Stargirl

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I believe it is Tuesday for CW. The DC Streaming edition was Monday.
yeah, i looked it up, i figured it would take longer for this to hit the "usual places " though. btw that was a pretty damned good pilot. Stargirl is a cutie. lots of fun in there. a good start, lets hope it continues.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Good use of Luke Wilson. Was worried there for a bit that it was going to be a super slow burn, but the third act made up for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm trying to watch this. It's whatever. I'm not the demographic, but I'll finish the episode. Just got through the part where she gets the staff, some of that was so bad. BUT, what I *LIKE* about this is that they don't keep throwing it in my face its a GIRL. It just happens to be a girl with powers now. And that's awesome, and they don't rub it in. This is how you make a female superhero!

edit: This is too gay / childish for me. I can't watch this. The show is actually fine but just not for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Watched the pilot tonight... Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus was skeptical, I was optimistic reading on here and a few reviews.

I'll give it a solid "entertaining without being ham fisted with crap". The dialogue could use a little work, but they'll get it smoothed out I'm sure. By the end of the episode I believe Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus was around 125% onboard with it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
Great second episode.

It's actually a nice break from the standard CW fare I think. It's fun.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I've been watching s6 of Flash on Netflix. It is so much better when you can just binge it instead of the whole weekly drama bombs and shit. Makes the plot flow a lot better.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I watched the first episode and thought the main girl came across as annoying and entitled. Not sure if the second episode was better or not. The message seems to be having the right genetics to be a hero not be heroic.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Great second episode.

It's actually a nice break from the standard CW fare I think. It's fun.

It's good fun.

As a joyless nitpicker I have a few random comments :

- Dad starts getting into shape and disappearing for lengthy periods of time with super hot 15yr old stepdaughter, coming up with awkward excuses when asked what they were doing ? ;p
- I have fun imagining the chain of events that led to Brainwave being found outside the hospital. Presumably they didn't fly him there on a giant rocket robot, and I'm assuming stargirl didn't carry him while balancing on the staff. What did they do ? Go home and get the car then come and pick him up ?
No mention of him wearing a supervillain outfit - did they strip him off and change clothes ? Whose clothes did they give him ?
;p

• 1Picard

Malkav

French Madman
I was too distracted by the shorts and bare midriff costume to actually notice and nitpick those points.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Second episode still holding up well. Dialogue slowly improving.

minor nitpick...
If the staff could short out his brain like that why didn't Joel McHale do that 10 years ago?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Okay, so does this not suck because the writer is Geoff Johns?
It had a bigger budget cuz it was supposed to be a DCU thing. I am sure it helps that Johns is there since it's his character, but it's still the Berlanti crew in the background.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
whatever the reason its still pretty decent, though there is a subtle undercurrent which i hope doesnt reveal itself big time. that this is all some crazy eugenics experiment in the town. when the principal announced the school is the top 1% of the country and everyone in town seems to be super white bread. its setting off some red flags. here's to hoping its nothing.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
whatever the reason its still pretty decent, though there is a subtle undercurrent which i hope doesnt reveal itself big time. that this is all some crazy eugenics experiment in the town. when the principal announced the school is the top 1% of the country and everyone in town seems to be super white bread. its setting off some red flags. here's to hoping its nothing.
Hmm...you're right. We might be getting set up. :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm going to let this one percolate a bit before I watch it. Definitely enjoying Flash more as a binge thing with no commercials.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm going to let this one percolate a bit before I watch it. Definitely enjoying Flash more as a binge thing with no commercials.
I never picked up much in the way of SJW propaganda with the Flash. It's just the writing and stories were so awfully boring. Plus his solution to fighting the baddies is to run around in circles and get knocked out.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I never picked up much in the way of SJW propaganda with the Flash. It's just the writing and stories were so awfully boring. Plus his solution to fighting the baddies is to run around in circles and get knocked out.
They pretty much baked in it by blackwashing Iris and haven't focused on it much since. Between her being hot and Jesse Martin being a decent actor it worked out decently. The slow plot is what being able to binge eliminates.

The Flash comics were always at their best when they focused more on the speedforce and the wacky stuff, and not about the personal drama.