Steam Deals and Digital Sales

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Does the Clasic Plan kick in if I sub from month to month or do I need a 12 month sub? I resubbed monthly 2 months ago, but clicked the pay now button this month to get the games instantly, donno if that qualifies for the Classic Plan.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Weird.. bunch of stuff went on sale today like an actual big steam sale... doesn't usually happen on a sunday... had 16 items on my wishlist go on it and got an email about it. So checked and apparently it's the "Singles day sale" on for 48 hours, just weird it happened on sunday and 2 weeks after the halloween sale when there's most likely another sale around black friday too.

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Does the Clasic Plan kick in if I sub from month to month or do I need a 12 month sub? I resubbed monthly 2 months ago, but clicked the pay now button this month to get the games instantly, donno if that qualifies for the Classic Plan.

Paying any level of the current Humble Bundle gets you the classic plan when it hits next month. You can even pause your subscription if you want after and not lose it. If you cancel it's gone forever though.

The FAQ tells you how you can check. Go to your subscriber hub and expand the option at the bottom. If it says Active you're good.

1573444743147.png

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Paying any level of the current Humble Bundle gets you the classic plan when it hits next month. You can even pause your subscription if you want after and not lose it. If you cancel it's gone forever though.

The FAQ tells you how you can check. Go to your subscriber hub and expand the option at the bottom. If it says Active you're good.

View attachment 230697
A scholar and a gentleman, thank you kind Sir :emoji_beers:

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Hey guys... know how Microsoft had that 2 month pass for like $2?
Well... now they have a 3month pass for $1! Enjoy

EDIT: Just read the game pass thread and Spronk mentioned it's new accounts only.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Hey guys... know how Microsoft had that 2 month pass for like $2?
Well... now they have a 3month pass for $1! Enjoy

EDIT: Just read the game pass thread and Spronk mentioned it's new accounts only.

By Jove! That's awesome, thanks a bunch!

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
If you have console Game Pass (or Ultimate), click over to your Game Pass tab and look for a button to redeem rewards. One of the rewards is a few months of Discord Nitro. Sign up, then use the discord app and you can claim 3 extra months of Game Pass as a bonus (or two months of Ultimate).

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The remote play thing is really neat.

Local Co-op games online with friends even if they don't own the game.

It's this sort of thing why EGS is trash compared to steam

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That is awesome. There have been times in the past with games I wanted to play with my dad but he didn’t want to buy or let me buy for him.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Oh hey look, another shit Steam sale with even more decreased discounts year over year for games that should be $4.99 if this was a Steam sale of 2011.

AC: Odyssey Deluxe for PC: $35.99. Or you can go to Amazon and get the same version for 1X for $24 bucks.

Actually wait, every single fucking game on this sale already is beaten by Amazon by $5-15 bucks. Physical, digital, across the board.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Steam doesn't choose the prices

I know. But the same prices they are dictating elsewhere as well and it's cheaper.

There used to be a time when I was excited for any Steam sale. Now, it doesn't matter. It's always more and just a fad marketing ploy at this point. Publisher's fault, Valve's fault for taking huge percentages, or a combination of the above.

Ex: No Man's Sky - $29.99 Steam. $25.99 GMG.
Far Cry 5: $14.99 Steam. $12.74 GMG.
Dark Souls 3 Deluxe: $21.24 Steam - $18.06 GMG
Sekiro: $38.99 Steam: $34.99 GMG
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition: $23.68 Steam - $20 on GMG.

That's just a few that took 4 seconds to look up. Basically any game on sale on Steam right now is 3-5 dollars cheaper on GMG. Activates on Steam anyway. Downloads from their service, and gives you full steam functionality.

Basically saying Shop around because Steam sales are more expensive for the same game and same activation on GMG, cheaper console physical editions which you can trade in, and people are falling for the hype of a Steam sale.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
yeah prices are a joke on steam now, i might pickup 3 games but the discounts are a shadow of what they were years ago

destiny 2 Shadowkeep - $21 ($35 msrp). 40% off, if you buy the digital deluxe edition your discount drops to like 25%. so discourage buying the more expensive version?
disco elysium - 20% off
hitman 2 - 75% off. good sale at least, but i already own the game on xbox one

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was thinking about finally picking up battletech, until I realized that the 'season pass bundle' was actually just the fucking season pass and didn't come with the main game. The only bundle with the game and the 3 'expansions' is the mercenary bundle that makes you shell out the extra couple bucks for the digital deluxe extra garbage.

i bought all three shadowrun games but i think these shady motherfuckers just lost my patronage, whether it's harebrained or the shekel counters at paradox behind the pricing for battletech.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users