Stranger Things

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Only on episode 3, I was too old for robot toys by 1985, (I had just bought a Commodore 64 with big ass floppy disc drive,) but I"m pretty sure Transformers weren't out yet, it would have been Micronauts at that time.

Was the main kids mom that hot in season 1 and 2? I do not remember that.
I would do so many things to that mom

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

iannis

Musty Nester
She was. In s1 it was hotmom hot daughter. They didn't focus on it.

I'd make that mom breakfast, like a real gentleman.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Season 4 confirmed (duh). Sounds like Netflix may be sucking the brothers dicks for a 5th season.

Wasnt it Netflix who came out and said 5 seasons was the perfect number for tv shows? I would expect them to get a fifth season. Just hope the Duffer Brothers have some sort of story in mind.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
S3 was great. Just a bit lower in the rankings than S1, but way better than S2. It is definitely worth your time if you have enjoyed the series to this point.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Only on episode 3, I was too old for robot toys by 1985, (I had just bought a Commodore 64 with big ass floppy disc drive,) but I"m pretty sure Transformers weren't out yet, it would have been Micronauts at that time.

Transformers TV series and Gen 1 toys had been around since 1984, though they show Ultra Magnus who wasn't around in 1985 as he was introduced in Transformers: The Movie in 1986. Transformers was positioned well to take over the 'boys toys' crown from Star Wars which rapidly decayed after ROTJ in 1983.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
The whole scoops chick coming out as gay wasn't bad or forced too much and, Steve is the best character and he's going to make her straight anyway
Halfway through season one, my wife hated Steve. I told her she was an idiot and he is the best character. He is now her favorite character and she understands that I am always right.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its funny how these days 100% of shows HAVE to have some gay shit in it. Back in the 80s you would not DARE to come out like that unless you lived in Frisco.

Caliane

you all on about Robin being gay, and you guys missed Will is too?

"its not my fault you don't like girls.. I'm sorry, I didnt mean it like that."

• 1Seriously?

Kiki

Log Wizard
Will was me when I was a kid, when all my friends got girlfriends and I was the idiot loser still playing video games.

Maybe that's why everyone hates him.

This explains alot.

I'm still holding out for hopper. We never saw a body and Winona can't lose 2 dudes in a row. She gonna do it again?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean, growing up in the 80s myself I never met a gay person, and I used to move around a lot and met many peeps. A few were suspect, you know, feminine type, but it was never "yo, im gay" or "I dont like girls" It was never outed back then because you would get ridiculed for the rest of your school life for sure. That shit didnt happen until the 2000s when it became fashionable to be gay.

In fact one of my real good buddies throughout the 90s, 2Ks died in a motorcycle accident and his boyfriend came to the funeral. And he never outed himself to any of us, and we were his closest friends. And none of us would ever gave a shit either, its just how it was back then.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This explains alot.

I'm still holding out for hopper. We never saw a body and Winona can't lose 2 dudes in a row. She gonna do it again?
It really just scratches the surface. Check out the fast food thread

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Transformers was definitely a thing. As I said earlier, TF The Movie was in 1986 and TF had already been out for a few years by then

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Transformers was definitely a thing. As I said earlier, TF The Movie was in 1986 and TF had already been out for a few years by then

Youre right, I jsut looked it up and transformers toys hit the shelves in 84'

Kiki

Log Wizard

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I mean, growing up in the 80s myself I never met a gay person, and I used to move around a lot and met many peeps. A few were suspect, you know, feminine type, but it was never "yo, im gay" or "I dont like girls" It was never outed back then because you would get ridiculed for the rest of your school life for sure. That shit didnt happen until the 2000s when it became fashionable to be gay.

In fact one of my real good buddies throughout the 90s, 2Ks died in a motorcycle accident and his boyfriend came to the funeral. And he never outed himself to any of us, and we were his closest friends. And none of us would ever gave a shit either, its just how it was back then.

If you had a buddy that was gay you just didn't talk about it. It wasn't hateful, it just wasn't something that you did.

That's what tolerance looked like in the 80's. You didn't talk about it, and if some other asshole started in on him you made sure everyone within yelling distance knew he wasn't a faggot.

It really wasn't until the mid 90's that I personally saw that start to change. And it changed fairly slowly. Part of it was just getting older, part of it is being southern, but part of it was the larger society too.