Steam deck portable handheld gaming PC from Valve

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
512gb reservation has come back up. I think I'm going to cave and go ahead and get it. Gaming on the couch would be nice. Thoughts, prayers, advice?
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well I have Hades on both my Oled switch and now on Steam Deck via Epic and let me tell you... The oled version just blows it away lol. Bit higher rez on the Steam Deck and works great.

Might have to dig in the settings to see if I can get it looking better.

That said once you start playing you don't really notice it.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Really struggling to pick what to play. (I've played a little Hades, Mad Max, PREY, Sonic All Stars Racing, UMvC3, and Disco Elysium so far. They all work great though PREY is a little wonky getting used to the controls)

I wanted to play through Divinity OS Enhanced Edition because I've only ever put like 4 hours into it. Wanted to be able to play on steam deck then move over to my 3090 and UW when the little shit is sleeping.

Unfortunately I have the game on GOG and it's been a pain in the ass getting the controls to work (finally did if anyone needs help) and I still haven't figured out cross saves yet lol. Trying to use Lutris but it's just been a struggle. I probably would have given up but I have quite a few games on there.

The next big Steam sale is probably going to hurt my wallet.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Caved and bought it, excited. Mainly excited to have it when traveling for work or family.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I reserved mine probably two months ago, so it definitely didn't take long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

(thats the dock, not the deck). i have the jsaux dock and while i've only used it once it seems fine. i prefer my deck untethered, i pretty much play a game of vampire survivors on it every time i'm waiting around for something and its great

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Completed my purchase on the 512gb one today. Not too long a wait.

Fucking $60 tax on the $649 item.

• 1Solidarity

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Got my 512 and spent the weekend dialing in my RetroArch settings, emu's and roms. This is the best damn emu machine I have ever owned. Jsaux docks shows up next week. I've done quite a bit of Vampire Survivors also. Runs great but once you hit the 20 minute mark (in VS) or so the fans kick in to the max speed.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I've been streaming games from my PC and PS5 to the deck. The nice thing about this is you get 5-6 hours of battery and the fan is whisper quiet.

spronk

FPS noob
they are CRANKING these things out now, my buddy put his name in the hat for a 64gb preorder on Sept 12th, he got the order email on Sept 29th and ordered, and its being delivered tomorrow. 3 weeks from click to delivery, and it'll probably get even quicker.

thats the 64gb version though ($399), no clue if the 512gb is a bit longer since it has a few more pricey parts (bigger SSD, etched screen protector... neither really worth the extra $300)

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
One complainty if I just hit power button, it doesn't apparently fully shut off and will drain the battery in like a week. Play at work where I randomly get interrupted and sometimes dont return to it for a while.

spronk

FPS noob
steam decks are now all caught up, if you order on today it'll ship in a day or two. also they released the steam dock, $90

I have the jsaux dock, only used it once works fine. i can't really see why i'd want to hook my deck up to my monitor and kbm, instead i just use steamlink to remote control it on my desktop, but i guess if you don't have a desktop PC it would be really cool to have as a single PC, especially if you dual boot into windows.

spronk

FPS noob
Had to do a bunch of errands this week including 1 hour at wife's doctor and 3 hours at mechanic today and steam deck was amazing, played hours of Vampire Survivors, Rogue Genesia, and OG Monkey Island 1 SE and it was such a blast. Perfect little hand held to fuck around on when away from home, battery was great after a few hours was down to 30% or so and I have a 10k mA battery that would recharge it (while playing) if I need.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Decided to play Xenogears. First off I can't believe how good this game is 24 years later. Secondly, it's amazing on Steam Deck. Perfect platform to play emulated titles on.