
Why doesnt it specifically tell you how your design as exceeded limitations instead of a generic "its exceeded limitations" message?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Has anyone found any interesting apparel items?

Only unique ones that actually do something special I've found are Orlase's Lab Coat (Chance to craft weapon mods for free), and the two you get while doing Ryujin's storyline. For actual combat usage the only good thing I've found is a 'pirate swashbuckler gear' with 20 phys resist and +5% crit dmg.

Doubtful until xEdit gets released for Starfield. It's definitely annoying, they all have a chirp every time you come into range of them, but them coming into the cockpit to sit down at a station is within the range so they constantly talk. Plus any conversations they have among themselves (Sam and Cora especially) can be heard no matter where you are.

On the bright side, Barrett's are the ones that annoy me the most, and it seems that it's true that his particle beam systems skill does absolutely nothing for damage so I'm on my way right now to ditch him for Omari.
If you do the Stryker quest line, you get a pretty cool looking set of clothes that give the crit damage buff. Only other one I've found is the fitted suit from the corpo quest for the 10% persuasion.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I finally ditched the Razorleaf and used one of the stolen ecliptic ships. I really wish I had made this decision long ago. I switched all the weapons to the long-range particle beams and upgraded everything I could and it's an absolute beast on very hard. Destroys everything and doesn't take much damage even in three and four ship fights. No idea if it's one of the better ships you can steal but I definitely recommend an upgrade if you've been holding on to the Razorleaf for a long time.
Which ship are you using? I think the only one I'm stolen is a bayonet from Ecliptic.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Mainlined the story and finished it just now. Approx 28 hours for me (did a bunch of side content early one).

The main story got interesting for a bit there, but I kind of hate the direction they took with it. I'm sure some people will enjoy it, but personally I can't stand multiverse nonsense. Overall, I'm mostly disappointed with just how safe the story it is at every turn, especially in regard to anything political or religious. I wish they had created their own unique fantasy setting instead of loosely basing it on our history/universe.

Oh, well. They did a competent job with the looter/shooter aspect (except the insane weight limits even with perks) of the game and some of the main missions were quite enjoyable, but it's probably a 6/10 for me. The whole "getting around" aspect of the game is just so unbelievably poorly executed that I am in still in disbelief that they were comfortable launching a space exploration game in this state. I'm basically in agreement with this guy's take:

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned is stealing ships in space is a bit easier when it comes to swapping them back. Disabling an enemy ship with weapons that destroy systems, then dock, take it over.

Undock from your main ship and immediately go into the ship UI and make the stolen ship your home ship. Then your old ship is a blue marker on the HUD and starts to fly off, but you can redock, board, and pilot your main ship again to make it the home ship. The ship you just stole flies off now too but is kept in your ship list.

Only tricky part is if the stolen ship is damaged too much might be hard to catch and redock with you main ship to swap them back over as it starts to fly off. And can at least see what ships you're fighting if there's a specific one you're looking for, but have to fly around getting random events to trigger (or reload saves).

Why they didn't just have an option to send a stolen ship to base I don't know, but redocking the main ship to take it over at least saves flying to a ship services tech as a sort of work around.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Narwhal. Fantastic ship...except for the whole interior. Ladders and maze everywhere.

I got a Va'ruun Eulogy ship to land. Same issue with ladders and maze interior. The thing is three levels, with a top mount cockpit. Was a crew of 22 Va'ruun I had to clear in what felt like a fortress. Was pretty epic. Thought the borg had come to assimilate me.

It's class B, but aside from decent engines the rest of the core parts aren't great so not worth bothering tood into something useful except to keep it as a novelty or to make a huge Battlestar in the future since it's 272k worth of parts. But it's a fun behemoth with a maze of an interior.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I got a Va'ruun Eulogy ship to land. Same issue with ladders and maze interior. The thing is three levels, with a top mount cockpit. Was a crew of 22 Va'ruun I had to clear in what felt like a fortress. Was pretty epic. Thought the borg had come to assimilate me.

It's class B, but aside from decent engines the rest of the core parts aren't great so not worth bothering tood into something useful except to keep it as a novelty or to make a huge Battlestar in the future since it's 272k worth of parts. But it's a fun behemoth with a maze of an interior.

Jesus that's huge. What level are you?

I just finally got a Falcata to land at level 26, and of course it pales in comparison to the Narwhal. However, I'm going to use it for all of my ship builder leveling up/unique parts thing because until I know wtf I'm doing I'll practice on the Camaro so I don't fuck up my Ferrari.

Molten Core Raider
I swear to god the ship design UI was created by a team of retarded monkeys who where birthed at Chernobyl.

Why cant i save a design in progress?
Why cant i filter by reactor class?
Why doesnt it specifically tell you how your design as exceeded limitations instead of a generic "its exceeded limitations" message?
Add in "why does every single loose item from coffee cups, to pens, etc all get moved to my cargo hold when i make one single change to my ship". Want to change a color on one piece of your ship? Fuck you, your cargo hold is now full with all this crap again. Yeah it's free money because it keeps respawning these items even if you sell them, but it's so annoying to have to deal with it over and over if you like to build ships.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You also get a pretty nice ship from Freestar when you complete quest. The first ship I stole was petty good as well, big fucker Crimson fleet Banshee. It needs some weapon upgrades and prolly some more stuff and its only class B but its a pretty nice ship. Was perfect because I only have Class B so far. Tried to steal another and it was UC somethingorother, another big ass ship but could not pilot it. Need to rank up some more.

But I see those ships landing at almost every planet I go to. Almost, not every. At first I didnt know wtf was going on until I read some of this thread. But some are closer to your landing than others. Some are out as far as 1000+meters and thats a fucking hike. So my recommend is to find a place where the landing is more close to where you land so youre not trucking a kilometer to try and get it.

Also I would do this strictly for either ship parts or just the shiops themselves, by the time you pay the reg fee and try and sell it, you get jack and shit. Plus money is really no concern in this game unless youre buying those ships from vendors, which for the life of me IDK why the hell you would since they are free with a bit of farm.

Here is a nice DB...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Awesome, I got one the other day. Other biggest ship is a UC Roanoke. The eulogies pretty cool though. I agree the interior layouts kind of Goofy I've been thinking about trying to modify or switch out the modules to make it a little bit more easy to access.

Void Void saw your question to popsicledeath popsicledeath , I got mine on that level 20 moon I had talked about the other day, and I think my level at the time was maybe 27 or 28. I've definitely noticed more big ships since I hit 30, and I've started to strike out into higher level systems. Now that I've got flight level 4, curious whether or not I might start seeing class c ships. Dinner really get a chance to play today because I was out fishing, but I think I'll mess round with it tomorrow evening, share the results.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Add in "why does every single loose item from coffee cups, to pens, etc all get moved to my cargo hold when i make one single change to my ship". Want to change a color on one piece of your ship? Fuck you, your cargo hold is now full with all this crap again. Yeah it's free money because it keeps respawning these items even if you sell them, but it's so annoying to have to deal with it over and over if you like to build ships.
I think when you take over a ship and it's hauling random goods, even if you haven't actually picked them up, maybe it considers it to be the cargo so it flips over to whatever current ship you're using, even though it's not stored in the hold. I noticed that the other day going to a vendor to get rid of contraband, and had a whole bunch of coffee cups and random shit. I didn't pick any of it up, but I know when I take another ships sometimes there's a cargo hold that has just a multitude of random crappy items. That's the only thing I can think of that might cause it.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
You also get a pretty nice ship from Freestar when you complete quest. The first ship I stole was petty good as well, big fucker Crimson fleet Banshee. It needs some weapon upgrades and prolly some more stuff and its only class B but its a pretty nice ship. Was perfect because I only have Class B so far. Tried to steal another and it was UC somethingorother, another big ass ship but could not pilot it. Need to rank up some more.

But I see those ships landing at almost every planet I go to. Almost, not every. At first I didnt know wtf was going on until I read some of this thread. But some are closer to your landing than others. Some are out as far as 1000+meters and thats a fucking hike. So my recommend is to find a place where the landing is more close to where you land so youre not trucking a kilometer to try and get it.

Also I would do this strictly for either ship parts or just the shiops themselves, by the time you pay the reg fee and try and sell it, you get jack and shit. Plus money is really no concern in this game unless youre buying those ships from vendors, which for the life of me IDK why the hell you would since they are free with a bit of farm.

Here is a nice DB...
You're registering through the player stat / ship menu right? You'll get about 20% increase in profit. Still not amazing but it's better than paying the guy at a starport.

Cybsled

You can also get a pretty good C-Class for free if you do the Overdesigned quest that Stroud gives you and convince the project manager to do the "Kitchen Sink" design. It is ladder heavy, but the interior feels very starship-like.

• 1Like