Steam Deals and Digital Sales

spronk

FPS noob
This is a good place to remind people that don't just turn on 2FA and fuck off like Tec did. Install some backup apps and put it on your OneDrive and Dropbox and Google Drive, and keep login/passwords to THOSE services in a secondary place as well. I keep it all on my phone, the cloud, and even two USB drives have the files as well one in the bank storage and one at my parents house, all password protected of course. I use Keepass to keep a database of all my logins/passwords/SQAs but you can use LastPass, 1Password, Dashlane, or a million other password store apps.

Authy is a great app that lets you run a bunch of 2FA apps - google, Microsoft, Rockstar, Origin, discord, amazon, etc and runs inside chrome, on your phone, and desktop. You password protect the overall database and it can contain most of your 2FA codes

SDA aka Steam Desktop Authenticator is a seperate app that lets you clone your steam guard, and export 1 time backup codes you can use in case you lose it etc. Steam uses a different 2FA than everyone else, otherwise Authy nowadays 2FA's everything

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
also kingdom come deliverance free on epic
And Aztez
1581699963750.png

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So using Steam Link, trying to use it to stream my desktop to TV which I've done before. Basically you get into Big Picture mode, and then exit Big Picture mode, and then your Desktop shows up and in the past I was able to use mouse and keyboard. I've played WoW a few times this way, and in this case, I was trying to use it to play the Web version of BDO, but whenever I exit big picture mode the keyboard and mouse stop working. The cursor will still work, and move around, but won't let you click or do anything.

I remember when I first exited Big Picture mode there was a prompt that I had to go back to my Desktop in order to make go away. Talked about if I wanted to turn something on, and that if I was seeing mouse and keyboard movements that i didn't expect then I should check my PC for malware? I clicked yes, and then this started happening. Maybe it would have happened regardless, but I don't remember ever seeing that prompt before.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Gonna keep trouble shooting it today. Maybe if I unplug and plug back in my wireless keyboard it'll re-prompt something. I don't know.

Edit: Figured it out. It has to do with BDO being ran as administrator. Googled some more and found some Windows compatibility program that does some magic to make BDO not run as admin. No reason for it to run as admin anyway. But even running Steam as Admin wouldn't let Steam Link take back control as soon as I'd click on the BDO window.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No you don't. I did. It's complete dogshit and I want my $5 back.
Lol, everyone has different experiences with it. I'm running on wired internet, which I think you said in the past you were too? Anyways, I've played Witcher 3 on my TV just fine, zero input lag, and played other games as well just by exiting big picture, and controlling my desktop with a mouse/keyboard plugged into the Steam Link.

Things freakin' amazing for me, others for whatever reason have had bad experiences with it.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Steamlink works fine for me - Wireless with an AC1700. No input lag, runs fine.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played 60+ hours of Witcher 3 over the Holidays on my Steam Link/Controller + 75 inch Samsung. A+ experience in all aspects. Simply amazing and an incredible value.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Dunno. I spent several hours with it and had nothing but trouble with resolutions and basic connectivity. Literally never got to a playable state.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Sounds like an internal network issue.

Possibly, but I've got about as bog standard a network setup as it's possible to have. I bought a new router and TV since the last time I tried the Link, so maybe I'll give it another crack. I'd certainly like it to work.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Possibly, but I've got about as bog standard a network setup as it's possible to have.

What's your router? This is what I have:
And I am doing it over wireless and works perfectly. With that said, the router is about 50 feet away on the same floor.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Most sammy tv’s have steam link built-in. No need for that box. 4K witcher mouse and keyb, yes please. Playing on ps4 atm, pisses me off I have no mods.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Asus RT-N66U at the time. Currently have a Netgear Orbi, about 8 feet behind a wall from the TV.

The Orbi is it. Looks like a lot of issues with that router and streaming games. But the ASUS didn't work well either? Might be some signal interference in the wall you may not know about by chance if wireless. If wired, not sure what to tell you there :(