Street Fighter 6

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chipotle is ass but it's certainly better than the sewage they serve at Moe's.
Yea but the sewage is a deal. And Chipotle's chips are fucking ass everytime I get them they're stale as fuck.

Moe's also has more toppings, sauces, and chips are free (and a shit ton better cause they're made fresh constantly).

It's all shit go to your local Mexican food truck and get some proper tacos from Juan

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
That costume vid really puts into perspective how shit and too busy the new default costume are compared to the originals. OG's are so much cleaner and better designed it's not even funny.

I'm betting the mod community will also put them to shame.

Old man rant time:

I hate Kimberly's design. All of it. Graffiti 'artists' should be shot on sight.

DeeJay's look is also total shit. Looks like he might be a fun character though and I liked him in SF2 and SF4.

I don't get all the love for JP. He just looks... odd. Not bad per se, just off. Proportions are wrong or something. Movelist definitely looks like it could make for some fun stuff though I'll grant you that.

The character idea behind Manon is just silly. Ballet dance fighting? Yeah sure that's going to fair real well when you face up against the UFC's latest wifebeat-o-tronic steroid-fueled monster from parts unknown. Part of SF's appeal to me is that it (mostly) had some basis in legit martial arts. Sure, sure, fireballs and sonic booms and all, but even that was based in 'legendary' eastern mystic abilities. Martial arts taken over 9000 if you will. How do you take ballet over 9000? Psychic knives in your tutus? GTFO
At least the character design isn't too bad.

Same kind of issue with Lily (and Sakura in previous games). Oh look a 90lb pre-teen with ethnic sticks against... Zangief. Seems legit. But she spins, bro! (I've got it! Lily: The Spinning Rims of SF)

Why is Marisa a girl? Eh, why was Abigail 10 feet tall and made engine sounds like a toddler? Whatever, I guess.

I still think all the 'ink/paint splash' effects for specials and drive rush and whatnot are stupid. Do we really need all that to signal players? I thought you had to be good and recognize moves without big flashing lights to help you.

/rant

Game looks a lot more polished at launch here than SF5 was, though I guess that isn't saying much? SF5 really matured into a great game IMO, though it was still never as good to watch as the best of SF4. Not sure if SF6 is going to be somewhere in between on that front.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20230602_173938.jpg

Wow this kinda looks like dogshit. What have they done to Street Fighter?

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Spooky has been playing the ballerina chick.

• 2Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I plunked down because RL friends of mine play fighting games and figured I'd give it a shot after the raving reviews. Going through the story mode and there is a lot here. The character designs are just god awful, but I'm stomaching it and finding there is a solid game under all the gayness. I try to look at it as everything is just an over the top caricature of the zoomer culture and it helps. Street Fighter has always been over the top reflection of different cultures, unfortunately this one is just super American and we all know American culture is fake and gay as fuck.

Will follow up once I get further and try out some real characters other then my fat avatar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
This game is the hardest SF they've made, ST and 3rd strike be damned
i'm too old for this shit, im just gonna get drunk at evo and not play lmao

• 2Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Cant start from steam, guess we have to use the game socials. I found an Ossoi and sent and invite request.
Hopefully the Ossoi you found is better than the one we have here. I mean it’s highly likely but you never know.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn they even put Ossoi in the game with his washboard abs and everything

1685825454724.png

• 2Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Damn they even put Ossoi in the game with his washboard abs and everything

View attachment 476374

First they called me dog fucker and I said nothing.

Then they called me autistic and I said nothing.

But I draw the line at being called a jogger tranny with blue hair. Say that to me in game if you think you're tough

• 1Like
  • 1Worf