Stellaris

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

khorum

Murder Apologist
Endgame performance got WAAAY better when they switched to hyperlane-only travel. I doubt I'd play on larger than Large since the endgame is just such a fucking slog decades after you've moved past the point when losing is even a remote possibility.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Endgame performance got WAAAY better when they switched to hyperlane-only travel. I doubt I'd play on larger than Large since the endgame is just such a fucking slog decades after you've moved past the point when losing is even a remote possibility.
Yeah I'm gonna try increasing difficulty once 2.2 drops

Agraza

Registered Hutt
all the individual pops and adjacency bonuses were just not scaling well. The new pop system doesn't make the game feel like book 6 of Wheel of Time.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
all the individual pops and adjacency bonuses were just not scaling well. The new pop system doesn't make the game feel like book 6 of Wheel of Time.
True but the pop tile system helped distinguish the Stellaris from the other clausewitz games. The adjacency benefits also made each planet feel distinct, especially since many of the narrative effects would be reflected on the planetary tiles.

From what I've seen of the 2.2 planetary interface it's been nudged closer to EU4 provincial interfaces where you simply had build slots and all the individual planetary characteristics are just abstracted into a stat, which would be a shame.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
This is the case. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to accept for the late game performance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm with Agraza on this one. I don't think the pop tile system is interesting enough to justify the slowdown in late game performance at all, and anything they changed in that system to make it more interesting would probably just make late game performance get even worse.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Even if you AREN'T playing on a potato, the current win states are such that on large and huge galaxies the difference between rolling up the last 10% of the habitable planets to win could be anywhere from 50 to 100 years compared to medium maps. Longer if you're unlucky enough to run into multiple pacifists who built dozens of habs. The Collosi don't really help either, since it takes them a few weeks to charge up and fire before destroying a single planet.

In my experience, as bad as late game performance is, it's easily overshadowed by the domination/alliance win requirements. It's even worse if the late-game crises don't snowball enough to wipe out a few people. The hyperlane-only fix has virtually eliminated late game lag for me, but closing up the endgame on larger maps is still tedious.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree with all of that, too, but the pop tile system just didn't grab me. Like the adjacency bonuses I skip after a few planets because most of them are useless past a certain point. Ascendancy had a great pop tile system for its era, and it always seemed to me like Stellaris tried to replicate it, but failed to make it any better.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, the owner recently shot me an email that said they quit because their dad got cancer, was really sad.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Not sure if any of you care, but I find his videos to be a good watch. Especially his current play through of the new DLC. You can tell he has been apart of the corporate world before, lol: ASpec's MegaCorp - Interns

khorum

Murder Apologist
So I preordered this like a couple weeks ago and was hoping Megacorp would download and install before my flight this morning and I get to the airport and crack open my laptop and NAAAAWWWP it's still wasn't released.

Paradox uses Sweden time for releases.

WHO IN THE FUCK USES SWEDISH TIME FOR STEAM RELEASES?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I wanted to play a bit, when I saw a new expansion announced. Fucking binging it so hard. Forgot how addicting this is.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
New planet managment is confusing as fuck. I have no idea what I am doing.

• 1Solidarity

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Well this was a huge letdown.

Not only is the game not faster is fucking slower.

UI need work. Not sure why we have a tiny window for population.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Me managing my planets.

2e02rl.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
281990_screenshots_20181207151654_1.jpg
Trade route what the fuck are you doing

The routes make no sense and patrolling those routes is even harder with the current pathing AI.

• 1Worf