Stellaris

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I assumed fastest was a set speed. If I'm understanding correctly, it's just "rape your CPU to the max"?
Fastest speed is way quicker early game in Stellaris compared to late game.

Anyway, its a minor annoyance, but I am concerned about how this will play out once I get into the 2400s in the game, especially if it feels sluggish already at 2200

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Ok.

One-planet strategy is so fucking overpowered and broken.

Do it, end game you run around killing everything with no trouble, even the crises.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok.

Do it, end game you run around killing everything with no trouble, even the crises.

The real way to do it is to do Feudal Realms with the domination(im bad with the names of these, the one that gives vassal fleet cap to you) unity tree. Max out on vassals, get ridiculous tech and field a fleet as big as anyone else. Early game is very cheesy as youll be taking out AI when they colonize their first planets but by the end youll basically become a fallen empire.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Ok.

can you describe what happened?

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
can you describe what happened?
You play spiral, start of game rush to block off choke points. Fill in holes over the next hundred years. Rush to science mega structure. Rush to +200 naval capacity, vassalize some people. By then you're repeating techs. The awakened empires had "pathetic" power rankings. Then mop up the rest of the Galaxy because you're 5x as strong as everybody.

Kinda takes the fun out of the game.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
you mean block off choke points with frontier outposts?

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
you mean block off choke points with frontier outposts?
That's the general tactic I've seen. Your best starting situation is to be smack in the middle of a spiral galaxy arm, so you can frontier outpost further out on the arm past the galactic core and claim most of all that land for yourself on the start. Ideally you have no one else deeper into the arm so you claim that land un-opposed

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
That's the general tactic I've seen. Your best starting situation is to be smack in the middle of a spiral galaxy arm, so you can frontier outpost further out on the arm past the galactic core and claim most of all that land for yourself on the start. Ideally you have no one else deeper into the arm so you claim that land un-opposed

does it matter if you start at the tip of the arm and work towards the core, or if you start by the core and work towards the tip?

im guessing the 2nd option is more preferable?

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
does it matter if you start at the tip of the arm and work towards the core, or if you start by the core and work towards the tip?

im guessing the 2nd option is more preferable?
Yeah I think so. If you start at the tip, then every other civ on the map is potential competition for all the land going towards the core. While if you start in the middle of the arm, there's the chance you may have only 1 civ, or if you're lucky, 0, to have to deal with going towards the tip. And the 1 planet strat doesn't stop you from going to war and taking planets - you just need to make sure to purge all of the population and get back to a single planet asap, because tech and unity scale based on # of planets owned.

One thing I wonder would be interesting, is if you get to high influence early on, could you re-settle your capital elsewhere and just move your population? Especially if you find a superior planet in terms of modifiers. In the end, the cost would be influence + minerals + some small opportunity cost.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Yeah I think so. If you start at the tip, then every other civ on the map is potential competition for all the land going towards the core. While if you start in the middle of the arm, there's the chance you may have only 1 civ, or if you're lucky, 0, to have to deal with going towards the tip. And the 1 planet strat doesn't stop you from going to war and taking planets - you just need to make sure to purge all of the population and get back to a single planet asap, because tech and unity scale based on # of planets owned.

One thing I wonder would be interesting, is if you get to high influence early on, could you re-settle your capital elsewhere and just move your population? Especially if you find a superior planet in terms of modifiers. In the end, the cost would be influence + minerals + some small opportunity cost.
You could. But I just run a mod to ensure starting planets are 20+

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
I see you play this game, so let me pose a quick question. I just bought the game and like it, but I have to admit that it really bothers me to have all these negroid leaders and scientists. How do you deal with them past the tedious task of renaming everything they touch in pidgin speak.

It seriously takes a lot away from the fun/immersion of the game.

Damn, dude... really? Take the racist shit back to screenshots or something.

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tried the 1 planet strategy and it seems kinda fun. Could've min-maxed way harder with switching around specific type researchers from surveyors etc but couldn't be arsed. Also could've gone sharper on the outposts since I capped influence a few times and had to spam edicts on the planet that kinda did jack shit. Got lucky finding the last pre-cursor anomaly at around 2280 or something and their capital system being inside my borders (don't know if this is usual or not) that netted me 9999 unity. so 90 years into the game and Science Nexus is done and I'm pushing repeatable techs. Also got Jump Drives for some reason.
20171028090226_1.jpg

Large galaxy and I'm obviously the orange poopoo fingering other people's space.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I see you play this game, so let me pose a quick question. I just bought the game and like it, but I have to admit that it really bothers me to have all these negroid leaders and scientists. How do you deal with them past the tedious task of renaming everything they touch in pidgin speak.

It seriously takes a lot away from the fun/immersion of the game.

I find it annoying that all my research scientists and science ships captains are 90% women. I think thats fucking bullshit. Also, good luck ever getting a leader with an American name like Bill Smith.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I find it annoying that all my research scientists and science ships captains are 90% women. I think thats fucking bullshit. Also, good luck ever getting a leader with an American name like Bill Smith.

Yea it's such bullshit. They keep crashing into fucking planets too.

Just got the uplift science skill, maybe I can make real citizens of these bonobos.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Newer players may not remember but when the game came out there was a...uh...bleaching mod for the human racial portraits that started a ruckus on steam hahhaha.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Newer players may not remember but when the game came out there was a...uh...bleaching mod for the human racial portraits that started a ruckus on steam hahhaha.
Oh yeah that seemed like so long ago.

"Accurate representation of human spacefaring" uhh what?

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Please keep any SJW and racist comments out of this thread. Doesn’t matter if you feel those issues are in the game or not, discuss those issues in their appropriate thread.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users