Stargirl

Caliane

whatever the reason its still pretty decent, though there is a subtle undercurrent which i hope doesnt reveal itself big time. that this is all some crazy eugenics experiment in the town. when the principal announced the school is the top 1% of the country and everyone in town seems to be super white bread. its setting off some red flags. here's to hoping its nothing.
town hall meeting was pretty multi-cultural. Although that whole speech and town leader thing was a bit odd. yeah, probably something there.
H.I.V.E town or something..

Legacy is a bit thing for stargirl. but no, Starman is not her bio dad in the comics. Bio dad is a low level thug.

Starman(jack knight, son of ted knight the first starman) retires and just gives her the Cosmic staff.
the step-dad is a superhero/sidekick thing is the same.

"omg, my stepdad is so lame, making us move to this new town. wtf step-dad was a superhero!? I wanna be a superhero too!" courtney joins her stepdad as star spangled kid.
makes a name for herself, Jack retires and hands over the staff to her. starts calling herself Stargirl.

Sylvester was the star spangled kid, and Courtney starts with the cosmic converter belt, from him.

Also always needs to be mentioned. She was created by Geoff Johns in memory of his sister Courtney who died in TWA flight 800.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
It's good fun.

As a joyless nitpicker I have a few random comments :

- Dad starts getting into shape and disappearing for lengthy periods of time with super hot 15yr old stepdaughter, coming up with awkward excuses when asked what they were doing ? ;p
- I have fun imagining the chain of events that led to Brainwave being found outside the hospital. Presumably they didn't fly him there on a giant rocket robot, and I'm assuming stargirl didn't carry him while balancing on the staff. What did they do ? Go home and get the car then come and pick him up ?
No mention of him wearing a supervillain outfit - did they strip him off and change clothes ? Whose clothes did they give him ?
;p

Well, they actually ended up explaining that in today's episode.

I like that the story is progressing rather quickly. I just hope the teen JSA we're heading toward does not have too much teen drama.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Well, they actually ended up explaining that in today's episode.

I like that the story is progressing rather quickly. I just hope the teen JSA we're heading toward does not have too much teen drama.

Yeah, that was actually quite reasonable. Touche writers ;p

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
From Fedor Fedor

jc8mt4ux1y051.jpg

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
whatever the reason its still pretty decent, though there is a subtle undercurrent which i hope doesnt reveal itself big time. that this is all some crazy eugenics experiment in the town. when the principal announced the school is the top 1% of the country and everyone in town seems to be super white bread. its setting off some red flags. here's to hoping its nothing.

There was a person of color who came up to say hi to the new folks in the first episode so I don't think they are going with that angle. Coming from a small Nebraska town very similar to what is in this show, when I saw that scene I immediately said "nope."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
From the poster that was released with the show we know who the new Wildcat, Hourman, and Dr. MidNite are....I wonder who the new Thunderbolt / Fate / Lantern are...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i havent been following Flash or Arrow for years because bad television, but which Flash was in this Justice Society? Wally? would that make this the earth that reverse flash came from as well?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i havent been following Flash or Arrow for years because bad television, but which Flash was in this Justice Society? Wally? would that make this the earth that reverse flash came from as well?
Jay Garrick.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
so which Earth was Jay Garrick? or does it not matter because he could be from multiple versions of that Earth?

Well, I believe in the Flash show Jay Garrick was Earth 2. The needed timing and such of this show means it can't be that Earth. So this would be some , as of yet un-numbered" Earth in the Arrowverse. Since after Crisis they THINK the multiverse is no more, but they made clear it still is. Just seems the mechanics of universe hopping got seriously nerfed.

Also, nice to know she's 21. Good research job team!

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
What is the deal with the school maintenance guy, will he wind up being a decommissioned super hero that survived the massacre 10 years ago and now he is under deep cover?

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah they are hinting at a lot of stuff but could be red herring too.

I was pretty sure she'd end up recruiting the magician's kid but we all saw how that ended up lol.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What is the deal with the school maintenance guy, will he wind up being a decommissioned super hero that survived the massacre 10 years ago and now he is under deep cover?

That is Sir Justin AKA the Shining Knight one of the Seven Soldiers of Victory.