Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I've played and beaten the base version of Skyrim. Is it worth picking up Legendary edition for $13.50 to get all the DLC?
I would say no.

But that is because I found the game faceroll easy (besides the first couple levels) even with mods.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I really want to like Skyrim, but have probably tried to start the pirated version 3-4 times and just can't get more than a hour or two in before I quit. $4.99 isn't that bad and just wonder if any of the mods would change my enjoyment. Of course it'd be easy to look and see if I could even put a finger on exactly what it was that turned me off.

Ah, Rocksmith 2014 on Flash sale too... too bad the DLC is only 25% off though, if it were 50% I'd probably jump on a few of those.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you are even the tiniest bit of a powergamer, Skyrim is ridiculously easy and you reach godmode about 3 hours into gameplay, which will kill your enjoyment really quickly. With the proper mods though, you can mostly fix that and get a full games enjoyment out of it.

spronk

FPS noob
i was the same way with skyrim, probably ran the intro scenario like 11 times and every time just got bored and quit in the first hour. eventually i just said fuck it and told myself to finish, after about 4 hours i started to enjoy it and did finally finish the game over a period of a few weeks, a lot of the mods helped make it more interesting/fun and this was after all the DLCs were out. Some of the mods are just nuts, like the extended stories stuff.

still, overall i'd say my enjoyment of skyrim is like 6/10, its definitely a great game but i just don't get too immersed into that world, whereas something like assassins creed or mass effect or Saints Row or GTA is full out 10/10 chubby. probably a reason why i completely despised TESO from the first minute.

tl;dr version - get legendary edition (all DLCs), go to the nexus mod site and install the top 10 or 15 mods that look interesting, and force yourself to play for a few days. you get into it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Personally I usually play TES games like thief, so if you just run at stuff and bash them to death, it can get boring, but if you utilize all the traps and pick off people one by one, it becomes way more fun, especially with some mods to make the fatalities better. Oh and get some weight limit increase, because remembering in which house I left some stuff can go fuck itself

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The game itself is decent but I ended up giving up on it after about the 4th time a neighboring zone got level-locked at the minimum because I dared to wander even remotely close to it. Level-locking is awful design at the best of times, but KoA had the worst possible implementation of it.

If you can ignore the fact that a large part of the game will be filled with grey con mobs that drop no items you'll ever use, or you're willing to constantly check the map to make sure that you haven't uncovered even the slightest bit of a neighboring zone and reload your game when you do, then $6 isn't a bad deal for it with the DLC.

Sadly, there isn't even a savegame editor or trainer capable of resetting level locks... I looked everywhere.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is Kingdoms of Amalur worth it? $6 for the game and all DLC.
I never played any of the DLCs and I played it on xbox quite a long time ago but the combat started off really enjoyable but then just gets extremely repetitive. The main story and a lot of the side quests are pretty boring as well. Also, at least on xbox there was always a ton of glitches in the game, either quests bugging out and not being able to complete them or armor/weapons getting stuck in your inventory and not being able to sell/put them in your bank. As for me, I had fun for about 10 hours into the game before it just got too repetitive/boring/glitchy before I eventually gave up on it. I still have yet to actually beat the main quest now that I think about it...

spronk

FPS noob
BL2 GOTY, Wolf Among Us, Tomb raider, Sleeping Dogs, Lone Survivor, Metro Last Light and Natural Selection are all totally worth buying if you don't own em

KOA is ok, same as everyone else its fun for a while and then you just get bored and stop caring/play. Its really stupid they adopted the MMO model of "here are a ton of stupid shitty quests, have fun!" quest hubs. i never finished either lol

good sale day