Stargirl

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Cute white blonde girl that doesn't have nudes of her getting plowed leaked all over the internet. Supergirl was one of my favorite comic character given the crazy diverse iterations of her character over the 80's and 90's and it ended up going full on woke girl power when that was literally the opposite of who she was or the conflicts portrayed. Rebel girl teenager in the 80's, robot replica dealing with her existence, sidelining Lex Luthor and realizing he's a douchebag, and they basically shit on all of that with a shitty lesbian sister story where she's not even the main character.

Stargirl is a girl picking up her father's power and continuing his legacy. I hope against hope they do this one justice. Pun sorta intended.

Biggest problem CW has is its actors getting too big for their pants. Stephen Amell figured he'd ratchet off a career but he's a terrible actor. Flash is a Glee has-been with better secondary characters. Legends the same thing when Dr. Who's Rory felt he was too good for the show when he was the best thing about it, but had no where else to go. I barely want to even mention the gutter they pulled Black Lightning out of.

I'm a huge DC fanboi. I'll watch this. Even if I end up disappointed. I can always go back and rewatch the later seasons of Smallville. Even if Chloe was involved in a sex cult.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Cute white blonde girl that doesn't have nudes of her getting plowed leaked all over the internet. Supergirl was one of my favorite comic character given the crazy diverse iterations of her character over the 80's and 90's and it ended up going full on woke girl power when that was literally the opposite of who she was or the conflicts portrayed. Rebel girl teenager in the 80's, robot replica dealing with her existence, sidelining Lex Luthor and realizing he's a douchebag, and they basically shit on all of that with a shitty lesbian sister story where she's not even the main character.

Stargirl is a girl picking up her father's power and continuing his legacy. I hope against hope they do this one justice. Pun sorta intended.

Biggest problem CW has is its actors getting too big for their pants. Stephen Amell figured he'd ratchet off a career but he's a terrible actor. Flash is a Glee has-been with better secondary characters. Legends the same thing when Dr. Who's Rory felt he was too good for the show when he was the best thing about it, but had no where else to go. I barely want to even mention the gutter they pulled Black Lightning out of.

I'm a huge DC fanboi. I'll watch this. Even if I end up disappointed. I can always go back and rewatch the later seasons of Smallville. Even if Chloe was involved in a sex cult.

I would disagree on your analysis of Legends. Once that show stopped trying to take itself seriously (i.e. when Rip left) they started finding a groove. They not only realize their premise is a bit silly, but fully lean into it and own it. I've actually enjoyed that show more than any of the other CW shows, and I DESPERATELY want to like the Flash more.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I stopped watching The Flash during the Cicada story line. Is it still shit?

This season has waffled around some. I WANT to say it's better. But the writing is still essentially crap since they apparently don't remember their own worldbuilding from episode to episode, let alone season to season. When watching it Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I will usually keep track of how often one of us asks why they didn't solve a problem the easy and obvious way and the other has to say "Bad writing"...

Also, they're cutting this season short due to Covid, apparently to wrap it up at the beginning of next season. Only thing I think to look forward to will be a black Flash outfit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This season has waffled around some. I WANT to say it's better. But the writing is still essentially crap since they apparently don't remember their own worldbuilding from episode to episode, let alone season to season. When watching it Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I will usually keep track of how often one of us asks why they didn't solve a problem the easy and obvious way and the other has to say "Bad writing"...

Also, they're cutting this season short due to Covid, apparently to wrap it up at the beginning of next season. Only thing I think to look forward to will be a black Flash outfit.
Yeah, I just don't understand why writing a good story arc is so difficult. They literally have decades of Flash comic material to draw from. Hell, why not bring onboard some of the DC comic writers of yore for inspiration? It can't be that hard.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, I just don't understand why writing a good story arc is so difficult. They literally have decades of Flash comic material to draw from. Hell, why not bring onboard some of the DC comic writers of yore for inspiration? It can't be that hard.
They bog themselves down with the personal character drama. The Flash people need to look closer at what the Legends people are doing and take some notes. Flash doesn't have to be as "campy" but it does need a bit more humor and lightheartedness on the show.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Another thing I've seen a lot of these shows (not just CW shows, but other ensemble shows like Brooklyn nine nine even) is that they get so wrapped up in making sure every side character has a "meaningful development arc" that suddenly they're needing to concurrently run multiple plot thread and often not weaving them together well. In the Flash for instance we just saw , in one episode...

- Flash dealing with Iris personal drama (tied to main story arc)
- Joe West dealing with separation issues... (at least tied to main story arc)
- Wells and rando-McLightPowersGirl dealing with her not being able to accept that she reminds him of someone he lost and cared about (WTF?!? this should have been a 30 second discussion between them)
- Frost and Elongated Man learning to life coach?!? (Because they're needing to derail her because the actress is knocked up)
- Cisco just being a whiny bitch because they can't seem to stand him being happy. (at least vaguely tied to main arc)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thats what usually tanks a show after its third season. Fan favorites becomes a thing so tv execs think they`re doing everyone a service by giving you more than you can stand of them. Then you get sick of them, but its too late because the show sucks now because of all the hijacking the story to pander to those characters. One of the reasons why those "will they, wont they" romance tropes in shows are deadly cancer.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Castle didn't really go off the rails until season 6 ended. Bracken's arrest should have been the series finale.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Castle didn't really go off the rails until season 6 ended. Bracken's arrest should have been the series finale.

Well the fact that Fillion and Katic weren't getting along in real life hurt the show. They were gonna kill Katic off in season 7 but I guess some other show also had some big death so they held it off. I think the Castle/Beckett relationship moving to couple from flirty partners killed the show.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
castle and beckett had great chemistry as a will they/won't they couple. as soon as it got closer than that the show lost it's luster. it's actually one of the things i appreciate about the rookie. the show starts off with nolan and lucy dating, then moved away from that pretty quickly and avoided any real break up drama that was BOUND to happen if things continued.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
First episode is out and it's actually not bad.

Seems rather fun and not edgy as fuck.

Season long plot could be good with the old villains embedded in the town for whatever reason.

Fucker

Log Wizard
First episode is out and it's actually not bad.

Seems rather fun and not edgy as fuck.

Season long plot could be good with the old villains embedded in the town for whatever reason.

It's not bad at all. Certainly 100,000,000x better than shit like Thupergurl and Batbitch.

• 1Garbage

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Totally agree. 2-1/2 thumbs up for me. She's a cutie, wish we could've seen more of her in those shorts.

• 1Pathetic