Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I was thinking about finally picking up battletech, until I realized that the 'season pass bundle' was actually just the fucking season pass and didn't come with the main game. The only bundle with the game and the 3 'expansions' is the mercenary bundle that makes you shell out the extra couple bucks for the digital deluxe extra garbage.

i bought all three shadowrun games but i think these shady motherfuckers just lost my patronage, whether it's harebrained or the shekel counters at paradox behind the pricing for battletech.

Same. Shadowrun left me really disappointed. Really on rails, and the 3 versions were like Alpha, Beta and Release.

I bought the core Battletech game, but the expansions seemed really light on content.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Same. Shadowrun left me really disappointed. Really on rails, and the 3 versions were like Alpha, Beta and Release.

I bought the core Battletech game, but the expansions seemed really light on content.

Eh. I feel like I got what I paid for with the Shadowrun games, especially Hong Kong. Battletech on the other hand, base game price was okish but 20 bucks per 'expansion' is a fucking joke. They're still low on content at 10 bucks a piece.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1574825978705.png

• 7Like
  • 5Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Thats my dad and I. He will replay a scenario 40 fucking times til he gets everything right. Whether it’s video game or board game. I just do shit and if I win I win. I feel like he burns himself out trying to over strategize shit.

He played through ~20 times solo on a Gloomhaven map we were getting ready to do as a group because he couldn’t beat it trying multiple strategies/character counts, etc. First time with me attempting it with him I crit the fuck out of the boss and kill him before half the map opens and enemies pour in. I mean it was just luck of the draw but it was funny because I was like “Let’s just kill these fuckers” and it worked.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
The most i've spent on steam in like 4 years in a single buy, I bought

Hitman 2 Gold - $24.99, already 100%'d the game on xbox but i love the game so much no issue double dipping
Destiny 2 ShadowKeep Deluxe - $45. Overpaid a bit, base Shadowkeep is only $21 but for $20 more you get some erin cosmetic shit and "4 season passes", whatever that is gonna be
No Man's Sky - $30. Another huge update this week, i played the game at launch on PS4 and gonna revisit it now. Has a VR mode too.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
probably the worst $5 you'll ever spend.

I've enjoyed mine quite a bit. It takes some work to get the right configuration but for me it's a fairly good equivalent to mouse/keyboard for casual shooters. Definitely better than dual analog sticks.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I've enjoyed mine quite a bit. It takes some work to get the right configuration but for me it's a fairly good equivalent to mouse/keyboard for casual shooters. Definitely better than dual analog sticks.

I could never be bothered to get that useless fucking track pad to work anywhere close to as effective as a second stick. It killed it completely for me.

But, then again, I give up pretty easy. Bought a wireless Xbox controller and bingbangboom all is well.

Agreed, Steam controller not worth $5.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Oh hey look, another shit Steam sale with even more decreased discounts year over year for games that should be $4.99 if this was a Steam sale of 2011.

It's true! The only reason I even have a wish list is waiting on games I have been on the fence about to be -75% or more so I will actually buy it. But it rarely happens anymore and I occasionally flush the list and start over.

Not a single one of the 30 games I have on there right now with a deep enough discount for me to pick up. Ni No Kuni came close.....but not close enough.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Argarth

On the verandah
I just browse CheapShark for game deals these days.

Agree with others, haven't seen a big enough discount in my Steam Wishlist for so long, that I hardly bother checking anymore. It's become more like a "reminder" list than anything else.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Bought the Steam controller. Feel like my girlfriend would actually take the time to figure it out maybe, she has been getting more and more into PC gaming as the years together with me go by, but she still really doesn't like playing with keyboard+mouse.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I bought a replacement, I love the damn thing. Saints Row 4 is the game if you want to feel what its like to be able to flick the right thumbstick while still having the rest of a controller in your hand. I know I've shilled it plenty. I'm actually bummed to see it go. I hope everything about it is stolen or they release v.2

• 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The Steam controller is weird, people either absolutely love it or absolutely hate it.

I of course was a contrarian and thought it was ok.

• 1Worf