Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Column_sl

shitlord
Steam is really fucked up right now.

Also, are the community choice games supposed to be higher then the daily deals?

They are listing that lego game for a penny more. I thought the community choice was supposed to trump the daily.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Community Choice and flash deals are supposed to equal the daily. That LEGO game is really dumb though, it'll be on sale through community choice while it's already on sale for the daily price.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Friend of mine tried gifting me Dungeon Defenders, he bought the 4 pack. I got the email that I received a gift, but I can't receive the gift in the steam client. So I try doing it on the website, as it provides a link, and says you've been gifted the game, click here to start downloading it. Click it, and I get "Scanning for Steam license updates" forever, and it never stops. Close down and reopen Steam and DD isn't in my library. Will try again tomorrow I guess.
frown.png

Googling the issue either has people re-installing Steam, deleting a file, or contacting support. Will try these out tomorrow, and should get it cleared up. Their support usually is pretty good.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Friend of mine tried gifting me Dungeon Defenders, he bought the 4 pack. I got the email that I received a gift, but I can't receive the gift in the steam client. So I try doing it on the website, as it provides a link, and says you've been gifted the game, click here to start downloading it. Click it, and I get "Scanning for Steam license updates" forever, and it never stops. Close down and reopen Steam and DD isn't in my library. Will try again tomorrow I guess.
frown.png

Googling the issue either has people re-installing Steam, deleting a file, or contacting support. Will try these out tomorrow, and should get it cleared up. Their support usually is pretty good.
Contact support they will fix it.

Menion_sl

shitlord
I love going to buy games during the Steam Summer Sale only to have the client tell me that I already own them! Sooooo many unplayed games in my library.

spronk

FPS noob
for those on the fence on saints row 4, keep in mind they are releasing a new version - saints row 4 National Treasure or some shit - in July, which will include every DLC (basically GOTY edition) for $20. It should be $5-10 in the winter sale, so unless you plan on playing SR4 now probably better to wait. Of course the ultimate edition right now gives you a free copy of SR3 GOTY so thats pretty good, I thought SR3 was way better than SR4 which got way too goofy for me.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like Valve got annoyed on how a single team was dominating per day so they spread out the free game rewards for 1st 2nd and 3rd place teams.

Anyone play Blackguards?

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i played blackguards its pretty meh i thought. if you really, really, really love turn based sword & magic combat then you may like it. The storyline was pretty terrible, the voice acting sucked, the quests were all crappy, and I found the fighting boring as fuck after a while. it felt like an indie game trying to be AAA but not even coming close. Might and Magic whatever (the newest one) was much better imo.

if you are close to finishing a summer badge i'd trade/buy any cards you are missing and get er done, i finally crafted one and I got a blue team token which I sold for $3 (why would anyone wanna be on the blue team??), it cost me 40 cents to buy the two cards i was missing so its all profit, baby

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah i played blackguards its pretty meh i thought. if you really, really, really love turn based sword & magic combat then you may like it. The storyline was pretty terrible, the voice acting sucked, the quests were all crappy, and I found the fighting boring as fuck after a while. it felt like an indie game trying to be AAA but not even coming close. Might and Magic whatever (the newest one) was much better imo.

if you are close to finishing a summer badge i'd trade/buy any cards you are missing and get er done, i finally crafted one and I got a blue team token which I sold for $3 (why would anyone wanna be on the blue team??), it cost me 40 cents to buy the two cards i was missing so its all profit, baby
I just crafted mine today, got a TF2 bundle pack (that I haven't opened yet and only selling for .62). I don't anticipate crafting another one so I'll probably sell cards I get from here on out for profit. I've been crafting the CS:GO badge so I get at least a point a day and it gets a free card plus in the running for free games.

Thanks on Blackguards, I'll pass. Definitely picking up Brothers though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They price match Amazon and Newegg now too, so you can get it all the way down to $49.99 using either of them.

Edit: They do not, however, price match the "deal of the day" so unless you buy it local from someone who doesn't know any better, you're not going to get a price match.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Looks like Valve got annoyed on how a single team was dominating per day so they spread out the free game rewards for 1st 2nd and 3rd place teams.
1st place reward is still exactly the same. They just added a 2nd place and 3rd place reward. Also each team won 1 day a piece, no team won 2.

Wow.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Im only steam level 6 for whatever dumb fuck reason, so im missing out on like 4 cards just from the daily deal votes. Pisses me the fuck off.

1st place reward is still exactly the same. They just added a 2nd place and 3rd place reward. Also each team won 1 day a piece, no team won 2.

Wow.
The contest is rigged to hell and gone.

It was rigged intentionally by people on Reddit. They were trying to make sure everyone got to win, and people avoided "wasting" points on days where their team was going to lose.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

Wow.
You missed the point. One team (red, blue, whatever) was dominating each day, which in turn led to the other teams to not even try.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was rigged intentionally by people on Reddit. They were trying to make sure everyone got to win, and people avoided "wasting" points on days where their team was going to lose.
I doubt the ~800 subscribers to r/steam plus lurkers could make the results so skewed. Inside job at valve after they saw purple team owning for two days imo.

I doubt the ~800 subscribers to r/steam plus lurkers could make the results so skewed. Inside job at valve after they saw purple team owning for two days imo.
I think you might be drastically underestimating the number of lurkers and people from other discussion boards that were doing the same thing on the same schedule. I'm a blue team. The thread told me on Friday that my team would win on Monday, and it did. I don't think they guessed who would win each day.

Actually on topic: Saw Transistor was up for voting a while back, so I assume it'll roll around to Flash/Daily deal. Loved Bastion, Transistor worth picking up during the sale?