Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think they guessed who would win each day.

Actually on topic: Saw Transistor was up for voting a while back, so I assume it'll roll around to Flash/Daily deal. Loved Bastion, Transistor worth picking up during the sale?
more like the people at valve read steam / are those people - hail corporate.

Transistor is worth it - I don't feel bad for paying $20.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If you are looking for an FPS, buy Shadow Warrior, the best shooter of last year in my opinion.

Melee fighting, decent choice of weapons, well implemented rpg elements, story so cheesy it's great, great level design, secrets, huge bosses, the game has it all. ~10 hours of playtime on normal.

spronk

FPS noob
if you are gonna buy some shit on steam in the next week, may wanna swing by best buy today and pick up a Razor Deathadder mouse ($69.99) and $50 steam card. The steam card is free with the mouse, and you can PM at the register to newegg (have a mobile phone with the webpage up already, register reps can't access the internet) to $49.99, making the mouse free. If you have balls like a motherfucker you can ask for a gift receipt for the mouse, and return the mouse for a full refund later basically getting a $50 steam card for free. Its a shady as fuck thing to do though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
if you are gonna buy some shit on steam in the next week, may wanna swing by best buy today and pick up a Razor Deathadder mouse ($69.99) and $50 steam card. The steam card is free with the mouse, and you can PM at the register to newegg (have a mobile phone with the webpage up already, register reps can't access the internet) to $49.99, making the mouse free. If you have balls like a motherfucker you can ask for a gift receipt for the mouse, and return the mouse for a full refund later basically getting a $50 steam card for free. Its a shady as fuck thing to do though.
As I posted earlier, this falls well into the YMMV category of deals. Best Buy specifically does not price match 'deal of the day' offers, so you'll have to find someone really clueless or that simply doesn't give a fuck in order to get it for less than $70. I tried and got denied both online and at a store.

If your local Best Buy isn't a very convenient drive, I would suggest not wasting your time. (Unless you wanted a DeathAdder anyway, in which case $20 net is still a good deal.)

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I've managed to spend $75 and I thought I already owned everything I ever wanted.

Fuck.
I just got back into PC gaming and fucking Steam is so wrong. The deals are just to damned good to pass up.

anyways, anyone ever play the Tropico Games? i got Tropico 3 just to test it out and its pretty damned fun. I may have to get 4. At least i think thats the newest one.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Put one point into a Purple victory! Woohoo...bring on my .0001% chance of free games!

spronk

FPS noob
I just got back into PC gaming and fucking Steam is so wrong. The deals are just to damned good to pass up.

anyways, anyone ever play the Tropico Games? i got Tropico 3 just to test it out and its pretty damned fun. I may have to get 4. At least i think thats the newest one.
tropica 5 just was recently released. the parent company is known as a shovelware company, they just put out a lot of crap. that said, tropica is pretty decent but its pretty much the same game at 3, 4, and 5 with minor tweaking so if you own one of them, you pretty much are getting 90% of the game. i think 4 has some more faction based stuff no clue about 5

and yeah the best buy deal is very ymmv, the cashiers at the front of the store though generally don't give a fuck

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
If you are looking for an FPS, buy Shadow Warrior, the best shooter of last year in my opinion.

Melee fighting, decent choice of weapons, well implemented rpg elements, story so cheesy it's great, great level design, secrets, huge bosses, the game has it all. ~10 hours of playtime on normal.
The "Metro: Last Light" stuff is great as well.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Do yourselves a favor and buy the Serious Sam pack. The older games are a little dated, but still fun. SS3 is fun and the spin-off games are great.

spronk

FPS noob
The "Metro: Last Light" stuff is great as well.
there is some sorta metro last light redux thing coming out next month, i never played the game so dont know shit about it but it looks like a remake in a new engine or something? seems kind of a cheap thing to do, isn't the game only like 2 or 3 years old

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
As I posted earlier, this falls well into the YMMV category of deals. Best Buy specifically does not price match 'deal of the day' offers, so you'll have to find someone really clueless or that simply doesn't give a fuck in order to get it for less than $70. I tried and got denied both online and at a store.

If your local Best Buy isn't a very convenient drive, I would suggest not wasting your time. (Unless you wanted a DeathAdder anyway, in which case $20 net is still a good deal.)
I went down to Best Buy a few hours ago and they had no problems matching either New Egg or Amazon since it was 49.99 at both and neither required special promo codes or logging in or anything. I've had Best Buy not want to match New Egg prices that require a promo code, even though the promo code is publicly available (something I've argued with a manager there and had them agree to price match because it's not strictly against their policy unless it's an 'exclusive' deal, but whatev).

Not sure how people are getting denied on the mouse, though, as 49.99 is just the sale price on both sites. It's was the easiest transaction I've ever done at Best Buy. And I can tell you as a manager at a competitor we find every way to price match that we can so you'll get into the store having had a good experience and might come back. Otherwise, you end up with a potential customer going on a message board telling other people to not bother going to the store. Best Buy are sometimes dicks, though, and more often just find it easier to say 'no' so they don't have to do extra work.

Oh, and they made sure to order he mouse into the store for me so I could be sure to get a gift receipt... $$$

$50 bucks to spend on Steam now... Thanks, this thread!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Battlefront 2 is on flash sale right now for 3 bucks and change. Don't let the "We closed multiplayer down last month" fool you. There's plenty of dedicated servers.

If you never played this game, you need to. It's a lot of fun.