Stellaris

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

khorum

Murder Apologist
I'm excited for the changes in base design. Instead of laying-out every building, its just a simple boolean. I'm hoping it will vastly speed up the game.
EU4's mass builder/upgrader interface would work too. They stole the rally/army design system from EU4 already.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
There's a trailer out, but it's just cut scenes and eye candy, no UI or introduction to console controls.

iannis

Musty Nester
They're gonna port stellaris to consoles?

Well, they could. It is largely menu driven.

Seems like a super shitty game to play on a console though.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'm very happy with the upcoming additions of megacorps and changes to pops. I'm hopeful this will finally be where I wanted it to be near release. I've enjoyed myself a lot with it, but the super high abstraction of economics and adjacency bonus min/max is lame. Sectors still need more work. There are a lot of mods giving them a bigger impact.

Zero fucks about console thing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
le guin releases dec 6 going to be sweet.

finally can play late game games. wont be so fucking slow.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
is megacorp going to be a free patch or a full blown expansion?

khorum

Murder Apologist
is megacorp going to be a free patch or a full blown expansion?

The 2.2 ruleset will be free but Megacorp itself is a full-blown paid DLC.

Trailer is out:

I watched one of their let's plays and one of the megacorp civics is called "CRIMINAL HERITAGE" and you expand by building smuggling networks and drug labs on foreign planets----you can play as a fucking SPACE CARTEL.

Preordered.

Last edited:

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Put this here as I didn't feel like it warranted it's own thread, but Stellaris fans might like it:

For those who like Stellaris, but find it doesn't quite sit, I recently discovered a similar game that is very interesting to play, Distant Worlds: Universe. I suppose the best way to describe it is a cross between Stellaris and Aurora 4x What I like about it is that it's a PC game, that doesn't attempt to be anything but, with many Excel esque tables, drop down menus, scroll bars and shit. It's on sale now both at GoG and Steam, so you can get it for a steal.

It's both highly moddable (with the oblig Star Trek/Star Wars mods), but also has some unique and interesting features, such as high customisation for automation, so you can go from a full fledged "tyrant" who controls every aspect of the empire, to playing the roll of a Star Trek type captain exploring the stars leaving all else to the AI. Worth a look. Here's a Twitch vid, and you can find some additional info:

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Distant Worlds is bloody fantastic. It's everything Stellaris wishes it could be, just without the interesting writing. It would have been such more successful game if it hadn't been kept to Matrix/Slitherin. Few people have ever heard of it because of that.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
played yesterday for a while, can confirm that pure autocannon corvettes just chew through everything

also first time playing as machine empire, and that felt extremely overpowered. without a food component (more space for mines, plants and labs), without a happiness/unrest component, leaders that are eternal and a whole bunch of other perks (frequent robot mod point techs) - i won the entire game without getting into a single war with anyone, despite being negative 1000 in relations with everyone for being a "Murder Machine". the biggest advantage was that machines ignore planet conditions for colonization. doesnt matter if tomb or tropical, its always 100% habitability. am i overlooking something? why are machines so OP?

the last game I played was this one 8 months ago. i didnt bother playing again because i thought machine empires made the game completely trivial

did they ever address this in later patches?

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Put this here as I didn't feel like it warranted it's own thread, but Stellaris fans might like it:

For those who like Stellaris, but find it doesn't quite sit, I recently discovered a similar game that is very interesting to play, Distant Worlds: Universe. I suppose the best way to describe it is a cross between Stellaris and Aurora 4x What I like about it is that it's a PC game, that doesn't attempt to be anything but, with many Excel esque tables, drop down menus, scroll bars and shit. It's on sale now both at GoG and Steam, so you can get it for a steal.

It's both highly moddable (with the oblig Star Trek/Star Wars mods), but also has some unique and interesting features, such as high customisation for automation, so you can go from a full fledged "tyrant" who controls every aspect of the empire, to playing the roll of a Star Trek type captain exploring the stars leaving all else to the AI. Worth a look. Here's a Twitch vid, and you can find some additional info:

Is the AI intelligent?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Is the coming update going to help speed up the end game?

Read somewhere that they are improving something about the game that would make the end game playable again...

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
ya thats the plan. planets will no longer have building mgmt per x,y coordinate so the computational requirements should go way down.