Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The video for Crusader's Kings 2 on Steam makes me want to buy it on the spot. Sounds fun as shit.
Just bought it with all the DLC for $12.49. Looked fun as hell... who knows when I'll get to play it, but hopefully at some point.
smile.png

smile.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sorry double post...

Edit: Does Green man Gaming try and compete with any Christmas sales, or just Steam?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Sorry double post...

Edit: Does Green man Gaming try and compete with any Christmas sales, or just Steam?
Somewhat, but mostly they just do their own thing. A lot of their games activate on Steam anyway. I've found a good deal of what I wanted through them for ridiculously cheap.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Steam Christmas sale (and probably the summer sale) has become something of an annual holiday. It's where the bulk of my games purchases comes every year. I bet at least a third, if not more of Valve's annual revenue comes from the holiday sale.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I know some people have been interested in getting it for DayZ, but I don't believe it activates on Steam. They do mention activation codes, so maybe people get lucky.
The code is put directly into the game itself like an old school serial so it will let you connect online.

GOG's whole schtick is that everything they sell is DRM free, you'll never get steam codes from anything you buy on there. Other than the downloader client, once installed you just run stuff from the game icon and off you go. If you want it in your steam list then you can add it as a third party game. If you are thinking about auto patching etc, 99% of what they sell is so old it won't be patched anymore anyway!

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Ended up passing on the THQ bundle, but holy jesus the new indie bundle is godly and luckily I don't have any of the games yet.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thinking of buying the Ubisoft bundle. Mainly for AC3, HOMM6, Anno.

-edit-

Fuck it will just buy it. That is a ton of content I want for only $90.

Malt_sl

shitlord
Not impressed with today's deals. Many of the deals have been cheaper recently and in some cases are currently cheaper in other places.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well its the first time I've seen Natural Selection 2 on sale. Really fun game for only 10 bucks.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing catching my eye today either as an impluse buy. That Indie Mega Pack is insane. THQ pack actually better than the humble bundle at $25? Depending on my budget I may gift a game or two on my friends list as I did last year, we'll see.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sort of disappointed this sale doesn't have any sort of gimmick to it. That was always one of my favorite things about Steam sales, going all the way back to the Treasure Hunt. It was a great way to encourage me to pull out some old games to revisit, and in all honesty, did get me to buy a few games I'd otherwise have missed. It was always something that set Steam apart when it came to sales, and you'd think that'd be something they would be continuing to strive for considering increasing competition from other digital game sellers. Voting for deals isn't terribly exciting, especially given how it works.

Steam Christmas sale (and probably the summer sale) has become something of an annual holiday. It's where the bulk of my games purchases comes every year. I bet at least a third, if not more of Valve's annual revenue comes from the holiday sale.
I have way too much on my backlog as it is, but I figure, if there are good enough of deals, I won't mind adding a few more things. The way I've always figured it is, I'd rather have too much to play due to buying stuff really cheap than nothing to play and having to buy something at full price. It's my way of stocking up for the year.

Rime

<Donor>
Sort of disappointed this sale doesn't have any sort of gimmick to it. That was always one of my favorite things about Steam sales, going all the way back to the Treasure Hunt. It was a great way to encourage me to pull out some old games to revisit, and in all honesty, did get me to buy a few games I'd otherwise have missed. It was always something that set Steam apart when it came to sales, and you'd think that'd be something they would be continuing to strive for considering increasing competition from other digital game sellers. Voting for deals isn't terribly exciting, especially given how it works.

I have way too much on my backlog as it is, but I figure, if there are good enough of deals, I won't mind adding a few more things. The way I've always figured it is, I'd rather have too much to play due to buying stuff really cheap than nothing to play and having to buy something at full price. It's my way of stocking up for the year.
The amount of abuse that people put into Steam during the last Christmas sale (The one with the lumps of coal/chance to win free games) soured them on it and it seems that they are done with the 'meta' events, which is a shame.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Unfortunately I already own the vast majority of the games I'd even consider playing, so this sale probably won't do much for me. Honestly the thing that would make me the happiest is yet another Orcs Must Die 2 booster pack/dlc/whatever you want to call it. I've played the fuck out of that game and need more!