Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
pausing on humble sucks ass, i paused last month and it requires you to repause every month and by default just resubscribes automatically (but at least emails you) and you have like 2 weeks to "repause". If you cancel you lose forever the lower price of "founder" monthly bundle, but these deals are awful. Frostpunk has been like $10 on amazon many, many times and that included a bunch of physical crap.

Yeah, I was on classic but I just straight up cancelled yesterday. I'm tired of their bullshit and the little carrot they try to threaten you with by cancelling (YOU'LL LOSE THIS FOREVER!!!)was the final straw. The last several bundles have been a ton of $5-10 value games wrapped with ton of bullshit indie games that you can probably pick up for $1-5. I get that the value wouldn't last forever, but I got tired of getting offered games I already had over and over. Plus, with all the subscription services coming out, I feel like there is much better value out there nowadays.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You guys haven’t mentioned Book of Demons. I’ll throw in that it’s really fun. It’s like diablo but you are stuck on the rails within the corridors, but the monsters aren’t. As I was typing that I realized it doesn’t sound fun, but it is. Different classes, learning monster patterns, etc.

I already own it so I’ll pass that one out if anyone here wants it.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So if people are handing out extra Pathfinder: Kingmaker copies let me know. After reading all the info on the new Kickstarter and seeing nearly universal praise for it, I'm super interested to try it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Playing through it (Pathfinder: Kingmaker) now... Fuck Swarms of enemies in the 3.5 system. At least in 5e, you deal half damage with a weapon.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Playing through it (Pathfinder: Kingmaker) now... Fuck Swarms of enemies in the 3.5 system. At least in 5e, you deal half damage with a weapon.

If it's the one in the early cave after the outpost, they changed it so you can skip them. Alternatively you can buy alchemist fire from the dude in the outpost that helps to deal with them. Torches work too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Playing through pillars of eternity now but gonna play that next. I noticed the metacritic is around 70% but everyone seems to love it?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Playing through pillars of eternity now but gonna play that next. I noticed the metacritic is around 70% but everyone seems to love it?

It had a really rough launch with tons of bugs. They stuck with it though and fixed it up to be one of the best CRPG's around.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like it's ballbustingly accurate to the tabletop rules, to the detriment of the experience at times.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My main complaint with the game is that it's too damn long.

Capture.JPG

That's not even including the expansion dlc's

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Count me in for Pathfinder and/or Book of Demons if anyone's feeling That Giving Feeling.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
New humble choice games are out there, and other than Pathfinder: Kingmaker, which I already have, I haven't heard of a single one of them. And only reason I have Pathfinder: KM is because they gave it away free when you signed up for a year of Humble at a time.

7178fd9541177943d1810f81d5670f10.jpg

Frost punk was pretty fun. It’s a city sim survival game. It’s also on game pass. I have not played much but enjoyed the first few hours. Tutorial is not great so did a few restarts when I borked myself setting up my first city.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Since I'm on this kick and don't want to resurrect an old thread - what are the best crpgs to be playing? I'm playing POE1 and have Pathfinder now. What others are must-haves? I only briefly played Baldurs Gate 1 and 2, not sure how they aged. I also saw Planescape Torment is on the switch. Did those all age well, or will it be hard to get into this much later?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Torment is the best written game of all time, isn't too long, and the gameplay is secondary to the story by a large amount.

If you're enjoying POE1, then POE2: Deadfire is worth checking out if you would have preferred it to have better gameplay and less story. Also, Divinity Original Sin 2 is a must play

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Since I'm on this kick and don't want to resurrect an old thread - what are the best crpgs to be playing? I'm playing POE1 and have Pathfinder now. What others are must-haves? I only briefly played Baldurs Gate 1 and 2, not sure how they aged. I also saw Planescape Torment is on the switch. Did those all age well, or will it be hard to get into this much later?

It depends on how important "gameplay" and "graphics" are to you in today's gaming world. Most of those older CRPGs had amazingly well-written characters and stories, but a lot of the gameplay and graphics have really showed their age. 2nd edition DnD is fucking dogshit - THAC0 can go fuck itself. Most of them are like reading a semi-interactive novels at this point, IMO.

A fantastic CRPG to get started with which isn't really too dated yet is NWN2, especially with the Mask of the Betrayer expansion. NWN1 is another option, but it's really on the tail-end of "acceptable" from a graphics/gameplay standpoint. It has a really solid story though and is quite expansive with all the expansion packs.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have divinity original sin but the 6 hour starter town ruined it. Is 2 much better and is it dependent on 1?

Gameplay is most.important. I love the crpg art style though