Steam Deals and Digital Sales

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I just browse CheapShark for game deals these days.

Agree with others, haven't seen a big enough discount in my Steam Wishlist for so long, that I hardly bother checking anymore. It's become more like a "reminder" list than anything else.

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Never played the Total War games. They seemed to be hit or miss on reviews in the past, but lately they get good-great reviews. Is this a game where I am micro managing the fuck out of units? Menus? I want the Warhammer 2 is why I'm asking.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Never played the Total War games. They seemed to be hit or miss on reviews in the past, but lately they get good-great reviews. Is this a game where I am micro managing the fuck out of units? Menus? I want the Warhammer 2 is why I'm asking.
Total War is split into 2 "games" basically, a simplified Civ-like map campaign where you capture territories, build stuff in them to manage ressources, trade or declare war with other factions, upgrade your tech tree, produce units/armies in a turn based system. It's very simplified compared to Civ as I said though don't expect too much but the map is very large and there's a ton of different factions(it's warhammer after all) so it's still pretty fun.

And then it has a 2nd aspect, real time army combat unlike pretty much every other civ-like, and that's a lot more indepth than the combat in those games. Combat plays like a RTS for the most part, although you don't build bases or units during combat since that's the map aspect, you enter a fight with your army units and have a phase to position them on the field, and then you fight each other, with units being anywhere from a single strong character(in warhammer, heroes, spellcasters, monsters and so on) to full 200+models units of peons shit you throw in front of your army to soak up arrows and cannon fire. You also get active abilities and spells to cast and you can assault fortresses or defend them and shit like that.

I'd recommend checking out a let's play or whatever to see what the game looks like, I had never bothered with Total War until Warhammer(besides a short Shogun test way back when) and wasn't sure I was gonna like it(I don't like Civ for example), but to me it's just a really fun combo of mechanics and is really nice to play. I especially like the fact that each faction plays fairly differently since it's Warhammer, and the monsters and stuff add a lot of variety to combat unlike more realistic versions.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

You field armies of 20 units of groups of soldiers for the most part, and need to manage the actions of those 20. The gameplay is mainly focused around that, plus a campaign map system where you manage your empire and the armies on a macro level

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Looked at some vids. Yeah that camera swing, and the tiny size of the units is meh. May still purchase it though.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Looked at some vids. Yeah that camera swing, and the tiny size of the units is meh. May still purchase it though.

You can control the speed of the combat, and pause at any time. You can also group units up into control groups and issue commands to them as a group. The only time I've ever found it micro intensive or stressful is when combat gets spread out and there are multiple fights going on across the battle field.

The combat pretty much plays out the same across all the TW games, so if you have an older one you might want to mess around in that to see if you can handle it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Escape from Tarkov is 30% today and today only. Still on the fence, will decide later.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Yogscast Jingle Jam is up on Humble Bundle. $30 gets you a mishmash of games, new ones added every day until the end of the month. 100% of the money goes to Charity.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
steam is apparently kinda fucked up and showing the wrong background images for game background pages, with some hilarious results

q6k6Ztm.png

KnuiPkW.png

9Eh3ZlQ.jpg

gi91rF6.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was going to buy that too, but Neocore decided not to put the complete pack on sale again (was $32 a couple weeks ago) so fuck them. Hopefully they'll pull their heads out of their asses for the xmas sale.

• 1Solidarity

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Nope, Psyker, Crusader and Assassin in Inquisitor, the Prophecy standalone expansion then added the Tech-Adept.

1575423263336.png

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I played through the initial game at launch and once again with the big 2.0 release to fix the problems.

They didn't fix the problems. Game still sucks with horrible optimization. It will run like trash even on a bleeding edge system.

At level 20ish get a simple ass gravity gun and proceed to shit on the entire rest of the game with right click channeled AoE attack. That is literally the entire game.

spronk

FPS noob
its a really fantastic deal, $12 for shadow tomb + ancestors + phantom doctrine is absolutely fantastic. ancestors seems cool but not worth paying MSRP or anywhere close to it.

the humble interface is ASS though, you first have to "prepay" (why am i prepaying for Dec? shouldn't it have billed me already?), then you have to go through some stupid interface and "choose" 10 games, even though there are only 10 games, and redeem each steam key. Its confusing and pretty awful

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
its a really fantastic deal, $12 for shadow tomb + ancestors + phantom doctrine is absolutely fantastic. ancestors seems cool but not worth paying MSRP or anywhere close to it.

the humble interface is ASS though, you first have to "prepay" (why am i prepaying for Dec? shouldn't it have billed me already?), then you have to go through some stupid interface and "choose" 10 games, even though there are only 10 games, and redeem each steam key. Its confusing and pretty awful

Agree. I wanted to select the December games but it wouldn’t let me, so I’m kind of confused, do I only get to pick them when my monthly auto bill happens? Do I have a limited number to pick out of those ten or do I get all ten of those when it happens?

Im guessing it’s not that difficult to understand but I didn’t have time to fuck with it and research it this morning when I tried to redeem stuff.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Your billing date didn't change, so you can 'pay early' to unlock them all now. Otherwise your unlocks will be available when you normally unlocked Humble Monthly stuff.

• 1Like