Stellar Blade (April 26th, PS5)

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Y'all just act super weird over the weirdest shit. You act weird when people get all butthurt about stupid shit, now you're acting weird because people you don't like aren't getting butthurt enough over this game.

Like, no one cares that this game has an Asian babe with a BBL. No one cares except you.

And I guarantee this game turns more boys trans than it turns people "anti-woke" so what war are you winning here exactly?

Stop being a faggot and lying to us.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Goonsquad Officer
How dare yall react to people reacting and making retarded accusations. Stop reacting and eat your normal diet of shit sandwiches so they can usher in turd utopia

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
badf950b8567a99a208b5e07255bd01d.jpg

theyre trying

Even some people from North America don't know what this means. Doubt Koreans did.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Y'all just act super weird over the weirdest shit. You act weird when people get all butthurt about stupid shit, now you're acting weird because people you don't like aren't getting butthurt enough over this game.

Like, no one cares that this game has an Asian babe with a BBL. No one cares except you.

And I guarantee this game turns more boys trans than it turns people "anti-woke" so what war are you winning here exactly?

There were definitely a large amount of people bitching about it early on (...and apparently still, in some corners). I think they realized it was a losing fight and let it go though. For the most part now I see way more people bitching about the bitching than people actually bitching. It's a little tiresome.

It is what it is, don't think the game's some kind of culture war flag-capture, it's just a game. What it might be is a sign to developers that people want to see more games like this if it sells super well, and maybe we'll see more super-hot female characters gracing game covers than we have been for a bit now because it'll kinda send that message that it's still okay to push the envelope even in this relatively tame and PC era.

And yeah, things like Genshin and Honkai are even more sexual, at least from how the ads look. For some reason Stellar Blade drew a different kind of negative attention briefly while they, I think, avoided it. Unsure why. Probably because this game is done in a more realistic visual style.

In any case I think it's okay for people to put down their dukes with this one and enjoy the game. That said, if someone at Kotaku or something starts bitching again, it'll be fun to watch the dogpile. They won't though, people like that tend to only go on the offensive when they have air superiority / the appearance of consensus.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
things like Genshin and Honkai are even more sexual, at least from how the ads look.
Even more sexual, lmao. Would love to see an example. Like, side by side marketing. Please put your money where your mouth is. This entire game was marketed on the ass of the main character.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Even more sexual, lmao. Would love to see an example. Like, side by side marketing. Please put your money where your mouth is. This entire game was marketed on the ass of the main character.

....Whether Genshin and Honkai are more sexual or less sexual than Stellar Blade is actually completely inconsequential to any of my overall points that mattered at all and not something I'm going to spend any time googling.

I mentioned them because Stellar Blade isn't the only highly-sexualized mainstream game around, yet it received more backlash (initially) than either of those ever have. Which I suppose is because the graphics are more realistic as opposed to anime-style, but still, it is odd the way it started to be singled out by critics before they realized they were in over their head and sulked off. And now it's mostly just people defending the game against attacks that already ceased. This isn't like Hogwarts Legacy when they were calling for boycotts and trying to get streamers cancelled for playing the game. My local library had Hogwarts Legacy on a "do not carry" list which was incredibly funny when one considers that they had the entire Harry Potter book and movie series' prominently displayed in their respective sections, despite them having far more to do with JK Rowling and her diabolically evil Wrongthink than the game ever did.

I mean compared to that whole thing (which had zero effect on the game and probably boosted its sales quite a bit), the Stellar Blade "controversy" has turned into a total dud.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Oh okay so you aren't willing to back up the statement you made with actual evidence. Cool. Thanks.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This how you saw the marketing? Interesting.

Caliane

View attachment 524051
What's with these smug people popping up going "what controversy? there is no controversy except in your silly little heads" every time anyone talks about the controversy?

I guess that's the new play these days, pretend nothing's happening and there is no narrative whenever people push back against your narrative. Because there were definitely journalists trying to shit on the game before everyone told them to STFU. I don't think anyone's creating their own drama. And yeah there have been games like this for decades, but it's pretty rare in the last half decade or so.
Its not happening.
It's happening, but its not a big deal.
it's happening, and its a good thing.
It was always happening, you're just a bigot.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Siliconemelons

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How dare yall react to people reacting and making retarded accusations. Stop reacting and eat your normal diet of shit sandwiches so they can usher in turd utopia
1714052691584.png

• 1Cringe
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
the alternative to not voicing your opinion is laying back and being buried in shit sandwiches.. that's why people ridicule your every post. you're a font of shit.
Yes because so many software developers are reading your shitposts on a borderline nazi forum.

• 2Moron
  • 1Imbecile
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Goonsquad Officer
Yes because so many software developers are reading your shitposts on a borderline nazi forum.
yet some how they know every time players don't like their wreched extrusions. every time a game dev puts some retarded dei shit, woke bullshit, or dumb game systems (or all of the above), fleets of "game journos" and useful idiots (you) swarm around, chanting "why u care bro" "why u racist bro" "as a long time game player, i xyz".

Every time they know in advance when players will dislike something, when they actively dislike something, and when people arn't buying a product. Almost as though they're intentionally doing shit to fuck with people.

that's why speaking up when faggoty shit is being vomited out of retards like you, shitty game devs, twitterati retards, and really just anyone who talks about things in public. you can't let bystanders get the impression that your idiotic utterances are normal, acceptable, or reasonable. retard.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yabbayabba

Peasant
Pretty sure the libtard media is angry about this game for all the negative press with Star Wars Outlaws making their female character as ugly as possible and all the backlash it got. While they might be giving the game decent reviews the social media posts and opinion pieces are saying a different story.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

LOL they took away all the female pokemon avatar's hips, made their arms longer to look like moneys and de-feminized their faces.

pokemon...they thought POKEMON was "too sexy"

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure the libtard media is angry about this game for all the negative press with Star Wars Outlaws making their female character as ugly as possible and all the backlash it got. While they might be giving the game decent reviews the social media posts and opinion pieces are saying a different story.
I really don't think Ubisoft made that character intentionally ugly, I think their engine just sucks ass. Like how in DA:I and Andromeda you could make a character that looked fantastic in the character creator and then looked like a hideous fucking zombie as soon as you encountered zone lighting.

I think they made that character ethnically ambiguously on purpose, but I think ugly just happened due to incompetence.

• 1Moron