Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally jumped on tropico but as a whole so far this sale has really been a downer. On 2 titles so far where I usually average 5-7 titles . Maybe I'm finally at that point of getting stuff I got to have.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Finally jumped on tropico but as a whole so far this sale has really been a downer. On 2 titles so far where I usually average 5-7 titles . Maybe I'm finally at that point of getting stuff I got to have.
Nah. It isn't just you. It's just the same shit for sale over and over again. And if there is any decent blockbuster game that comes out, it isn't heavily incentivized to come down to make it worth a purchase. The only one that was tempting this year was Hitman Absolution for $29.99 but even then Amazon had it for $19.99 or $24.99 (I forget)

It's always the same games on sale. This hasn't changed in the last 3-4 sales either. And some of the deals I paid less for 2-3 sales ago and now those prices have actually gone UP for the same games 6 months later.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Ok, since it is on sale yet again, going to ask about Sims 3. I don't think we have a specific thread for it because it isn't really the type of game that gets a ton of discussion here, and everywhere I look on the internet about it are people I am pretty sure I don't want their opinions.

I've never played a Sims game, ever, unless SimCity counts. I'm aware it isn't anything like SimCity, and I'm also aware that you can spend hundreds of dollars for the DLC. I'm also aware that tons of chicks play it.

So the question is, will I get enjoyment out of Sims 3? I'm not even sure exactly how you play it but I'm guessing it has a bit of a "playing house" aspect to it, which I guess is fine. I can run around in Minecraft for weeks just making my place look better, so that doesn't sound much different than playing house, except in Sims the point is to guide the actual Sim, right? But according to the video I can make them almost anything, up to and including a Yoga Pants Rapist, right?

Also, will I regret not buying some of the DLC while it is on sale, or conversely regret buying too much of it if I do buy some? Any particular ones that are definitely worth getting?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I bought Sims 3 + Showtime when it was on sale the other day and had been playing the hell out of it. Until yesterday. First I had a bug where the game would freeze for a couple seconds every 30 seconds that made it unplayable. I found a mod for that, and played it all day...until one of my Sims couldn't use their bed. It was giving me a stupid pathing error no matter where I moved the bed. Checked online and people said they'd deleted beds and bought new ones and still had issues, so I just gave up. I guess you can export your family to a new instance, but that resets all of your opportunities and stuff. I also had a minor bug before that where my sim would reset his actions every time he tried to use a telescope.

TLDR: It was fun, but it had too many big bugs for a game that's been out for so long.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Also, as far as The Walking Dead goes...would you watch the series before playing the games or does it not matter either way?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Also, as far as The Walking Dead goes...would you watch the series before playing the games or does it not matter either way?
It doesn't matter. In fact, the game is MUCH better than the TV Show in my opinion. You may be disapointed with the TV series after playing this.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I bought Sims 3 + Showtime when it was on sale the other day and had been playing the hell out of it. Until yesterday. First I had a bug where the game would freeze for a couple seconds every 30 seconds that made it unplayable. I found a mod for that, and played it all day...until one of my Sims couldn't use their bed. It was giving me a stupid pathing error no matter where I moved the bed. Checked online and people said they'd deleted beds and bought new ones and still had issues, so I just gave up. I guess you can export your family to a new instance, but that resets all of your opportunities and stuff. I also had a minor bug before that where my sim would reset his actions every time he tried to use a telescope.

TLDR: It was fun, but it had too many big bugs for a game that's been out for so long.
Thanks for the review. I'm thinking I'm going to pass since I've got a million other games that I should be playing instead. I briefly considered torrenting it to try it out, but then went and looked at my Steam list again. So, thanks for saving me some money!

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Legend of Grimrock for $3.74 is a great deal, pick it up if you like those oldschool tile based first person dungeon crawlers. If not, its still awesome.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Gog.com has
Baldurs Gate 2 complete
Baldurs Gate 1 complete
Planescape Torment
Icewind Dale complete
Icewind Dale 2 complete
D&D Dragonshard
Temple of Elemental Evil
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

all for 21 bucks

Might have been posted already, but worth a repost. If you already own part of the collection through Gog, they'll deduct it from the total.

http://www.gog.com/promo/dungeons___dragons_deal

Sean_sl

shitlord
Picked up Desponia on Steam for $5 (on sale for 8 more hours), it's a pretty fun Adventure game in the old LucasArts style. Really nice art and pretty funny with some creative puzzles.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
fyi, don't just look at Steam for sales...hit up Amazon, greenmangaming.com, Gamefly, and others. Most of their digital download type games just offer you a code to activate on Steam anyway. I've gotten a lot of mine off of both Amazon and GMG lately when Steam wouldn't go any lower.

An example would be right now with The Walking Dead. Steam has been around $12.49 mostly, but I've seen it on Amazon and GMG for $9.99 and lower.

Haka

N00b
just played through home. For a $1 it was interesting, playtime was just over an hour. My buddy and I played it together. He ended up killing himself, I ran away.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Finally picked up Natural Selection 2, like BF2 good commander=Win every time, bad commander is super frustrating.

Sulrn

Deuces
1. Go watch Indie Game: The Movie

2. Buy Super Meat Boy

Do those in any order, as long as you do both, IMO.
I really felt for the Super Meat Boy team, but I won't lie -- I wanted to choke the Braid guy out.

Back to the point, I was not inclined to buy Super Meat Boy before or after the video.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Super Meat Boy is good if you yearn for oldschool platformers and like to wipe your ass with sandpaper. I bought it a year ago and played it for like an hour, it's good at what it wants to be, but it's not for everyone.