Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Rime

<Donor>
So how exactly do cards work? Combine a deck and it gives you a random game?
They are mostly worthless.

Collecting a 'set' gives you things like new emoticons for Steam chat, backdrop options for your profile page, and new badges to display on your profile page. Supposedly, they also rarely give you coupons for games. I have not heard of anyone getting a free game out of it, however.

They also add to your 'Steam experience', which is a meaningless number displayed on your profile page, stating what level you are on Steam.

Basically, they made a meta-game of playing games.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Made my first purchase, picked up BL2. So far got about 4 of those summer cards. For today, I really should just pick up Portal 2 already. Not much else I'm seeing. How many hours of gameplay is in that Ace Combat?
I bit the bullet and picked up Portal 1 and 2 for $6. I feel embarassed that I haven't played Portal 1.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't really understand why people keep saying DS needs a controller. I finished NG4+ on kb+m and have played multiple combat styles with no control issues. You need DSfix to make this game play on a computer far more than a controller. If you play without that fix but with a controller, you'll probably have the same issues.

Koivu

Molten Core Raider
I combined the summer sales collection badge, and got two keys for CiV4 out of it. Just the base game too, no expacks. So, mostly useless.

Sean_sl

shitlord
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...3-summer-promo

Sony has posted details for this year's PlayStation Store Play 2013 summer program. Beginning July 16 to August 20, PSN users can pre-order select titles and get cash back if they buy two to four titles from the lineup.
Also included in the pre-orders will be exclusive PS3 XMB themes for the games purchased. Current PS+ subscribers will also enjoy a 20% discount on games if they pre-order ahead of time. Users who buy any 2 PSN Play games will get a $3 PSN credit back, while purchasing 3 and 4 games will get $6 and $10 respectively.
The list of titles in the promotion include:
. July 23: Stealth Inc.: A Clone in the Dark (PS3/Vita, Cross-Buy Included) - $9.99 or $7.99 for PS+ pre-orders
. July 30: Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3) - $9.99 or $7.99 for PS+ pre-orders
. August 6: ibb & obb (PS3) - $9.99 or $7.99 for PS+ pre-orders
. August 13: DuckTales: Remastered (PS3) - $14.99 or $11.99 for PS+ pre-orders

Haka

N00b
Thoughts on Dust: An Elysian Tail? (50% off, $7.49)

Looks kinda fun. RPG elements? or just a straight sidescroller?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Thoughts on Dust: An Elysian Tail? (50% off, $7.49)

Looks kinda fun. RPG elements? or just a straight sidescroller?
It is definitely not a straight sidescroller. It is pure Metroidvania style and I had a lot of fun with it, definitely worth it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
You'll have to let me know how the RPG maker turns out. I was tempted to pick it up (still am) because it seems like it would be a damn blast to actually create an RPG. Problem is yeah it seemed like there is so much time you need to put into it to learn everything about it. Although, I'm sure once you do read everything and figure out most of the basics it would be a shit load of fun.
Sure, once I have time to tinker more, I'll probably start a thread. Right now, learning it is akin to learning something like photoshop (Not as complex though)...Essentially the tools are very easy to use once you understand them, but there are just so many, that it's a lot to take in. But that's because it's pretty broad, which is nice, you can create characters, items--everything and it doesn't just make it so you can say +5hp per level=warrior, it will actually graph out the power/exp curves and all. Very neat. (But it certainly looks time intensive, too.)

velk

Trakanon Raider
Nope, I have been looking at it too. I'm a big fan of hex-grid TBS like Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic and Fantasy Wars/Elven Legacy. Most of the Eador complaints seem to revolve around the game being released in a broken state, but they've since patched it up to get rid of the crashing bugs, and that it's really fucking hard even on the easiest difficulty.
I haven't played in ages, but my main irritation was that the campaign has no carryover other than unit unlocks. Each island is the same game over and over. I think they missed an opportunity there, I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it had a persistent hero or whatnot, as it was I got bored after 5 or so islands, all their adventuring and xp bits just seemed kind of pointless when all progress was going to get wiped in an hour anyway.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Anyone getting error when trying to buy the Dishonored DLC (Knife of Dunwall) ? I own the base game, but it says I don't ...

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is Killing Floor only worth it if you have people to co-op it with?
Random matches are hit and miss, with more hit than miss. Most of my pairings were decent. Some were severely unskilled, and a few were complete trolling douchebags. The amount of trolls seemed to grow over time. I haven't played in months, though.

I would say the biggest and most consistent problem is that the higher difficulties are tuned presuming you have leveled your classes, but there is no level requirement for joining higher difficulty games. Be it a misunderstanding by newer players or trolling, low level players join and drag the team down. A good team can compensate for a weak link, but if you get a couple of super low levels, you won't have enough ammo to compensate for their inevitable failure.